Windows 10: BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling

Discus and support BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed to my PC for 3 months now. Every once in a while PC crashes and reboot due to BSOD. Usually this happens not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by h9ffi, Mar 28, 2016.

1. h9ffi Win User

BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling

I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed to my PC for 3 months now. Every once in a while PC crashes and reboot due to BSOD. Usually this happens not while the computer is under stress (gaming etc..) but when idle/only a browser open.

Files attached. Can you help to identify the problem?

Thanks in advance!*Smile

Edit. Missed the attachment *Biggrin

:)

h9ffi, Mar 28, 2016
  2. MtSeldon Win User

System restarts after sometime without user interaction.

I started the computer in safe mode , and computer ran with a BSOD .

now how am i going to find what's responsible for the BSOD while computer is idle?

MtSeldon, Mar 28, 2016
  3. My computer locks randomly even while i am using my keyboard or mouse.

<Original Title: random lock screen>

my computer even while I am using my keyboard or mouse will act as though my computer is idle and lock randomly. help!

littlerunawaybryde, Mar 28, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. h9ffi Win User
    Ran the verifier and the first reboot ended up in BSOD, after blue screen PC rebooted again. The second time booted normally to Windows. Is this the normal behavior or does this indicate that some of the non-windows driver is causing the issue?

Added new log files, if they are needed

h9ffi, Mar 28, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    It indicates something at startup is causing problems, although not a driver because no driver has been flagged.
    When no driver is being flagged it gives an indication of hardware problems, although I find it difficult to believe considering the frequency of the crashes are not accurate enough for hardware problems. But even though I find hardware problems difficult to believe, lets try a test of a common cause - memory - read the instructions below carefully please.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

Not to forget, please make sure fast startup is disabled. Although this is from about a week ago, disabling might help.
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: Event[5646]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2016-03-21T20:09:09.747 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-K4P8F7O Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote]

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling - Similar Threads - BSOD randomly while

2. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  3. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  4. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random reboots while idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random reboots while idle: Sup, folks.I need help with a problem with random reboots while system is idle.When i leave my PC and come back some time later i usually see logon screen.My setup isCPU: Ryzen 3600MB: Aorus x470 gaming wifi 5GC: Asus 6600xt dualRam: 2x 8gb Hyperx 2400ocd to 3000mhzPSU:...
  6. Random BSOD while working or idle

Random BSOD while working or idle: Hello! Since I build my new computer, I've been having random BSOD problems. I think it has to be simething related to drivers. I've reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times and updated diferent components drivers with no luck. I've been using the program WhoCrashed to try to...
  7. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  8. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  9. Random BSODs while idling/light workloads

Random BSODs while idling/light workloads: Ignore the first BSOD on august 26th that was most probably caused by SVP as it was triggered by the graphics driver i've disabled svp since then and had no graphics driver related BSODs the 3 after that happened in the short period after i installed new ram sticks(had 2...
  10. Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle

Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle: Typically when I step away from my laptop, or leave it over night - I will awake to it having a BSOD and reboots to the Dell Alienware Recovery Program. I've updated all the drivers I can, and it still is giving me this issue. Luckily it rarely happens while I'm actively...