Windows 10: BSOD when playing games like csgo and lol- "Machine_Check_Exception"

Discus and support BSOD when playing games like csgo and lol- "Machine_Check_Exception" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Usually 2 BSOD crashes every time I play cs, sometimes 3, rarely 0. Only application running other than the game is discord. When BSOD happens, my game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yatesy, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Yatesy Win User

BSOD when playing games like csgo and lol- "Machine_Check_Exception"

Usually 2 BSOD crashes every time I play cs, sometimes 3, rarely 0. Only application running other than the game is discord. When BSOD happens, my game flickers and the audio stutters for about 20 seconds until the blue screen appears. (Using laptop).

The DM log collector is attached, thanks.

:)

Yatesy, Mar 30, 2017
  2. apank Win User

Whea_uncorrectable_error only when playing games

I've been experiencing the Whea_Uncorrectable_error BSOD when playing games like CSGO or planetside 2, but not League of legends. It happened frequently when playing the mentioned games on 8.1, then when I upgraded to Win 10 it still occurred.

apank, Mar 30, 2017
  3. BSOD when trying to play/update/uninstall/verify/scan CSGO.

Ok MAJOR update. I got CSGO working!!! lol. I ran that program you told me to download again, it said it was already installed so would I like to update or uninstall. I clicked uninstalled. Loaded CSGO and played a game. YAY.

HUNTER II7, Mar 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

These errors tend to suggest a hardware related problem. The first thing to check is that you are not overclocking your system (make sure BIOS is using the default settings) and not overheating your system (check all fans are working and heatsinks are dust free).

Then continue by checking your RAM for any errors.

BSOD when playing games like csgo and lol- "Machine_Check_Exception" [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Seems to be an CPU failure:

Code: 0x0000009C: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION (26.03.2017 23:24:07) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: intelppm.sys [16.07.2016] * Intel Processor driver * => Drivers & Software also at hal.dll (Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL. NO Driver) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Hardware error (similar to STOP 0x124)[/quote]
    There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Download Speccy | Find your computer specs, free!

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting -http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixthe.../clearcmos.htm

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *9C or *124 bugchecks are OS to BIOS utilities from manufacturer's like Asus' AI Suite, AI Charger software, etc. If you have something like this software-wise, remove it ASAP (which I see you do have Asus software installed).

5. If all of the above fail, the only left to do is replace your processor as it is faulty.

Diagnostic Test
    CPU TEST

Run Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

For checking temperatures u can use SpeedFan:

SpeedFan
    SpeedFan automatically searches your computer for informative chips: the hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can display voltages, fan speeds and temperatures.

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD when playing games like csgo and lol- "Machine_Check_Exception" - Similar Threads - BSOD playing games

2. BSOD when I play csgo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I play csgo: Recently I got a Win 10 update:2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 KB50296492023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029244Then I started to get a BSOD every 15-20 minutes...
  3. BSOD when I play csgo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when I play csgo: Recently I got a Win 10 update:2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.8, and 4.8.1 for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 KB50296492023-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5029244Then I started to get a BSOD every 15-20 minutes...
  4. BSOD when I play csgo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD when I play csgo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when I play csgo: So, recently I started playing csgo, but I get a BSOD every 15-20 minutes of playing. I had three diffrent errors, first I got "Page fault in nonpaged area" errorcode I ran windows ram diagnostic, aswell as checking if I have corrupted files on my disk, that fixed the...
  6. BSOD when I play csgo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when I play csgo: So, recently I started playing csgo, but I get a BSOD every 15-20 minutes of playing. I had three diffrent errors, first I got "Page fault in nonpaged area" errorcode I ran windows ram diagnostic, aswell as checking if I have corrupted files on my disk, that fixed the...
  7. BSOD when I play csgo

8. BSOD when browsing the internet and playing games such as CSGO

BSOD when browsing the internet and playing games such as CSGO: Hi guys, I've been getting random BSODs since two weeks ago. At first, I thought it was my hard drive that was faulty, however, I bought a new one recently and it's still happening. I still get about 5-10 BSODs a day when I'm browsing the internet and playing games. I have...
  9. BSOD when playing games like csgo or destiny 2

BSOD when playing games like csgo or destiny 2: Hey guys, So like the title says, I only get a BSOD when i'm gaming. Already ran all the scans and repairs possible. Now i resinstalled windows pro 10 and still the same. I'm pretty stuck with what to do. Could use some help, Thanks in advance. Dylan .zip 101907
  10. BSOD when playing CSGO - Machine Check Exception

BSOD when playing CSGO - Machine Check Exception: Hello TenForums, There recently was an update for CS:GO, not everytime I get into a game my computer freezes and blue screens with the error message "Machine Check Exception". Please can someone help me out? Many thanks. 72041