Windows 10: BSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image

Discus and support BSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Just like to say first thanks for any help with this problem i am having and sorry about my english. I am getting random BSOD now and again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hally, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Hally Win User

BSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image

Hi

Just like to say first thanks for any help with this problem i am having and sorry about my english.

I am getting random BSOD now and again while on desktop or web but the funny thing is i definitely get one everytime i try to create a system image it gets half way and nearly to the end sometimes then BSOD.
    This only started when windows done the updates to the creators edition 1703 so i am thinking something to do with a driver.

I have run memtest for 12 hours on 8 passes no errors.
    I have also scand and chk hard drives all say fine.
    I never overclock my systems.
    Also done 2 clean windows 10 V1703 image installs same problem.

Kind regards

:)

Hally, Jun 4, 2017
  2. iiBenji Win User

Errors when creating backup (System Image) for directories that don't exist?

Hello,

I just had a routine system image backup to my external hard drive and it finished with three errors. All of the three errors are for locations (folders) that no longer exist, they have either been deleted or moved but they aren't there so why would it be
    giving me errors? Here are the error codes that I get for the three separate locations

(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))

ErrorBSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image :(STATUS_WAIT_3 (0x80070003))

Thanks!

iiBenji, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Errors when creating backup (System Image) for directories that don't exist?

Hi,

This issue might occur if you back up a library that contains custom folders that are located under your user profile. For possible resolution, we suggest that you check and follow the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Sayan_Ghosh in this thread.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jun 4, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Hally,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

BSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

axe0, Jun 4, 2017
  5. Hally Win User
    Hi thank you for the quick reply.

I ran verifier like you said soon as i login to windows and got to desktop about 10 seconds later it crashed.

i have upload the lates report.

regards

Hally, Jun 4, 2017
  6. Spectrum Win User
    Hally,

The latest crash dump is pointing towards a problem with a human interface device or device driver. I see that LGBusEnum.sys was the only 3rd party kernel module in the call stack, and that is the driver for Logitech Keyboards.

I'm not terribly confident that your keyboard is causing the problems when trying to make .vhdx files, but it wouldn't hurt to update the driver and/or use a different keyboard to rule it out. Regarding drivers, your 980 Ti has a driver update available.

Also, it would be a good idea to run memtest86+ overnight to exonerate your RAM.

Spectrum, Jun 4, 2017
  7. axe0 New Member
    Please keep driver verifier running.

axe0, Jun 4, 2017
  8. Hally Win User

Hi i uninstalled the logitech driver and ran driver verifier again this time the system did not crash after i logged into windows and still runing verifier as i type this message thanks for the help axe0 and spectrum much appreciated guys.

will let verifier run over night and post logs tomorrow just in case.

Take care

Hally, Jun 5, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.15063.137 AMD6 is continuing to malfunction with error GetContextState failed, 0x8007001E

There were three probably cause by dumps:

1) memory corruption

2) HIDCLASS.SYSHIDCLASS.SYSHid Class LibraryWindows Update3) vhdmp.sysvhdmp.sysVHD Miniport DriverWindows Update

Code: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\_??_USBSTOR#Disk&Ven_SanDisk&Prod_Extreme&Rev_0001#AA011024120029355045&0#{53f56307-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}.[/quote] Code: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk6\DR6 during a paging operation.[/quote] Awaiting more minidumps with windows driver verifier

zbook, Jun 5, 2017
  10. axe0 New Member
    @zbook, uninstall Windbg and install an earlier version.

11. Hally Win User
    Hi guys

Been running verifier over night which seemed fine since i removed the logitech driver but i tried to create a system image again and it bsod half way through.

i have posted the updated logs.

Thank you for the help.

Hally, Jun 5, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    axe0, Where is a link that has the older working version and the steps to roll it backward or uninstall and reinstall?

zbook, Jun 6, 2017
  13. axe0 New Member

Please reset driver verifier, if not yet done, and check the following settings on all non-microsoft drivers.
    Code: Special Pool Force IRQL checking Pool Tracking Deadlock Detection Security Checks (new as of Windows 7) Miscellaneous Checks Power framework delay fuzzing (new as of Windows 8) DDI compliance checking (new as of Windows 8)[/quote]

14. Hally Win User
    Thanks axe0

Just had a crash while steam was open and i was playing rockect league i wasn't runing verifier at this time as i just seen your post now.

Will now run verifier with your settings over night and post tomorrow with logs.

thanks again

Hally, Jun 7, 2017
  15. Hally Win User
    Hi Axe0

Done what you said with them settings on verifier ran over night updated logs below.

Thanks

Hally, Jun 7, 2017
Thema:

1. BSOD Windows 10 1703 When creating system image - Similar Threads - BSOD 1703 creating

2. create system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create system image: just updated to win 8.1 difficulty in find how to do a system image for future recovery. What am I missing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image/97d4d168-ad0f-4b73-9126-deada0a14ede
  3. Create system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create system image: I have heard roumors that the function "Create System Image" that is included in Windows 10 will be removed soon. Can anyone tell me when Microsoft intends to remove this function from Windows 10? Kind regards...
  4. Creating a system image

Creating a system image: Hi, I wanted to create a system image . I have some screen shots for the issue.Note that this has not been an issue before 2004 version. As you can see in the screen shots "Back up and Restore" includes D: in system but in the computer management it is not a...
  5. Creating a system image on Windows 10

Creating a system image on Windows 10: Hello I need to create a recovery usb with my laptop. I had done that before 2 years ago with the previous version of windows10 with only 16gb USB drive capacity and it was fine. Today, the wizard asks for a USB device that has the same capacity as my used hard drive...
  6. CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE

CREATE A SYSTEM IMAGE: Trying to create a system image for my Windows 10 desktop to a usb 3.0 flash drive formatted for NTFS as required. Receiving an error message "the drive is not a valid backup location". Can anyone help?...
  7. Create System Image Windows 10

Create System Image Windows 10: Attempting to create a system image creates a WindowImageBackup folder of size 0 bytes. What's wrong? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-system-image-windows-10/67daf179-6f99-4d62-9ec7-97019681474e
  8. Creating System Image in Windows 10

Creating System Image in Windows 10: Regarding backups in Windows 10 based on the RECENT responses from the Microsoft Community to me regarding my concern: Ways of doing System Image: Control panel to Backup and Restore (Windows 7) to Create a System Image. Or Search for File history and select Create a...
  9. Windows 10 Create System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 Create System Image: Windows 10 build 10586 x64. When I try to create a System Image I find that Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are both selected. How Do I just create a system Image for Windows 10 28873
  10. Create System Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create System Image in Windows 10: How to: Create System Image in Windows 10 How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 [img] Information A system image is an exact copy of all system disks which can be used to restore your PC to the state it was in at the time the image was made. By default, a system...