Windows 10: BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

Discus and support BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Back in June 2016 I sought help from this site for a similar problem. I have seen issues with release 1607, 1803 now 1903 I followed all the steps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JDS101, Oct 30, 2019.

1. JDS101 Win User

BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

Back in June 2016 I sought help from this site for a similar problem. I have seen issues with release 1607, 1803 now 1903
    I followed all the steps published on the Microsoft websites … ran the MS update troubleshooter, replacing SSU, deleting Anti-Virus, have sought to fix file corruption, and attempted an in-place upgrade using the Windows 10 Media creation tool.

At the "blue screen" prior to recovery, the error PAGEFAULT IN A NONPAGED AREA, error code 0x80240031 with the file NETR28UX.SYS being highlighted as the culprit. I estimate that this was some 95 to 99% through the upgrade.

Again in the past I sought help from the Microsoft Answer Techs and allowed them to remotely log in and check the PC, delete anti-virus etc, download the Media Tool with no success. I've repeated this process multiple times myself and with the assistance of different agents.

SOLUTION

Cutting a long and very painful story short … My solution - turn off wireless and connect with a 30 yard cable to the LAN. Success - I have upgraded to version 1903 ! No BSOD. Windows works perfectly.

PROBLEM

Shutdown the PC and re-boot with wireless connected and no LAN cable. The result is the BSOD and the good ol PAGE FAULT error. Switch back to LAN and it runs perfectly again. Can you hear me screaming ?

I have tried USB wireless devices from several manufacturers … nothing worked.

I’m not sure I can see a way forward. I can’t leave a cable running through the house with young children back and forth.

Is there any bright spark out there who can provide me a workable solution ?

The system is an i7 processor, 16GB RAM and plenty of Disk space

John

:)

JDS101, Oct 30, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 30, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Win 10 1809 to 1903 Failure And Odd Issue Found

No listing under MSConfig Boot tab / not sure what to do

Similar there.
    You are missing an EFI partition too. Here's mine (1903) - note the 99Mb EFI partition:

BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys [​IMG]

- noting the Recovery partition is NTFS - not sure where the idea in that thread about FAT32 comes from.

Here are all the partitions - Disk Management omits the 16Mb one:

BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys [​IMG]

In the thread I quoted- not the most straightforward- it seems one basic step taken was to
    a. Image 'C: '
    b. Clean install Windows
    c. Replace the new Windows partition by restoring it from the image created
    d. (Note when rebooting, this may sort itself out via automated repair, or need Startup repair to be run)

If you search for
    msconfig boot empty
    or
    msconfig boot empty "Windows 10"
    you will find numerous references which may help.

dalchina, Oct 30, 2019
  4. BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

Can't upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10

Jessen P -- Thanks for responding. I looked at the link you provided, but it just provides a small list of error codes and possible causes for the error. Didn't see any steps to take to resolve the issue. And none of the listed error codes are the
    same as the one I got 0x80070006-0x90016 when I tried to upgrade to win 10.

PhilSaxton, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys

1. BSOD with Win 10 upgrade 1903 and possible issues with Netr28ux.sys - Similar Threads - BSOD upgrade 1903

2. Upgrade Win 1903 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Win 1903 version: Hello,My windows is still 1903 version.Previously I wrote that I'm thinking to upgrade to 1909 version, downloaded the enablement package file, made some homework and hope to upgrade the system soon.(May I shorten the long name of the file to just "kb4517245-x64.cab")But...
  3. Issues with the Windows 10 upgrades (1903)

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues with the Windows 10 upgrades (1903): Recently I updated my laptop to the latest version. After the installation was completed i hit the button to restart. After restarting I faced a critical issue which was the password box isn't working. I went to youtube to find a solution for this but none of them fixed it....
  4. win 10 upgrade 1903

win 10 upgrade 1903: i have 1809 x64 win 10 version and windows update tells me that i can upgrade my version to 1903 when i press download and install it runs normally until the installation process when it stops at 82% and give this error Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 - Error...
  5. Windows 10, 1903 upgrade issues

Windows 10, 1903 upgrade issues: I have tried updating to 1903 from 1803 several times keeping my programs intact. Each time I do I run into the following problems: 1) When I right click the windows icon on the bottom left and bring up the menu with "Apps and Features" several items will not open, including...
  6. Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networking issues since upgrading to Win 10 1903. Public settings.: I had everything networking together and working great with Win 10 1809 prior to doing the upgrade. Now I'm experiencing some issues. All PC's have upgraded to 1903 and I don't see the other computer PC2 on my main computer which I'll call PC1. But on PC 2 I'll see PC1 under...
  7. Window 10 upgrade 1903 issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Window 10 upgrade 1903 issues: New HP laptop Window 10 purchased December 2018. Received all the updates and was up to date. Last week downloaded and installed up date 1903. Since this download I have all kinds of flaky issues, Can not open Microsoft Store and any of the other installed apps. I get a...
  8. Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade

Win 10 1903 Features Upgrade: I downloaded and installed the latest Win 10 - 1903 feature upgrade this morning. 1. I was forced to log back in to much of my gaming software. 2. After the upgrade I was left with a light blue glaring desktop background that had to be deleted, it was just too bright...
  9. BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD After Windows 10 Upgrade error e22w8x64.sys and L1C63x64.sys: Hey guys first time poster but i dont know where else to turn. After the upgrade from 8.1 I started seeing a BSOD with the error e22w8x64.sys but it wasn't that common. Now thought its as soon as I try to install a game, open multiple browser tabs or try to watch a YouTube...
  10. upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys

upgrade from win 7 to win 10. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEMPTION igdkkmd64.sys: Hi everyone, *cakeLet me state my huge thanks and appreciation for any help i recieve right up front. *cake The pre flight check all indicate I should be fine. I did the additional, Removed antimalware and virus, Done checkdisk, Imaged my partitions Upgraded...