Windows 10: BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

Discus and support BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Attached minidumps collect from this latest install of Windows. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IUnknown, Apr 22, 2017.

1. IUnknown Win User

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times

Attached minidumps collect from this latest install of Windows.

IUnknown, Apr 25, 2017
  2. philc43 Win User

The dumps continue to show memory corruption but as you have tested your RAM I am inclined to think there must be a driver which is causing this. There is a method below which might reveal if there are any faulty drivers on your system. Perform this at your own risk and make sure you follow all the warnings in case you have trouble getting out of the driver verifier mode.

BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please read and run driver verifier.

If you suspect a driver is causing a problem but do not have a clear idea which one it is then Driver Verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or until you have a bluescreen, whichever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset driver verifier from within safe mode, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

philc43, Apr 25, 2017
  3. IUnknown Win User
    Verifier has been running for almost 24 hours and no BSOD. I even double checked to make sure it was in fact running.

I started an RMA process for the GPUs. I'm going to try swapping RAM sticks and running 3DMark with each GPU individually. All I can think is that this is hardware now. I wish there was a way to know for sure.

IUnknown, Apr 26, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

You can run the test for up to 48 hours. Test using 3DMark without GPUs if you have on-board graphics.

philc43, Apr 26, 2017
  5. IUnknown Win User
    Completed Driver Verifier with no errors.

Tonight I retested each GPU individually with 3DMark and only one stick of RAM installed.

GPU #1 passed all of the tests. I ran 3DMark three times as I couldn't believe it.

GPU #2 on the first pass, made it to the final CPU test and then the machine froze up. I rebooted and ran 3DMark again. The card failed during loading of the second test and I received a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. One final time to confirm and again the card failed at the second test with the same BSOD.

I'm RMA'ing the card with EVGA.

IUnknown, Apr 27, 2017
  6. IUnknown Win User
    Well I'm not out of the woods yet. System is more stable than its been, but I'm still wondering if this one GPU is bad or something else. I'm still waiting on the RMA'd GPU to return. Once that does, I can swap them and see if I'm still getting BSODs.

Just received several BSODs during a game. And now 3DMark is failing at the CPU test. It doesn't BSOD, but the test freezes up at about 10 seconds or so in. The CPU test occurs after 3 GPU tests.

These are the last two BSODs:

==================================================
    Dump File : 050717-4937-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 5/7/2017 11:28:45 AM
    Bug Check String : SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug Check Code : 0x1000007e
    Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff802`0f2fcc9e
    Parameter 3 : ffffb381`2c435cd8
    Parameter 4 : ffffb381`2c435510
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+63c9e
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.15063.250 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+63c9e
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050717-4937-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 15063
    Dump File Size : 309,217
    Dump File Time : 5/7/2017 11:29:45 AM

Dump File : 050717-4734-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 5/7/2017 11:15:17 AM
    Bug Check String : SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000003b
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`c0000005
    Parameter 2 : fffff801`ce04f91f
    Parameter 3 : ffffe780`93525c30
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+16bfd0
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.15063.250 (WinBuild.160101.0800)
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+16bfd0
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\050717-4734-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 8
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 15063
    Dump File Size : 312,105
    Dump File Time : 5/7/2017 11:15:57 AM

IUnknown, May 6, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    If there are issues with a CPU test then I'd guess the CPU to be at fault.

8. IUnknown Win User

Is there a way to know for sure? I ran Intel's cpu diagnostic tool which didn't show any problems. Any other test that will verify the CPU has issues?

It crashes pretty consistently now on 3DMark CPU test with Time Spy. Weird that everything was fine for over a year until a few weeks ago. Then I have a bad controller on the motherboard, one dead gpu, a dead keyboard, and now possibly the CPU!

IUnknown, May 7, 2017
  9. axe0 New Member
    The best way to know for sure is by either replacing it with a different one, or by testing the CPU in a different system.

10. IUnknown Win User
    Well, as soon as I took the CPU out of the socket I could see the problem. One pin was a little off. After a bit of surgery with a magnifying glass, I pushed the pin back in place and reset the CPU. So far things are good, passed 3DMark CPU test. Hopefully this is the last of the hell I've been thru!

Absolutely no idea how a single pin became bent. I definitely was very careful placing the CPU and did not over tighten the cooler. Very odd.

EDIT:

Spoke too soon. Now I received a BSOD during the GPU test on a third run thru. I can reproduce it every time. From a cold machine, 3DMark will pass every test. After completing, launch 3DMark tests again and it will fail on the 2nd GPU test.

Guess that I am waiting for the RMA to arrive and test that card.

IUnknown, May 7, 2017
  11. axe0 New Member
    Has the CPU been checked for any damage caused by the bent pin?
    As I see it, there is a good chance this is either the CPU or motherboard causing the issue.

Thema:

1. BSOD on Windows 10 with various errors at random times - Similar Threads - BSOD various errors

2. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  3. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  4. Various BSOD errors

Various BSOD errors: Hi There, I'm hoping someone can help me here, I'm being pestered by random BSOD errors including Reference by Pointer PFN List Corrupt System Service exception I am not overclocking to my knowledge anything on my PC. I've tested my RAM and my HDD, both had errors....
  5. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  6. Various BSOD errors in random activity

Various BSOD errors in random activity: Hello, So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time. The only BSOD I figured out was LogMeIn Hamachi driver, so I uninstalled it, but BSOD's continue to happen, even though I formated my disk...
  7. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  8. BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes

BSOD at random times, mostly when playing. Various error codes: So, new computer, was using Windows 7 and getting BSODs constantly. So I decided to make a clean install with Windows 10 and thought the issue was resolved, clearly not the case. I will be uploading the last mini dump, but let me already tell you that more than one error...
  9. BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.

BSOD randomly. Various errors. Couldn't repair windows installation.: My computer has been randomly freezing. Sometimes it will crash to a BSOD, sometimes it just becomes unresponsive and the HD working light next to the power button on my computer case stays constantly lit. I wasn't able to create a repair USB, so I made one from my husband's...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...