Windows 10: BSOD while using Steam VR

Discus and support BSOD while using Steam VR in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! I own a HTC Vive for a few days now and everytime I use it, playing Steam VR, i get an BSOD (System_Service_Exception) after approximately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hagbard, May 10, 2016.

1. Hagbard Win User

BSOD while using Steam VR

Hi there!

I own a HTC Vive for a few days now and everytime I use it, playing Steam VR, i get an BSOD (System_Service_Exception) after approximately one hour. I already cleaned the registry using CCleaner, ran sfc /scannow as admin, mad ea clean install of the newest version of my graphics card driver and upgraded my BIOS to the newest version, but still the same issue.

WhoCrashed tells me the following:

On Wed 11.05.2016 17:08:17 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051116-10421-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: Unknown ()
    Bugcheck code: 0x0 (0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
    Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error.
    Google query: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Wed 11.05.2016 17:07:27 GMT your computer crashed
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80028C4DFE2, 0xFFFFD000A6D7EDB0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

My System:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 10586
    Windows dir: C:\Windows
    Hardware: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., M5A97 LE R2.0
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor AMD586, level: 21
    8 logical processors, active mask: 255
    RAM: 8484155392 bytes total

My graphics card is a AMD Radeon R9 390 from XFX

I don't know what to do anymore :-\

:)

Hagbard, May 10, 2016

2. MixedReality headset not working without screen ?

Hi,

I also use a Vr One with windows mixed reality

And in order To be full wireless i use the wireless Microsoft adapter

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter | Microsoft Accessories

But the connection must be done first by teamviewer with your smartphone or tablet . (To connect vr one with the wireless adapter ) and then just close teamviewer and evrything Will be smooth and completly wireless .

Vr One with windows MR is the Best solution ever ..

NB: I still don't understand why a monitor is absolutely necessary with windows MR. While Steam Vr and oculus don't need it.

It must be an option.

Jpb.

Jean-PaulBERDAA, May 10, 2016
  3. Gaming

I purchased this awesome computer,

Can anyone recommend where to get games?

steam is cool, but I feel like there has to be more, this is such a powerful computer there must be more games then just what steam offers?

I am 47 would love to have strategy games, war strategy, my kids are 6 and 8, I would like cool graphics for them.

also this computer is capable of VR, so where can I get those games?

I hear that with VR your able to see concerts, like watch Guns and Roses in VR. or maybe see Dinosaurs, go to a zoo,

where do I get those VR videos? not on steam

I need to purchase VR equipment althought.

If you could point me in the right direction for cool things to play on this computer that would be great thanks.

Michael7Oreo, May 10, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Seeing the minidump is corrupted we'll need to try driver verifier

BSOD while using Steam VR [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

Thema:

1. BSOD while using Steam VR - Similar Threads - BSOD while using

2. Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluescreen crashes while playing VR, DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: I have been getting crashes specifically while playing VR and during more demanding moments specifically, Alyx, often but not exclusively when loading levels and sometimes in other situations. It's a hard problem to reproduce because it usually happens during an extended play...
  3. Steam VR Keeps crashing..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Steam VR Keeps crashing..: Steam VR and Onwards keep crashing.. 1660Ti GPU 16MB RAM This is the common error as the previous crash Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x8e064b77 Faulting module name: HologramWorld.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1316, time...
  4. vr headset game play through steam app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vr headset game play through steam app: i cannot get games on steam to play through the headset. my computer and hardware comply and as well as my version of windows. vr games play fine from any other origin but steam. steam will only show on the display screen for my computer. followed microsoft steps and...
  5. BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR

BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR: First, thanks to any who read this and attempt to help. Second, apologies if I didn't follow the instructions correctly, but I read the stickied thread and believe I did. Now to my issue. I get the same BSOD error fairly consistently and only when using my HTC Vive with the...
  6. Steam VR Freeze??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Steam VR Freeze??: I am using Pimax 8K Plus in the game IL-2 Sturmoviik and after a while, sometimes immediately, the VR graphics freeze but the game carries on. In the file: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\bin\cef\cef.win7x64\debug.log dated today and around the time it crashed. I get the...
  7. BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR

BSOD Only When Using HTC Vive w/ Wireless Adapter and Steam VR: Hi: First, thanks to any who read this and attempt to help. Second, apologies if I didn't follow the instructions correctly, but I read the stickied thread and believe I did. Now to my issue. I get the same BSOD error fairly consistently and only when using my HTC Vive with...
  8. Extended displays preventing use of VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended displays preventing use of VR: My VR was detected as a display before I disabled it, however, in order to run any VR game or VR Mode within any games settings, my VR needs to be in Direct Display Mode not Extended Display Mode which it is currently locked to with no way to change it. Windows 10 Pro x64...
  9. BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam

BSOD While Installing/Updating Games in Steam: Recently I've gotten BSOD while installing or updating games in steam. I have noticed that the preallocation takes much longer than usual if it will BSOD during the install. DESKTOP-O670QKJ-Tue_10_16_2018__21232_14.zip 119929
  10. Gettng BSOD while watching YouTube or downloading on Steam

Gettng BSOD while watching YouTube or downloading on Steam: I seem to be getting BSODs while watching YouTube and/or downloading a game on Steam. I have been having them for a while and I decided to take action on the issue by downliadng Windows 10 SDK and using the debugger. While having a look I noticed that it had something to do...