Windows 10: BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl

Discus and support BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This computer is ~3 weeks old, and now crashing constantly. Specs are: CPU: i5 - 6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666 MOB: ASRock Z170... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vikhik, Oct 3, 2015.

1. vikhik Win User

BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl

This computer is ~3 weeks old, and now crashing constantly. Specs are:
    • CPU: i5 - 6600k
    • RAM: 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2666
    • MOB: ASRock Z170 Pro4
    • GPU: EVGA GTX 970, SC (I think, I got it from a friend who upgraded)

I am now constantly (7+ times per full day) getting BSODs. Typically playing MGSV now results in a BSOD after ~15 minutes
    of play, DotA 2 after ~20 minutes of play, and occasionally when compiling large chunks of code (like the Unreal Engine).

EDIT: To be specific, I believe that it was after the Unreal Engine finished compiling, it loaded, and was trying to compile some Shaders. I suspect this may therefore be due to the graphics driver? However I've updated it to the latest one...

Research has led me to believe it is probably RAM issues, driver issues or overclocking. Can you please help me figure it out?

To my memory, I have not begun overclocking this machine (although I imagine that I might have set it to default bios OC ~3% when I was building the rig?). I will test after I post this and edit.

EDIT: I have verified that I am not currently OC'ing at all (according to BIOS).

To test RAM issues, I have removed one stick at a time (remaining stick in 1st channel), and then booted, played MGSV until it crashed (both sticks) then re-inserted both sticks. I have also run a full RAM verify, before even installing Windows (using Ubuntu long service release live CD RAM test) and yesterday (full Windows RAM test, 7 cycles/15 before I got bored, 0 errors).

I haven't verified my drivers yet, that will happen after I check for OC'ing. (With a restore point, ofc.)

I am attaching a screenshot of my BlueScreenView application, and the debug dump as per BSOD posting instructions.

Hopefully this is an easy issue to fix and not my RAM. Thanks for the help!

:)

vikhik, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Galkhuu Win User

Windows 10 update stopcode error

i cant play dota 2. help me pls. always error

Galkhuu, Oct 3, 2015
  3. AsimThapa Win User
    Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware.

Hi I always get error 'Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware.' when I try to play any game. Skyrim and Dota 2 were working fine before I reset my PC. After resetting my PC when i try to open Skyrim it says'Application has been blocked
    from accessing Graphics Hardware.' and when i try to play DOTA 2 it freezes and only sound continues to play. PLEASE HELP !!!! BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl :( I have tried almost everything that is in the internet .

I have Intel HD graphics 520 (Ya I know integrated graphics are not for playing games but it worked fine before).

Update: I uninstalled the graphics driver and run Skyrim. 'The application has been...' message didn't appear but the game was lagging.

AsimThapa, Oct 3, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi vikhik,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Most of the dumps are saying memory problems
    Code: Probably caused by : memory_corruption[/quote] You also had a 0x1a which equals above.
    Unfortunately, the Windows Built-in Memory Test is not good enough to determine if the memory is indeed causing this.
    Please try MemTest86+ for testing the memory and let me know the results.

BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  5. vikhik Win User
    Doing that right now. Driver Verifier is running and haven't BSOD'd yet, after I create the memtest media, do you want me to force a crash by playing some MGS?

vikhik, Oct 3, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    No, I want you to test your RAM.
    Please disable driver verifier and test your RAM first
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

axe0, Oct 3, 2015
  7. vikhik Win User
    Testing now. Looks awfully like the memtest on the Ubuntu live CD.

I'd upload a picture of the screen I took from my phone, but no way to upload on the mobile site that I can see. Send to be all fine so far. CPU temp normal, etc.

I'll leave it running overnight and then post results in the morning (9pm now, expect results before 8am).

vikhik, Oct 3, 2015
  8. vikhik Win User

It is only up to pass 5 but no errors so far. I will leave it to run all day. Attempting to attach a photo.

