Windows 10: BSOD serial-port

Discus and support BSOD serial-port in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; BSOD when the program Siemens STARTER using the serial-port. 77830 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by petlar930, Feb 21, 2017.

1. petlar930 Win User

BSOD serial-port

BSOD when the program Siemens STARTER using the serial-port.

:)

petlar930, Feb 21, 2017

2. Registering/Launching SPP profile in HTCP3470

Hi,

I got a Windows Mobile application that needs to communicate to an external board through Bluetooth Serial Port Profile. External Board will support only Bluetooth SPP profile.

I bought a Windows Mobile device(HTC P3470) for running this application. This device doesn't support Serial Port Profile. Instead it supports Head Set Profile which is based on Serial port Profile. Is it possible to register/publish Serial Port service on
    this device? So that communication can be done through Bluetooth Serial Port.

Thanks & Regards,

Thangavel.P

ThangavelP, Feb 21, 2017
  3. Splaticus Win User
    Windows 10 COM1 port vanish after "CRITICAL UPDATE" 8/31/2015

Hi Santosh_Rai,

1) I am actually referring to a bona-fide non-USB serial port on the motherboard.

2) This is a non-brand Intel Core i7 computer with a Gigabyte motherboard using a SuperIO chipset for serial and parallel ports.

I ran the troubleshooter, which decided the serial port driver needed to be reinstalled. It did so, then reported the trouble was not fixed and that the serial port driver needs to be reinstalled.

Splaticus, Feb 21, 2017
  4. BSOD serial-port

Code: 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (22.02.2017 11:07:50) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: s7oserix64.sys [11.02.2016] * Siemens PC Adapter RS232 Device Driver s7oppinx64.sys [27.08.2014] * Siemens PC Adapter RS232 Device Driver PROCESS: s7elonls64.exe Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility[/quote]
    Please update the Siemens Software and those Siemens Adapter Drivers:
    s7oserix64.sys [11.02.2016] * Siemens PC Adapter RS232 Device Drivers
    7oppinx64.sys [27.08.2014] * Siemens PC Adapter RS232 Device Driver

Your BIOS Version seems up-to-date:
    BIOS Version 66CN55WW
    BIOS Release Date 02/28/2013

You should also do an Filesystem Repair:

Repair Windows Filesystem:

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
    2. In the elevated command prompt, type these commands below, and press Enter:

dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    dism /Online /NoRestart /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

chkdsk %systemdrive% /F /R /X
    fsutil dirty set %systemdrive%

SFC:
    The SFC command scans the integrity of all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.
    DISM:
    If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem.
    For example, you would use sfc /scannow command is unable to repair corrupted or modified system files because the component store (source) is corrupted. SFC should be able to repair the files afterwards.
    CHKDSK:
    Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by bad sectors, improper shutdowns, bad software, corruption, physical damage, etc...

BSODHunter, Feb 21, 2017
Thema:

BSOD serial-port

1. BSOD serial-port - Similar Threads - BSOD serial port

2. Windows 10 and serial ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 and serial ports: Can windows 10 support serial ports. I installed a dual port serial card PCI Express and I cannot get it to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-and-serial-ports/4315b8d9-2ac5-4df6-8518-55aa038de787
  3. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  4. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers: my FTDI driver for usb serial converter creates a COM port but when i install a different driver for my casio CESG in serial controllers the COM port becomes hidden, and message with this hardware device is not connected to the computer. Code 45 I had this working once too!...
  5. USB Serial Port driver clash in Serial controllers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Serial Port Driver

Serial Port Driver: I need to install a serial port driver. Where can I find such a driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-port-driver/4a31f06a-0c90-4c1d-9379-6e1b6d982898
  7. USB serial port driver

USB serial port driver: Need a serial port driver fir Windies 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-serial-port-driver/92feaf39-367d-48ad-abf8-fe3a1c148ae8
  8. Hyper-V serial port

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hyper-V serial port: Hi We have Hyper-V Manager version: 10.0.18362.1 installed on Windows 10. We need to use serial port on victual machine, but could not get correct configuration. We tried some suggestions from internet, such as remote logon the virtual machine and use the serial port on...
  9. Serial com ports.

Serial com ports.: I am trying to use a USB-RS232 lead on my laptop. I cannot create any COM ports and none are there by default. If I try this on my desktop it works perfectly. When trying to create a COM port I get an invalid parameter error and the creation fails Windows 10 Home...
  10. Are Serial Ports Available ?

Are Serial Ports Available ?: I have a Shuttle (SH67) Computer running WIN10, 64 bit, for an O/S. Are there cards available to give me Serial Ports ? A Google search was useless !! Thanks, Richard S. 31197