Windows 10: BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping you can shed some light on this, as I'm at the end of my tether with my machine at the minute. Built it myself a little over two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alethioandy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

Hi all,

Hoping you can shed some light on this, as I'm at the end of my tether with my machine at the minute.
    Built it myself a little over two years, and has been absolutely spot on fine until around 3 months ago.
    Started getting some severe delays on Shutdowns/Restarts, and then in the last few weeks having quite a few BSOD's, as stated above mainly while playing Overwatch and Skyrim Special Edition, but NOT exclusively.

Went through the regular culprits, driver checks, SFC Scan, Memory checks etc, and all came up negative, so eventually gave in and thought it must be a Windows issue, so did a full format of all drives and completely fresh install from scratch. Reinstalled everything again, and lo and behold the BSOD's are still coming up.

Various codes bouncing between BAD_POOL_CALLER, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (most recent one I've had)
    I've looked through the Dump files with BlueScreenView, and all I can see as the culprit is ntoskrnl.exe, which I'm assuming is a scapegoat for a different problem I can't see, along with a couple of others, being dxsgmms2.sys, and FLTMGR.sys

If any of you guys can shed any light on what might be going wrong here, I'll be incredibly grateful, as I'm way out of my league here and can't work it out for the life of me, and I consider myself to be fairly clued up.

I've attached the requested Zip file from the info extractor tool (amazing tool whoever made that deserves a medal!) but if anyone needs anymore information about the system or anything like that, let me know and I'll post it back as fast as I can.

Thanks in advance, and fingers crossed.
    Andy

P.S. Edited in about 2 more culprits that have been showing up since I originally made the post, reuploaded the Zip file with the new information and Dump files!

P.P.S
    Editing in another update here, due to still ongoing issues, become a case of at least daily occurrences now, if not 3 or 4 times daily.
    Installed the Skyrim Special Edition today, and thats become a hot choice for the BSOD's, with a variety of reasons and related victims to go along with it. Honestly have no clue whats going on at the minute. Re uploaded an amended information zip, getting quite big now with all the extra dump files sorry.
    Fingers crossed someone gets to my thread soon and can help out, as my PC is basically crippled like this atm *Sad

:)

Alethioandy, Oct 24, 2016
  2. M4rc1 Win User

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+142480, 0x00000101, did test: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (avc3.sys)

While last reply I had 3 more BSODS, 3 more .dmps.

All of them were while playing like before.

All of them with those causes:

0x00000101

ntoskrnl.exe+142480

The "0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe" which I had once in that time seems to be unique.

Done things:

No BSOD

-prime95 4hours

-3dMark Benchmarks

Still BSOD

-deinstalled bitdefender

-deinstalled gigabyte center software with components (oc software etc.)

-installed old nvidia driver

-set ram profile from xmp (3000) to normal 2133

M4rc1, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Help with Fixing error 0x000000f7.

Hi,

I have been having many problems with my PC, I have been crashing, getting BSOD's and my PC just rebooting on its own when I am playing games I have received many different bluescreen errors however they all lead back to the error code of 0x000000f7 and
    they have all related to the ntoskrnl.exe driver.

I would like to note that I took my PC to a store and they did multiple tests on it to see if anything was wrong and they said nothing was wrong with it, so I thought that it would be a hardware issue and I don't know how to test that properly because the
    PC has only been crashing on games apart from one time after booting up from a BSOD I received one then.

Bluescreen errors I have received:

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER ( Error was received while playing a game)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (This error was received just after a reboot from DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD.)

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP (Error was received while playing a game)

This is some information that you may find useful:

msinfo32

minidump(Could only grab this minidump as I reinstalled Windows to see if that fixed the problem)

Thanks, If you need any more information let me know!

Arlo Farncombe, Oct 24, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Alethioandy,

Welcome to the 10forums and apologies for the delay.

Are you still in need of help?

5. Hi axe,

Thanks for the reply, no worries about the delay, I've been monitoring the forums for the last few days and see how busy they've been!

Yes, definitely still in need of some help please, I last updated the post yesterday with further details etc, BSOD's galore while playing new Skyrim.

Alethioandy, Oct 29, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
  7. Hi axe,

Thanks for the tips. I can confirm since your post I have:
    • Done a system restore to before using Driver Booster
    • Updated BIOS from MSI
    • Updated Chipset Drivers direct from MSI
    • Checked for Firmware updates for SSD's, but both seem to be up to date.
    • Run HDTune Health Scan and Benchmark on both SSDs
    • Run chkdsk on both SSD's

Also, should've mentioned, I've removed the HDD for now, as I only installed that a couple of days ago, and was having the BSODs BEFORE installing it, so have removed it just to streamline the troubleshooting. So I ONLY have the 2 SSD's at the moment.

Unfortunately doing the chkdsk on my main OS Drive took a while, so I was AFK for the majority of the process, so I dont know if it actually found any issues or not, hoping you'll be able to tell from the report?

HDTune Screenshots for main OS Drive C:
    Attachment 108203Attachment 108204Attachment 108205

HDTune Screenshots for 2nd SSD E:
    Attachment 108206Attachment 108207Attachment 108208

I've also attached to this post the chkdsk Report from my main C: drive, but I can't get a report to generate for the E: drive, it just continuously gives me the same report for C instead. However I was able to watch the E one process, and no issues seemed to come up.

8. axe0 New Member

Please copy and paste the command you enter for running chkdsk on the E partition.

9. I'm using Admin Cmd, then doing: chkdsk e: /r
    It runs fine, but when I use powershell to generate the report, it just keeps giving me the one from my C: drive, not the E: drive.
    I've screenshotted the Command prompt if that helps?
    Attachment 108219

10. axe0 New Member
    You don't need to create a report, that happens automatically when chkdsk is finished *Wink
    It can be found under the tag 'chkdsk'.

11. Managed to find the event in Event Viewer and copy the details from there, couldn't find the report anywhere.
    Will this do?

12. axe0 New Member
    It looks like parameter /r hasn't been used according to the log, please check if there is any log of chkdsk with parameter /r for partition E.

13. Ztruker Win User

I don't think there is a chkdsk log file. All I can find on this is:

Ztruker, Oct 29, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. Ztruker Win User
    @axe0, that is not a chkdsk log. It's chkdsk related entries in the event log. They don't mean the same thing, at least to me.
    The link you provided provides the same info I provided a link for.

Ztruker, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD's mainly while

2. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3F88c0 while gaming dump file:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cdITI-h5u3Pwu9jk?e=tv7neu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f88c0-memorymanagement-while-gaming/0a479df5-3e07-4b4f-b20d-ca76d607aa94
  3. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  4. Random bsods while playing games over various days

Random bsods while playing games over various days: I have done many fixes, updated all drivers, and other things but my pc continues to bluescreen at random intervals. dump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNiwxMZqCndldcqPkG...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.

Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.: Hi, Recently my PC has been seeing BSODs quite frequently. They usually occur while playing games. The bugcheck code varies as well. Attachment 111193 Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 70611
  8. Numerous BSODs while playing various games

Numerous BSODs while playing various games: Hi all, I have been encountering numerous BSODs of different bug check strings since 30th Aug (last Wed). I noticed that the BSODs happen whenever I'm in any game, from Just Cause 3 to Euro Truck Simulator 2. The BSOD would occur after 30mins - 1 hour of gameplay. I've...
  9. BSOD various ntoskrnl

BSOD various ntoskrnl: Hi guys! Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed) I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware. Have ran Memtest for 24 hours without a...
  10. BSOD playing various games

BSOD playing various games: Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed. Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows...
Tags: