Windows 10: BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update)

Discus and support BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently trying to update my new HP spectre. However I constantly get this error during any update : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FigLt, Jul 24, 2017.

1. FigLt Win User

BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update)

Hello,

I'm currently trying to update my new HP spectre.
    However I constantly get this error during any update : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys).

I had another problem back then, which was caused by my graphic card. I used DDU to uninstall everything, so I'm not running any graphic driver at this point (though you will find mini dump refering to the 0x133 Watchdog error, because I tried updating with and without graphic driver).

I need help with the 072517-47203-01 mini dump. That's the typical error I get during any update.
    Please note that my computer runs fine when disabling updates and removing my geforce driver.

For instance, the creator update failed at 92%, without the geforce driver.

Here my specs & stuff : http://speccy.piriform.com/results/IB3vwAk2s5YhifKgiSrVxPJ

:)

FigLt, Jul 24, 2017

2. Constant BSOD after forced Windows 10 Creator Update

I am getting constant BSOD after the forced Windows 10 Creator Update. The BSOD occurs within minutes of restarting. I have used the Driver Verifier which showed a driver error during Windows startup. It says "DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION", but
    does not include a .sys file reference, or any other reference.

Link to the .dmp file on OneDrive: 071117-2875-01.dmp

Jay A. Pedersen, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Creators update failure iastora.sys

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with the free update. I have Windows installed on a SSD drive. I'm trying to install the Creators update and have run into a problem.

When restarting to finish the update I get a BSOD with an error code 0XC0000007b and it references the
    iastora.sys file.

Any suggestions? Questions?

WilliamSeyler, Jul 24, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

H FigLt,

The 0x50 is also about the Nvidia drivers.

5. zbook New Member
    zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when doing any windows update (including creator's update) - Similar Threads - BSOD doing update

2. Windows creator update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows creator update: Hello, I have been having really big issues (fps drops and freezing) since the windows fall creators update. It has been more than a year and there is no fix for that yet. I would like to ask, if Microsoft does care about their costumers, because I am more than very sure,...
  3. Creator's Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creator's Update: What is Creator's Update? And How can I get that? Are Insider Program and Creator's Update Same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/creators-update/1d440c83-6041-478b-9874-b651a8224bd1
  4. Strange BSOD after the Creators Update

Strange BSOD after the Creators Update: Hello friends! Well, let's get to the point immediately. The first thing that happened after the update was the appearance of a strange BSOD with the error PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and related to the file ntoskrnl.exe. This error always followed the same pattern: it...
  5. Creators Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creators Update: I don't particularly want to do a manual download but am I the only one that hasn't received the Creator's Update yet? I also read somewhere that certain applications running on a computer might stop the update from downloading. 89939
  6. Many BSOD since Creator update?

Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  7. BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations

BSOD after creators update: no_more_irp_stack_locations: I've never seen this bsod before wondering if anyone has any insight? Thanks!CHRIS-PC-Sat_10_28_2017__02243_72.zip 96630
  8. Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Any Windows 10 Creators Update users out there?: I think there may be a serious bug with it and if anyone else can confirm it, that would be great. My monitor has multiple refresh rates 60,100,120,144hz. Sometimes I use a custom refresh rate of 80hz for certain games that I set in Nvidia Control Panel. However, none of my...
  9. When is Creators Update safe?

in Windows 10 Support
    When is Creators Update safe?: I have four Windows computers, and generally use only three. The forth was an older Vista machine that was given to me, and I took it with the intention of loading it with Linux Mint. However, when I get it hooked up and powered on, I found someone had replaced Vista with...
  10. ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO for creator's upgrade including cumulative updates: Is there any link to get an ISO that bundles the Cumulative updates with it? MSDN article seems to indicate it is available to those with MSDN subscriptions. 88922