Windows 10: BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

Discus and support BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AllottedPython, Aug 21, 2016.

1. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

I had a crash earlier where the screen turned black and my computer reset, but there was no BSOD so I dont have the report on that. The computer also blue screened while rebooting from the black screen crash, then later it blue screened again while I was playing World of Warcraft.

:)

AllottedPython, Aug 21, 2016

2. System_Service_Exception BSOD with code 0x3B

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

These crashes were related to memory corruption (Probably caused by a driver).

I would suggest you to
    run these tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

1. Since it is more likely to be a driver issue please run verifier first.

You can refer to the Wi-Ki article for diver verifier.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver.

2. If verifier does not find the issue we can move on to the memory test.

You can refer to the Wi-Ki article for Memtest.

Memory problems.

Please also have a look at this
    thread
    and check if it helps.

Hope this information is helpful, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rohit Chettri, Aug 21, 2016
  3. System_Service_Exception BSOD with code 0x3B

Hello, all,

I experienced an error with System Service Exception coded 0x3B. Upon investigation this appears to be related to a Firewire driver. I looked within my bios and could not find a Firewire peripheral to be enabled or disabled. Would appreciate some guidance
    over what to do next. Thank you.

080815-7187-01.dmp 8/8/2015 10:14:24 PM SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b 00000000`c0000005 fffff803`b625abc4 ffffd000`20979b80 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+14d220 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+14d220 C:\Windows\Minidump\080815-7187-01.dmp 8 15 10240 346,680 8/8/2015
    10:15:08 PM

ConnorMiles, Aug 21, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

Hi AllottedPython,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

According to the event logs, you have had multiple BSODs in the past few months. Quite a few different onces, for this reason I would like to start with a memory diagnostics test.

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

If you are using a program like Ccleaner please stop using it while troubleshooting.
    This because programs like Ccleaner remove dump files that are needed to troubleshoot.
    Or configure Ccleaner to not remove dump files:

5. Okay, I will run memtest tonight and take a picture of it tomorrow.

AllottedPython, Aug 23, 2016
  6. AllottedPython, Aug 23, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    16GB with 8 passes takes about a day to 2 days, 13h and 5 passes looks normal.

8. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

It showed that there were no errors, should I still test each stick? or is there something else that could possibly be wrong?

9. axe0 New Member
    5 passes is inconclusive.
    The test can show zero errors until a few seconds after pass 9 for example.

10. Crude, I guess ill start it again now and let it sit until then.

11. AllottedPython, Aug 25, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

13. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

I'm running it now, just prior to starting it I got a page fault in non paged area BSOD though. And I got a verifier BSOD on startup after enabling it.

AllottedPython, Aug 26, 2016
  14. First Blue screen with the verifier on, I attached the dumps.

AllottedPython, Aug 26, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    An old Nvidia driver is flagged, possibly related to your GPU as I don't see anything else related to Nvidia.
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver, you can use this tutorial for the installation part *Arrow NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Attachment 98402
    Code: 1: kd> lmvm nvoclk64 Browse full module list start end module name fffff800`c6400000 fffff800`c6410000 nvoclk64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvoclk64.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvoclk64.sys Image name: nvoclk64.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Tue Sep 15 23:59:25 2009 (4AB00E3D) CheckSum: 0000D2EB ImageSize: 00010000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

Thema:

BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

1. BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b - Similar Threads - BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3b

2. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B // hardware.sys BSOD while gaming: Hi! Recently I am getting BSOD's while playing some games which I know my pc should be able to run, and can run because a while back there was no problems like this BSOD.The minidump file I uploaded is a BSOD while playing Grand Theft Auto V, but I have issues with other...
  3. BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD and System Reboot - Bug Check 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi guys, I need some assistance with a problem I've encountered. Recently I had two BSODs with system's reboot afterwards. First time a few weeks ago I didn't take it too serious, but having a second one today I need to fix what's causing the issue. I isolated the error...
  4. Computer BSOD 0x3b

Computer BSOD 0x3b: For a couple of weeks now, my computer has been bluescreening, sometimes while I am using it, sometimes I will wake up in the morning and it will have happened overnight, and sometimes, the only instance where I have noticed a pattern, is it will bluescreen immediately after...
  5. Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B

Frequent crashes from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x3B: Continue to get bsod's from SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and I can't narrow it down to anything specific. The crashes happen randomly and never when using the same program. Steps I've done to try and solve the problem: DDU - clean installation of Nvidia drivers Removed all...
  6. BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD 0x3B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Good morning. I cant believe it. I just changed the motherboard. Install everything from scratch. I start the computer and just enter windows that blue screen ... I leave the file. DESKTOP-2TUQ8DD-(2020-01-18_13-20-28).zip Win 10 Pro 1909 I infinitely appreciate the help...
  7. BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception)

BSOD at random occasions (ntoskrln.exe 0x3B System_Service_Exception): First of all, I tried using dm_log_collector, but it just crashed my pc again.So I have my mini dumps folder right here : MINIDUMPS The SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION bsod is literally hunting me. It happens at random times during the day, making it impossible for me to figure...
  8. BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b)

BSOD System_Service_Exception (3b): Been getting this particular BSOD on a near constant basis when running high'ish memory dependent games. After a fair amount of trying to fix it up with sfc, driver verifier and removing near anything I can think of that caused the bug, based on similar stories I finally...
  9. Bsod system_service_exception

Bsod system_service_exception: Hello there, I have just installed Windows 10 and this is happening very often: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION After googling about this I came to this forum. I followed this instructions ( but I don't know where to look for help. This is the link for my dump files...
  10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x3b) caused by ntoskrnl.exe

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x3b) caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I'm running Windows 10 in a virtual machine that I use for gaming. Whenever I try to launch some games I get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. The issue happens before the game even loads and I have never gotten to their menus. This seems to be isolated to Avalanche engine games,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x38