Windows 10: BSOD while turning on computer, multiple minidumps accumulated

Discus and support BSOD while turning on computer, multiple minidumps accumulated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, First, thanks for all the help in advance. So I've gotten two BSODs in the last month since I've built this computer (most recently today;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by duketerm, Jan 19, 2016.

1. duketerm Win User

BSOD while turning on computer, multiple minidumps accumulated

Dear all,

First, thanks for all the help in advance. So I've gotten two BSODs in the last month since I've built this computer (most recently today; last one about 3 weeks ago). But when I went to use bluescreenviewer, there's been over 10 minidumps in the last month. So I've uploaded my stuff here hoping someone can take a look.

As a note, the BSOD seems to come on as soon as I turn on the computer, right after the blue windows logo comes up (I'm on Windows 10). I haven't gotten a BSOD while I've been using my computer or doing anything else.

Thanks so much again!

- Kent

:)

duketerm, Jan 19, 2016

2. BSOD Multiple Errors - files inclued

Multiple BSOD errors that have rebooted computer. Several times a day.

minidump, MSInfo, and Memory.dmp files are inside the .zip file located at dropbox:

Dropbox - BSOD.zip

DavidJErnst, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Lars878 Win User
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (dxgmms2.sys)

Here are multiple MiniDumps that I've collected while trying to make my computer crash:

MiniDumps 29-9-2016.zip

Lars878, Jan 19, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD while turning on computer, multiple minidumps accumulated [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

5. duketerm Win User
    Thanks for the reply axe0. I just got back from a trip, so sorry for the delay in posting the memtest results. I've attached the screenshot of my memtest results--seems like no errors after 10 passes.

I've also attached my most recent minidump of BSODs. Two happened recently--the most recent one on 1/29 was actually after I had updated my Nvidia drivers (which seemed to have been the cause of the BSOD on 1/28)?

Appreciate all the help, looking forward to your advice!

Edit: yet another fail on bootup--no BSOD, but computer had to reboot automatically. updated the newest log collector file. thanks!

duketerm, Jan 29, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Ok, I would like to try driver verifier áfter the outdated drivers have been removed/updated.
    Please update following drivers
    Driver Reference Table - lvbflt64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - lvrs64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - lvuvc64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - ISCTD64.sys
    Driver Reference Table - iaStorA.sys
    Code: lvbflt64 Tue Oct 23 04:10:38 2012 (5085fc9e) lvbflt64.sys lvrs64 Tue Oct 23 04:11:24 2012 (5085fccc) lvrs64.sys lvuvc64 Tue Oct 23 04:12:08 2012 (5085fcf8) lvuvc64.sys ISCTD64 Tue Nov 27 20:52:34 2012 (50b51a02) ISCTD64.sys iaStorA Fri Aug 02 03:39:52 2013 (51fb0de8) iaStorA.sys[/quote]

axe0, Feb 1, 2016
  7. duketerm Win User
    [/quote] Thanks axe0,

I've updated the above drivers. I'm running the driver verifier as per (Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums), however, should I be checking multiple drivers (eg. I've only checked the "non-Microsoft" ones as described in the tutorial)?

Thanks a bunch!

duketerm, Feb 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

I hope you didn't forget to backup and create restore points *Smile
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  9. duketerm Win User
    Hey axe0,

So I've run the driver verifier for the last ~45 hours or so. Did not get a BSOD. I've attached the settings in the JPG attached to this reply. One driver never got loaded? Not sure what that means? I'll turn off driver verifier for now.

The thing I want to let you know is that: after you posted for me to update my drivers, I went to my motherboard's website to get the Intel RST and the Smartconnect drivers updated. I updated them, and then I subsequently got two BSODs within 3 hours. I uploaded the most recent crash dumps as well in this reply. I then went online to find the most recent Intel drivers and I then started the driver verifier and I guess it hasn't crashed since? I'll have to see what happens when I reboot, but if you have some spare time and can take a view at the two most recent crashes on 2/7 and if those crashes are anything notable, let me know.

