Windows 10: BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Discus and support BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1) Open the Asus website 2) Enter your computer's serial or product number and the operating system 3) View the drivers available for your computer's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Peopleface, May 16, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

1) Open the Asus website
    2) Enter your computer's serial or product number and the operating system
    3) View the drivers available for your computer's configuration and operating system
    4) Download and install: atikmdag.sys or the ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver
    5) please post the results of the chkdsk /x /f from post #23
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

Code: ffff8080`4dfe2ca0 fffff80f`971c9540Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0316027.inf_amd64_addf9159198890e3\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x299540[/quote] Code: Event[47]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-06-14T23:32:46.860 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-BB4CO3M Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: amdkmdagService File Name: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sysService Type: kernel mode driverService Start Type: demand startService Account:[/quote] Code: Event[2802]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-07-04T00:28:49.673 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-BB4CO3M Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: amdkmdagService File Name: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sysService Type: kernel mode driverService Start Type: demand startService Account:[/quote] Code: Event[3252]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-07-04T00:52:48.632 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-BB4CO3M Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: amdkmdagService File Name: \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c0313745.inf_amd64_133311ca362c9cc6\atikmdag.sys[/quote]

zbook, Jul 18, 2017

2. I dunno what it is about all this, but I can't seem to get anywhere with this shit and it's so frustrating.

I go to Asus site and enter the model of my motherboard, and it doesn't find any results, wtf?
    Attachment 144564

Then I googled ATI Radeon Kernel Mode Driver and got some links to some nearly ten-year-old forums referring to it, but nothing like a direct download.

Plus when I run chkdsk, it gets to 100% and hangs up there every time, and it never creates the log.

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    The chkdsk often times remains in the low teens and then over a long period of time completes.
    It is unclear sometimes whether it will or will not complete.
    If you can allow it to run overnight it may complete. It it does not then you can reboot after waiting the 8 hours.
    But do your best to give it time to complete.
    As a backup option you can use: AMD Support and Radeon Software Driver Download

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  4. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Which should I choose? The currently installed driver? Or the "Local" one? Whatever that means.
    Attachment 144567

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    Choose the currently installed driver.
    If there are any bsod related to this drive we can look at that option.

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  6. So now after installing the Radeon software again it now says "No Audio Output Device Is Installed"
    Attachment 144569

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    Where in the thread was a problem with the audio mentioned?
    When was audio a problem?
    What troubleshooting steps had you made?

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  8. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Dude this just happened after re-installing the Radeon Software that you linked me to.

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    OK was puzzled by the "again"

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  10. It's obvious that that was not the correct installer for my system. I am reinstalling a driver that is meant for the graphics card that I have.

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    Had the "currently installed driver" been functioning properly at some time? or was it always malfunctioning?

zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  12. I don't know man, this ****ing computer seems to have so many issues and I'm just sick of it. It used to BSOD like 10 times a week. It has seemed to get better, but I swear each one is a new one that I would typically never see before. This all started because I would get frequent BSOD with the code listed in the title of this thread.

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  13. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

Okay, so I installed the software again that is supposed to be meant for the graphics card that I have. And I now have audio.

However, I'm not sure what this means, but for the past few times that I have reinstalled, or received an update for this Radeon Software, I get to the point where it asks to restart and when I select to restart, the software crashes and I get the msg below.

On the last attempt prior to this where the wrong software was installed, and the audio didn't work. The software didn't crash and Windows automatically restarted afterward.

But every time without fail using the software I installed or when I get an update it does what is shown in the image below. And won't automatically restart after selecting restart on that particular window.
    Attachment 144570

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    zbook, Jul 18, 2017
  15. Here is updated zip file.

After 8 hours the check disk was once again hung up at 100%, I had to manually restart.

Peopleface, Jul 18, 2017
Thema:

BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

1. BSOD When Browsing On Chrome "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" - Similar Threads - BSOD Browsing Chrome

2. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  3. Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got the BSoD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while browsing webs: Just browsing web and listening to music, then BSOD.It happens randomly, maybe hours a time or days a time.I reinstalled a fresh new Windows 11, but the problem is not solved.Here is the minidump file.https://ufile.io/u5abwy3v...
  4. BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD When Idle IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello I Have Problem When My Computer be idle happen Bsod I do a lots of solutions without solve problem I have Mindump Files : https://uptobox.com/bzggp9ljdxxx Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 @ 3.70GHz 29 °C Coffee Lake 14nm...
  5. BSOD during web browsing in Chrome

BSOD during web browsing in Chrome: I just upgraded my platform (config below) about week ago, all listed components were new. After a couple of days I started to receive BSOD's (dump files attached). Till now I encountered them only during watching an online stream on twitch or a youtube video and web...
  6. BSOD during Chrome browsing

BSOD during Chrome browsing: I have received multiple BSOD with various codes, always during browsing on Chrome Most commonly "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" but also KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR what failed: dxgmm2.sys I downloaded the tool from advice on another thread but started a new one since my errors...
  7. [BSOD] irql_not_less_or_equal while browsing

[BSOD] irql_not_less_or_equal while browsing: Hi this happend today, this is a fresh install (less than a week) i had this bsod today and yesterday i had a problem twice wich was the process system interrupts was using about 10/15% CPU and made everything stutter, this stopped both times after a soft reboot. 86050
  8. BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

BSOD When Gaming: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I'm having this problem primarily when I play GTA 5 in which I get an occassional BSOD with the same message every time - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. Help as to what the cause is and how to prevent this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance -Alfredo (The necessary...
  9. BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox

BSOD while browsing Chrome and Firefox: Hello, Im facing BSOD many times while browsing internet using chrome, even i tried firefox both having same problem. My screen get artifacts block block all screen and freeze after 5 seconds. Gaming on computer more then hours no issue at all. im attaching some dump...
  10. BSOD while browsing on Chrome

BSOD while browsing on Chrome: Hello everyone. I have been having issues with a Ryzen new build. First, I installed the OS and looked for updates, and had a couple of BSOD when installing GPU's drivers, so I updated to last mobo's BIOS, but it keep happening. Then checked everything was set up in place and...