Windows 10: BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys

Discus and support BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Let me preface this by saying this only happens when I use Crossfire while playing GW2 and the BSOD does not show when I had my R9 290 in crossfire.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jaymeze, Mar 13, 2017.

1. jaymeze Win User

BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys

Let me preface this by saying this only happens when I use Crossfire while playing GW2 and the BSOD does not show when I had my R9 290 in crossfire.

Situation: In-game and running around, display will turn off. When it turns back on it has no image, just vertical lines of RBG pixles. Then display will turn off and on a few times leading to BSOD.

BSOD error message: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE Source: atikmpagsys

Attached is the DM LOG File

P.S. - I have already re-installed the video drivers after using DDU after uninstalling.(Did this 3 times)

Edit: I really hope I did this correctly.

:)

jaymeze, Mar 13, 2017
  2. dire-x Win User

BSOD Memory_Management and other

Just had another BSOD, this time it was a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Was playing Guild Wars 2 while Firefox was open playing a video on Youtube.

another minidump

dire-x, Mar 13, 2017
  3. Can anything go wrong if I uninstall my display adapter in safe mode?

In your opinion, should this fix the video_tdr_failure (atikmpag.sys) problem?

Orlin Aurum, Mar 13, 2017
  4. BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys

BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys [​IMG]
    0x116

VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

A VIDEO_TDR_ERROR always relates to the system's graphics card (TDR = Timeout Detection Recovery). This could be down to a number of reasons including drivers, heat, power to the card, a faulty PCI-e slot or simply a defective GPU. It's in your best interests to employ common sense trouble shooting techniques in these situations.

• Try later and/or earlier drivers
    • Measure the GPU's temperatures at idle and under load
    • Ensure the GPU is free from dust build up and that the fan is working correctly
    • Reseat the GPU and check all connections are securely made
    • Check PSU voltages in BIOS
    • Try a different card in the system

Diagnostic Test
    GPU TEST

Run FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

BSODHunter, Mar 13, 2017
  5. When NZXT installed before Bluescreens u should check if theres any GPU overclocking activated. After that u shouls remove this tool, its known for causing Bluescreens.

U should also check your RAM configuration. The actual frequency does not match with the memory bar frequency. Maybe something was changed in the BIOS?:

Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0014h] Size 8192MB Speed 3200MHz Manufacturer 0420 Part Number F4-3000C15-8GTZB [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 40 - Handle 0016h] Size 8192MB Speed 3200MHz Manufacturer 0420 Part Number F4-3000C15-8GTZB[/quote]

BSODHunter, Mar 13, 2017
  6. jaymeze Win User
    [/quote] I do not understand this "NZXT installed before Bluescreens" although the GPUs are manually overclocked by me using WATTMAN.

The frequency of RAM was overclocked by me in BIOS.

I will double check the seating of the GPU in the PCI slots, although the BSOD only happens in Guild Wars 2 and not in CIV 6 or other graphic intensive games.

jaymeze, Mar 13, 2017
  7. Overclocking is one of the most common cause of bluescreens. This Forum is only for stock running Systems. Please refere for an overclocking forum for further help. I bet when u remove all OC the BSODs will dissapear.

See here:
    Common BSOD Error Code List for Overclocking - Overclock.net Community

0x116 = Low IOH (NB) voltage, GPU issue (most common when running multi-GPU/overclocking GPU)

BSODHunter, Mar 13, 2017
  8. jaymeze Win User

Thank you, I'll mark this as solved.

jaymeze, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD Playing Guild Wars 2 x64 -> VIDEO_TDR_Failure -> atikmpag.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD Playing Guild

2. Got BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2: Hello all,As the title says, I was playing GW2 and then got BSOD.Its code is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAI have checked in the Event Viewer, it is a critical event. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. Got BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2: Hello all,As the title says, I was playing GW2 and then got BSOD.Its code is PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAI have checked in the Event Viewer, it is a critical event. <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. Got BSOD while playing Guild Wars 2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD - Video_Tdr_Failure : igdkmd64.sys: Hi! I have been facing this "Video TDR Failure" in windows 10 on my MI Notebook 14 Horizon Edition.When I install the latest intel graphic driver switching from Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. It shows a yellow exclamation mark and in the properties, it shows "Windows has...
  6. BSOD playing Guild Wars 2

BSOD playing Guild Wars 2: New(ish) laptop, just a few months old and haven't had any problems with Windows 10 crashes since I got it. Recently reinstalled Guild Wars 2 and I can play successfully for random periods of time. I've had two blue screens in the last several hours while playing it and I...
  7. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2

BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION playing Guild Wars 2: Hey guys, sometimes while playing Guild Wars 2 i experience a sudden freeze. It is impossible to open the task manager or anything else. Shortly after that, the BSOD appears. I add the diagnostic information and hope you can help me! If you need any other information, I...
  8. BSODs when using integrated graphics to play Guild Wars 2

BSODs when using integrated graphics to play Guild Wars 2: Hey everyone! I've been having a lot of problems playing online games with my integrated graphics. I get really low fps if I try to play using my dedicated graphics card. It gets to the point where the games are unplayable which is why I switched over to the integrated...
  9. BSOD at random times in Guild Wars 2 [0x0124]

BSOD at random times in Guild Wars 2 [0x0124]: Hi, I have never had any BSOD related problems on my computer until I "opted" to upgrade from Windows 8,1 to Windows 10. Since then I have been getting what seem to be random crashes always when running Guild Wars 2. This does not occur under any other circumstances or in...
  10. BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys)

BSOD : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys): Hi there. I have a BSOD screen when I play a game 20-30 minutes . The error is : VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys). Before installing W10 i could play games as Counter-Strike : Global Offensive, Minecraft and League of Legends at their full power without interrupting. And...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video tdr failure windows 10 guild wars 2