Thanks so much!

duketerm, Feb 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    dump_*.sys drivers are created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation, nothing to worry about *Smile

You might want to revert back the display drivers to an early version until there is a newer version available, this one is known for being a little problematic.
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time. Arguments: Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg2: ffffe00141dce060, Physical Device Object of the stack Arg3: ffffd000e0fb9990, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack Arg4: ffffe0014107a010, The blocked IRP 2: kd> !irp ffffe0014107a010 Irp is active with 4 stacks 3 is current (= 0xffffe0014107a170) No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace. Pending has been returned cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 [ 16, 0] 0 0 ffffe00141dce060 00000000 fffff8014369d4f0-ffffd000e29718e0 \Driver\pci dxgkrnl!DpiFdoPowerCompletionRoutine Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000002 >[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe00141320040 00000000 fffff803a0383d88-ffffe00147a31670 Success Error Cancel pending Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys \Driver\nvlddmkm nt!PopRequestCompletion Args: 00041100 00000001 00000001 00000002 [ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-ffffe00147a31670 Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`45a80000 fffff801`466a4000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Jan 23 01:25:59 2016 (56A2C897) CheckSum: 00BE5F37 ImageSize: 00C24000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

11. duketerm Win User
    Thanks for the reply again. I've googled NVidia drivers and it appears that they have problems with Windows 10 in almost all versions? Is there a version that you think is more stable?

I've gotten two more BSODs--all during bootup of computer again. Attached are the minidumps--any thoughts?

Much appreciated again!

duketerm, Feb 12, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Unfortunately I can't say, I have only a laptop with nothing from Nvidia.
    I also don't get feedback from others who I suggested to to use earlier drivers.

Both crashes show drivers from the Windows File System in the stack, this might mean not much but it is better to test than ignore.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

13. duketerm Win User

Dear axe0,

So I've recently gotten two more BSODs--the last one being "FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE_ERROR." After this error, it checked my SSD but no errors were found. I had a good span of about ~6 days without BSODs, but then they started appearing again. I've attached the minidumps.

As per your instructions, I've run the chkdsk (no errors found) and HDTune (with attached screenshots). I didn't run the SeaTools as I have a SSD.

As usual, thanks so much for your help and hopefully you can shed some more insight to all of this.

duketerm, Feb 20, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    I have noted around 11 different bugchecks, most of them are memory related (memory, vram, hard drive, page file, etc)

Please check Samsung for firmware updates for your SSD.

This one is a bit old, but still might be worth it.
    Please be sure fast startup is disabled
    Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Code: Event[4293]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot Date: 2016-02-13T09:37:22.641 Event ID: 29 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-0MIJO7K Description: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001.[/quote]

15. duketerm Win User
    [/quote] Hey axe0,
    I just want to follow-up and say that since your last suggestions (firmware + turning off fast startup), I've had zero BSODs since 2/21. I think that looping back and letting you know is both helpful. So, thanks for you all your help!

duketerm, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. BSOD while turning on computer, multiple minidumps accumulated - Similar Threads - BSOD while turning

2. Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps: Hello! I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I have a new computer running Windows 11 that's rebooted with a BSOD several times in the last 48 hours. I've uploaded the minidumps here:...
  3. Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODS - Help Analyzing Minidumps: Hello! I was wondering if someone might be able to assist me. I have a new computer running Windows 11 that's rebooted with a BSOD several times in the last 48 hours. I've uploaded the minidumps here:...
  4. Been having multiple BSOD with minidump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Been having multiple BSOD with minidump: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  5. Been having multiple BSOD with minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having multiple BSOD with minidump: 6: kd> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Bugcheck Analysis ** ********************************************************************************MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a # Any other values for parameter 1 must be...
  6. Multiple BSOD errorsI have the minidumps available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD errorsI have the minidumps available: I am getting BSOD errors while gaming. I have tried everything I know short of a windows reinstall. SFC Scannow, driver checks etc. I built the PC about 3 months ago. Windows version check says version 20h2 Build 19042.746. If any other info is needed please hit me up....
  7. Multiple BSOD Minidump

Multiple BSOD Minidump: I have had several BSOD the last couple of days and each seem to be a new category. I am having a hard time tracing the issues myself. Could someone analyze these dump files and help me resolve my issues....
  8. Multiple BSODs while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs while gaming: Hi guys I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege on an Alienware m15 i7-8750H, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB, 144Hz [laptop], and I've had this problem since I got this laptop. Also, this following issue is present across all games, not just Siege; while playing, the screen will freeze and...
  9. BSOD-multiple crashed-minidumps link attached

BSOD-multiple crashed-minidumps link attached: Minidumps link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ar-gGKg_BKpEiV2F51N-xhtbSkbQ?e=kSJDcX -New build PC with AMD Ryden 2400g, ASRock B450B mobo -Repeated crashing/BSOD with numerous different error codes -Have already updated to most recent version of Windows 10. BIOS is up to date as...
  10. Multiple BSOD while gaming

Multiple BSOD while gaming: I have a 2 month old PC that I built myself and have been having problems with recently. I usually get a BSOD when gaming and this can be anywhere from 10 minutes into the game or 1 hour into the game. My last two instances the screen actually turned totally red and...