Attachment 41094

vikhik, Oct 4, 2015
  9. vikhik Win User
    11 Passes and no issues... Next step?

vikhik, Oct 4, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

11. vikhik Win User
    Ok, I'll enable that now. After 48 hours or next BSOD, what are my steps to provide you with a report?

vikhik, Oct 4, 2015
  12. axe0 New Member
    Use the tool from the BSOD posting instructions and upload the zip file.

13. vikhik Win User

Ok was going fine, loaded up and started playing MGS, crashed pretty quickly.

Every time it loaded into Windows it would crash within about 15 seconds, so I disabled verifier (cmd: verifier/reset) and now I'm back.

I've run the log collecter and am attaching the results: Attachment 41180

vikhik, Oct 4, 2015
  14. axe0 New Member
    Please make sure the frequency of the memory modules is supported by your motherboard.

All the crashes from today are caused by memory corruption.

15. vikhik Win User
    According to the website, use my motherboard sports my RAM clock speed.ASRock > Z170 Pro4

vikhik, Oct 4, 2015
Thema:

1. BSOD playing MGSV/DotA 2/Compiling Code, (almost) always from ntoskrnl - Similar Threads - BSOD playing MGSV

2. BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when playing Dota 2 but not other games: This is the report from Reliability Monitor Source Windows Summary Shut down unexpectedly Date ‎4/‎4/‎2020 8:49 PM Status Not reported Problem signature Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 124 Parameter 1: 0 Parameter 2: ffffca0e31c03028 Parameter 3: be000000 Parameter 4:...
  3. Recurring BSOD playing Dota 2 Driver IRQL not less not equal ntoskrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recurring BSOD playing Dota 2 Driver IRQL not less not equal ntoskrnl: Hi Guys, I've been encountering multiple BSODs while playing dota 2. The latest set of BSODs are Driver IRQL not less not equal. I've reinstalled my graphic drivers and several hardware drivers. I don't encounter BSOD if I play other games. hope you can help me out. Thanks...
  4. BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY

BSOD playing DOTA 2 & SIM CITY: Dear axe0, In accordance with a request to create a new thread. The problem I faced when I was migrating to Windows 10 is I can not get DOTA 2. When installing the update then happens BSOD. I read some threads in this forum but I can not. Similarly, when I play SIM CITY...
  5. BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2

BSOD rate increase while play DOTA 2: im new here, and i think you guys can solved my problem i bought a new PC and fresh install it with windows 10, then the bsod come it keep happening to my pc. then i decide to upgrade my windows 10 to windows 10 pro but bsod stand still. the problem is when i play dota 2...
  6. BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY

BSOD on playing Dota 2, error ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY: My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. Never had BSODs (in any other programs, including more demanding games like Witcher 3) until I installed Dota 2 and started having random BSODs during certain games. The most recent ones are of "ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY" (which...
  7. BSOD When i play DOta 2

BSOD When i play DOta 2: During nearly every match my game would freeze and cause a machine check exception, just happends in dota, I can play other games Like GTA V without issue, but Dota. First I thought it was overheat issue cuz the temperature was at 65°, now i boosted my fans and i got 50°...
  8. BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

BSOD playing Dota 2 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR: I bought this Lenovo Ideapad Y700-15ISK laptop in September, got the occasional BSoD until I updated BIOS. Today I got 4-6 of these BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR while trying to play Dota 2. I have previously run multiple programs, perhaps I've overworked the...
  9. BSOD playing dota 2

BSOD playing dota 2: Guys help me please... My laptop keep Bsod especially when playing dota 2 I got different BSOD everytime 1. irql_not_less_or_equal 2. system service exception dxgmms1.sys 3. dpc watchdog violation and many many more... Here is my minidump : Dropbox - minidump...
  10. BSOD While Playing dota 2

BSOD While Playing dota 2: Hi there. i've been getting this blue screen Death for couple of days , i've never experienced this before , i am using windows 10 pro 64bits, i've changed the whole windows for the BSOD but still i keep getting the blue screen while playing dota 2, any help woulAttachment...