Windows 10: BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051)

Discus and support BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good Evening, So before I blow out my m.2 drive with a new OS, I figured I would attempt and try to fix this issue that started 2 days ago. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 19, 2016.

1. BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051)

Good Evening,

So before I blow out my m.2 drive with a new OS, I figured I would attempt and try to fix this issue that started 2 days ago. My system likes to blue screen randomly anywhere from 5 to 120 minutes regardless of idle, gaming or anything. The error is always the same. I have not made any system changes to the drive since July 12 when I patched windows with a couple of updates. Below I will line out my system specs:

ASUS Rampage V Extreme (latest bios 3202)
    Intel 5930K
    32g (4x8g) GSkill Ripjaw 2400mhz DDR4 (XMP enabled)
    Sapphire Radeon R9 295x2
    EVGA Supernova 1600w T2
    Kingston Predator 240g m.2 PCIe (boot drive)
    Samsung 840 evo 500g SSD (game drive)
    Samsung 840 evo 120g SSD (spare)
    Mushkin Chronus 240g SSD (raid 1, steam drive)
    4x Western Digital 1tb blue (raid 1+0 back ups and all other storage)
    ASUS 27" 2560x1440p Monitor (dual screen)
    Logitech G500s mouse
    Microsoft Sidewinder x4 keyboard
    Logitech G930 headset

This is pretty frustrating and googling it seems to yield other individuals with different bug check codes. Mine is 0x00000051. I will patiently wait until I get too annoyed and just wipe it and start from scratch. I will be turning off XMP right after I post that and will report back soon with an update. Thank you guys in advance.
    Attachment 91019

*EDIT* I failed to mention I completed memtest successfully with no errors. I ran malwarebytes and windows defender checking everything. Lastly I completed SFC. Even after turning off XMP and of course, in the middle of writing an essay, the computer blue screened again.

:)

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 19, 2016

2. Surfacebook consistnatly BSODs after 10min idle (New since latest update)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The REGISTRY_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000051. This indicates that a severe registry error has occurred.

I suggest you to follow the below link.

Bug Check 0x51: REGISTRY_ERROR

Bug Check 0x51 REGISTRY_ERROR

A blue screen error (also called a stop error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

For your reference:

"Stop error code 0x00000051 (REGISTRY_ERROR)" error message when you back up the registry hive

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jul 19, 2016
  3. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

I tried all of the above, but I still get the BSOD. The only thing it tells me REGISTRY_ERROR

I cannot restore my PC as there isn't a restore point.

TheMarkMeister, Jul 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051)

Hi DeadlYSinneR99,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile
    Please upload the chkdsk log *Arrow Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer - Read in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Please check your SSDs for firmware updates.

Please run following commands in an admin command prompt and post a screenshot of the result.
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth&DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] Please run HDTune for each drive to
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051) [​IMG]

5. Please run HDTune for each drive to
    • check the health,
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.How to fill in your system specs:

[/quote] Thanks and sorry for the lack of information. Below is what I have accomplished thus far:

Event Viewer: zipped the logs.Attachment 91162

SSD Firmware: All SSD's are updated utilizing the manufacturers toolbox utilities.

DISM Command: Attachment 91163

HD Tune: Here come a lot of attachments...
    Attachment 91164Attachment 91165Attachment 91166Attachment 91167Attachment 91168Attachment 91169

Attachment 91174Attachment 91173Attachment 91172Attachment 91171Attachment 91170Attachment 91175

Finally, I have completed my system specs as requested. Please let me know if I missed or left out anything. Thank you again for your assistance.

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 20, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    You would want to run chkdsk in the command prompt instead of Windows Explorer, that causes chkdsk to make changes that better optimize the partition *Smile

What you want to do is open an admin command prompt and enter following command.
    Code: chkdsk C: /r&chkdsk G: /r&chkdsk F: /r&chkdsk E: /r&chkdsk D: /r[/quote] This command will fix errors + recovers readable data on each partition, for the first partition you'll need to have it unmounted what will be done when you reboot the system. The system will ask if you want to unmount the system on the next reboot, press Y, the command will then continue with the other partitions one by one.
    Make sure that chkdsk is done with each other partition before you reboot for the C partition, it could take several hours for a single partition to finish depending on the size of the partiton, the speed of the drive, the size of files and how much there is to be done.

7. This command will fix errors + recovers readable data on each partition, for the first partition you'll need to have it unmounted what will be done when you reboot the system. The system will ask if you want to unmount the system on the next reboot, press Y, the command will then continue with the other partitions one by one.
    Make sure that chkdsk is done with each other partition before you reboot for the C partition, it could take several hours for a single partition to finish depending on the size of the partiton, the speed of the drive, the size of files and how much there is to be done.[/quote] As requested:Attachment 91410

Now first thing, the logs are disorganized for 3 reasons. First because the scans locked up on the steam ssd once, I attempted to run it manually with the wrong attribute (twice, sorry), computer BSOD during the D drive which is my intel raid. Thanks a million for your help so far.

