Windows 10: Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here

Discus and support Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday while Downloading from utorrent file of size approx 1.5 GB, PC crash and it happens everytime when i tried to downloading and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by avinash30, Feb 26, 2016.

1. avinash30 Win User

Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here

Hello,
    yesterday while Downloading from utorrent file of size approx 1.5 GB, PC crash and it happens everytime when i tried to downloading and the error message is "PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA". I used dm_log collector which is suggested here but it failed in creating rar file on desktop so I uploaded another file containg dump files.

Avinash

:)

avinash30, Feb 26, 2016

2. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

Thank you very much for looking at this.

I followed the directions for uninstalling the drivers, and attempted to install new ones that I

downloaded from my motherboard maker, ASUS.
    Unfortunately, they don't provide audio drivers for anything past Win 7 64 bit, but even though I'm running Win 10, I tried them. The computer would still crash when I ran driver verifier at startup and I had
    to use a restore point.

When I checked which drivers were installed, however, it seemed to still be reverting to the original ones that initially caused the problem. So, I did some research on my own and used the Windows Show or Hide Updates program to make sure VIA wasn't auto-updating,
    but the issues persisted. So, as a last resort, I simply went to device manager and updated the audio drivers to Win 10 provided by Microsoft, but I'm still getting the driver verifier crash before the system starts. My computer is presently in this state.
    As long as I don't use driver verifier, it doesn't crash at startup, but I bet it will after normal sustained use.

The new dump files are here from the trials above. I'm curious if they're all still pointing to the audio driver, and if so/not,
    what other steps you might recommend?

BSOD Monster, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Feb 26, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please update your installation, Windows 10586 is available for some time, and try running the DM Log Collector again.
    Code: ************* Symbol Path validation summary ************** Response Time (ms) Location Deferred SRV*D:\symbols*Symbol information Symbol search path is: SRV*D:\symbols*Symbol information Executable search path is: Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64 Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by: 10240.16644.amd64fre.th1.160104-1507 Machine Name: Kernel base = 0xfffff801`34a8f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff801`34db4070 Debug session time: Sat Feb 27 12:27:31.118 2016 (UTC + 1:00) System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:39.906 Loading Kernel Symbols[/quote]

5. avinash30 Win User
    I tried to update my window but an error came up, error is : (0x800705b4),
    and tell me whats is the above code about??

avinash30, Feb 29, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

7. avinash30 Win User
  8. axe0 New Member

There are 2 files corrupted, 1 of them isn't really something to worry about.
    • 1 is a file called opencl.dll which is from Nvidia, it is replaced everytime you update your display drivers but it doesn't affect anything so you could call it a 'false positive'
    • The other is a corrupted file from Cortana, I don't know how much you use Cortana but I would recommend to get that one fixed.
    Because the file from cortana can't be fixed immediately by Windows Resource Protection, due to source corruption, a DISM command is required for fixing the source corruption whereafter you need to run the SFC command again a few times until you get the message that Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation.

Please try following command in admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bsod: I used dm_log collector which is suggested here - Similar Threads - Bsod used dm_log

2. This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...: I just got a Surface Pro 8 and put Windows 11 Pro on it straight away. I also have a desktop with Win 10 Pro on it and I have the password disabled so it goes straight to the desktop upon startup. I only just learned that the practice of disabling the password is "by design"...
  3. This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This is actually an old question, but it was suggested that I might post it here for...: I just got a Surface Pro 8 and put Windows 11 Pro on it straight away. I also have a desktop with Win 10 Pro on it and I have the password disabled so it goes straight to the desktop upon startup. I only just learned that the practice of disabling the password is "by design"...
  4. bsods. log collector result included with google drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bsods. log collector result included with google drive: Hey, I have no idea why I'm getting these bsod s. Some of them are as follows; IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION I started getting these errors after a clean installation of windows. I know that the windows is not up to date but I...
  5. How do i use data collector sets?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i use data collector sets?: I'm on mobile so sorry for any formatting mistakes. Recently i got sick of my laptop's low performance even though it was a gaming laptop, it could barely even run Minecraft, so i did some research and found a tutorial by a guy named ThioJoe i followed the tutorial exactly...
  6. BSOD V2 Collector Zip File

BSOD V2 Collector Zip File: Hi I am new here! I have run into 2 BSODs over the last few days... The last one was a WHEA uncorrectable error before booting into windows and the first was a Kernel error. I cannot seem to figure out the issue. I have run all Windows Diagnostics I can think of. Here is...
  7. BSOD but i tried all of this here

BSOD but i tried all of this here: i ran memory diagnostic on windows startup i did sfc/ scannow from command prompt admin i did DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command from Windows PowerShell administrator environment. i also reinstalled my graphics drivers with DDU Official Display...
  8. Which program is suggesting the next word?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which program is suggesting the next word?: This has been happening for a month now that when I am typing in my browser or in any word processing software like MS Word or Wordpad, I constantly get suggestions for the next word (screenshot attached). I am unable to find out the program responsible for this and remove...
  9. Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Which Desktop To Purchase; Suggestions ?: Hi, Would appreciate any and all thoughts on this. Want to buy a new Windows10 Desktop pc for my son, and his graduate school courses. I realize that most of these brands, probably, use components from the same sources, and that to a very large extent it is truly the luck...
  10. Log Collector Fails

Log Collector Fails: Hello! When I run the log collector and press a key when it says to, a command prompt appears but almost instantly disappears as a bunch of lines quickly flash by. After, there is a folder on my desktop called TF debug files but it is full of empty text files. A text file...