Windows 10: BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..

Discus and support BSOD Sort of after 1903 update.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Short version: Updates wouldn't work( and when they did say they worked it left duplicates in the update history) so I factory reset the computer only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by une1, Aug 31, 2019.

1. une1 Win User

BSOD Sort of after 1903 update..

Short version: Updates wouldn't work( and when they did say they worked it left duplicates in the update history) so I factory reset the computer only to get failed install and get sent to the recovery screen with error 0xc0000225 .

BSOD Sort of after 1903 update.. [​IMG]
    I finally realize that there are 2 options in bootmanager which allows me to select what looks like duplicates of "something" see attached screen shot.
    I finally select the second one and my updates start running and complete the install on the computer. Windows runs fine .. all is well. But once I shutdown/restart the comptuer it takes me back to the same oxc0000225 screen and so in order to get to my running copy of windows I have to restart the computer get to the boot manager select the 2nd option to get windows to work. Now im no genius but I think this will definitely shorten the life of my os drive. & my f11 key lol. After the updates are done I go into update window only to find that again its asking me to run the same update Windows 1903 again...

How do I fix this?

:killcomp:

It all started when I got the notice that support for my copy of windows 10 was out of support and I should update to the latest update. So I simply hit "update" , to my surprise after the computer restarted and I went back to the update sections in settings. It was asking telling me to update the computer again, but for the same update that was seemingly successful. Odd... so I ran it again,again ...............and again and with no success and "successful "duplicates of the update history. I wondered what would happen if I rolled it back maybe the previous update was causing this issue....NOPE.. now windows was asking me to install that update, and just like before I ran the update multiple times with the restarts of course only to see duplicate entries into updates history. A few days later I got fed up and did a restored the pc to factory settings while keeping my files then decided to go to work. When I got back I saw that I had the to run the update. Yes this was going to work...I just knew it and sure enough I got that beautiful screen that showed my update progress!! YES!!!! until........................... I get this
    screen with the error code 0x0000225. ok no big deal right just pop in the recovery media that came with the computer...nothing came with this computer..But i did the recommended msi image recovery backup...
    YUS!!! so I restart the computer with drive and and I get the same friggin screen... What gives? is it not detecing my usb or maybe the boot order is wrong...so I pop into bios change the boot order..same friggin screen. Eventually I go to my one time boot options and select the usb drive..same screen when it restarts.. With no recovery media I get prepared for the worst I have to purchase a copy of windows with money I dont have all because of the update... After getting fed up the next morning I try everything and I noticed there were two options to select from on the boot manage...why its there on the same drive I have no idea... so I select the second option and whalla! Windows updates start running.
    After the updates finish installing I scream victory!!! yes...I power down my laptop and on my break I come home to check on my updated pc and well the same error pops up the screen again.... I thought this was fixed? So I head to the boot manager and select to the 2nd option again and there my windows is running perfectly fine... so like the smart man I claim to be I create a recovery media in windows and try to do some investigating to see that . It gives me the option to boot from window 10 or windows 10 home...what gives? I fear that these constant restarts will shorten the life of my ssd ..what do I do?
    Why did it do this? How can I fix it?

:)

2. MJLONGLEY Win User

Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2019
  4. alexsubri Win User

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

1. BSOD Sort of after 1903 update.. - Similar Threads - BSOD Sort 1903

2. Random BSOD after updating to 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD after updating to 1903: I have an acer swift 3 sf315-51g-55gb and i recently upgraded it to windows 10 1903 since then i am having random bsod with tags such as video dxgkrnl error or driver power state failure.I had none of these problems in 1803 version. i am adding the dmp file link below...
  3. BSOD after updating Windows 10 to Version 1903

BSOD after updating Windows 10 to Version 1903: I've been a BSOD problem with stop code KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION on my Acer laptop with Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 1903 installed on it. I ran DISM and SFC, and updated all of my drivers using Driver Easy, and yet I'm still having this problem. OneDrive link...
  4. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903

BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA after windos update 1903: Hello support team, After recently updating to windows 1903 my computes every few hours goes to the BSOD. The screen shows the following message: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA What failed: Netwtw06.sys...
  5. BSOD after 1903 update

BSOD after 1903 update: Hi, I've updated my PC to 1903 Update 2 days back and i am getting BSOD after using my pc for a while it restarts itself again. This is happening every time i use my PC . I've looked for this problem on Microsoft's website and after some digging i found an article for the...
  6. Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903: Hey there. I've updated my Windows 10 from version 1803 to version 1903 and all of a sudden hell broke loose. I have various issues, 2 of them are most important: PC crash and BSOD while playing For some games I face PC crashes which sometimes is followed by a BSOD...
  7. BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot

BSOD after update to 1903 at reboot: After updating to 1903 now every time i reboot i get the BSOD was not a problem before. Can someone in microsoft please help us fix your mess up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-at-reboot/4610dcb5-3f54-4f21-9058-5bbfec6c5a1a
  8. Windows 10 bsod after hibernate after updating to windows 1903

Windows 10 bsod after hibernate after updating to windows 1903: Every time the bsod happens I see iqrl not less or equal. I will have the dump files attached. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AloCmOkBj0RknxbZ0329XtaC--FL?e=7IPHrg...
  9. BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51

BSOD after update to 1903 on Lenovo P51: I have experienced BSODs twice after the update. Both times soon after startup and login. Where can I upload a DMP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-after-update-to-1903-on-lenovo-p51/ab941fc2-6658-479d-b719-bf89b4884f70
  10. BSOD and Freezes after 1903

BSOD and Freezes after 1903: Hello, Since the latest Windows update my laptop keeps freezing while working in Photoshop. Everything seems to be up to date and at this point I don’t know what to do. In the event logs I have Event ID 41 warnings and the BSOD states driver power state failure. Here is my...