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 21, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

As long as chkdsk has been done as requested it is fine *Smile

It looks like some of the partitions needed a chkdsk cleanup *Smile

Let me know how it goes *Smile

9. Awesome, I am currently letting the desktop idle and plan on leaving it on all weekend plus some extended gaming/homework sessions. Will report back.

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 21, 2016
  10. Update for today. I have had no blue screens but I have had 2 lockups. Computer is idle and monitors went to sleep (not the computer, as hard disk and everything are set to stay on), shake mouse and no response and no response from keyboard (numlock wont change hitting my macro keys or keyboard lighting wont function). No new .dmp files were created so I am unsure how to troubleshoot this issue and computer requires hard restart but no issue booting back up.

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 22, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    A BSOD is a problem caught by Windows due to corruption or other violations, by doing this Windows prevents (more) of this problem while the system is online.
    Why do I say this? Because a BSOD is a different crash than the others, the other crashes are crashes that cannot be caught by Windows or are not fatal system crashes resulting in no dump.

Having said that, what power plan do you use? What are the display settings in the current power plan?

12. I use High performance and had the monitors within the plan set to off in 20 minutes. The OSD on my actual monitors only allows 120minutes and not a never option. So I just set windows to never turn off the monitor and my OSD to 20 minutes. Will report back.

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 23, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

I thought already that that setting was configured like that, good step to set it to never *Smile

14. I don't want to jinx it, but so far so good. So the resolution thus far was performing chkdsk on all drives installed and setting my monitor to turn off "never". I will post back if/when additional issues arise or should I make a new thread?

DeadlYSinneR99, Jul 25, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    You would want to run the chkdsk command I posted in the previous page once a month or something on each partition *Smile
    This to keep the health of each partition optimum.

It depends on what issues arise.

Thema:

1. BSOD Registry_Error (0x00000051) - Similar Threads - BSOD Registry_Error 0x00000051

2. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR blue screen: Hi,I keep getting a random blue screen error on my PC. Every time I enter my desktop I get a notification saying "restart to repair drive errors" and when I press it, my computer restarts and the message comes up again every time and eventually my pc gets a blue screen error...
  3. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR: Hi,Last night I was working on my PC,i have got the blue screen of death before, so when it happened again, i just waited for my PC to restart and be okay again.But then the computer kept getting the same error and it kept restarting after restarting, kept getting the BSOD.It...
  4. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR: Hi,Last night I was working on my PC,i have got the blue screen of death before, so when it happened again, i just waited for my PC to restart and be okay again.But then the computer kept getting the same error and it kept restarting after restarting, kept getting the BSOD.It...
  5. BSOD REGISTRY_ERROR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Registry_error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Registry_error: Hi, I recently encountered an error with my pc in which im stuck on the start up menu, telling me its an encountered an error and needs to restart, its been looping since it cant even boot, Says its a Registry_error I tried every troubleshooting method iv got, But it...
  7. Infinite loop after BSOD “Registry_Error”, can’t reset

Infinite loop after BSOD “Registry_Error”, can’t reset: Hi. I turned my PC (running windows 10) on this morning but I got a blue screen saying “Your PC ran into a problem. We’ll restart the computer for you”. The error code was “Registry_Error”. The computer is now stuck in an infinite loop. It just keeps restarting over and...
  8. BSOD with REGISTRY_ERROR after 4 minutes of idle time

BSOD with REGISTRY_ERROR after 4 minutes of idle time: I have exactly the same problem as another forum post but the solutions there did not help. The computer seems very stable right up until I let it go idle. After 4 minutes I get the REGISTRY_ERROR bsod. The system is not over clocked. CPU temps are low. Memtest86(+) runs fine...
  9. System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD

System_service_exception / Registry_error BSOD: Started having BSOD/reboot problem yesterday. It seems to happen when the computer is idle and getting ready to turn off peripherals to enter sleep mode. I uploaded the error log... Not sure what happened. Bad Windows update perhaps? I ran sfc /scannow and it didn't...
  10. BSOD when idle for 4 minutes, REGISTRY_ERROR

BSOD when idle for 4 minutes, REGISTRY_ERROR: Starting on the 17th, which is how far back the dump files should go, my computer began receiving a BSOD with the error "REGISTRY_ERROR" whenever I would leave it idle for about 4 minutes. Previously I've never had any issues with this computer. Everything's at stock. I'm...