Windows 10: BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I understand what you mean, but the event logs are probably the closest what we may get which is why I do see it as a chkdsk log. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alethioandy, Oct 24, 2016.

1. axe0 New Member

BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

I understand what you mean, but the event logs are probably the closest what we may get which is why I do see it as a chkdsk log.

2. Ztruker Win User

Apparently I've never run chkdsk on my computer in 4+ years as there are no entries in the event viewer log nor does the powershell command show me anything. I'm opretty sure I've run chkdsk at least a few times.

I'll try it now and see if anything gets logged.

Ztruker, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Hi guys, sorry for the delay, been away for a couple of days.

Unfortunately that is the only Event I can find for the chkdsk on E, and whenever I do another one now, it doesnt find any issues and won't generate a log using the powershell command either.
    Thought that running the chkdsk on C might've been the fix, has an ok few hours with no BSODs on Sunday afternoon, but I've just been on Overwatch now, and had the same thing happen crashing out.

Attached the zipped dumpfile to this message.

Any more ideas as to what could be wrong? *Sad

Alethioandy, Oct 31, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please check in event viewer for the chkdsk events of E, copy and paste the content in 'General' tab into a notepad file, save the notepad file and upload it.

5. Hi axe,

Thanks for keeping on with this, its much appreciated! *Smile

There are 3 events for the E disk in my event viewer, I've copied all the details into the attached txt file.
    Hopefully you can make some sense of whats going on *Smile

Alethioandy, Nov 1, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    All scans were either performed through Windows Explorer or without parameter in command prompt *Sad

Please upload a complete zip from the DM Log Collector and not a single dump, a single dump is often not enough.

7. I did do the E chkdsk scans through Windows Explorer, through a Admin access cmd prompt. Would this cause the issue?
    I 100% definitely did the /r part of it as well. If you see the screenshot I did of the cmd prompt a few posts back, you can see at the top.

The Zip in my original post is still the most up to date one, since then I've only had the one BSOD and dump, which was the one I posted yesterday.
    My DM Log Collector report only has one BSOD in it now, as I did the System Restore as you suggested and it's removed those dump files now. Does that make sense?

Alethioandy, Nov 2, 2016
  8. BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

As if on cue, right after posting here, I was playing Diablo3, grinding away, and could see on my second monitor some pixelation/glitching just on the screen itself, then right after had a BSOD, (DMP is attached.)
    I'm really thinking now that it could be a problem with my graphics card, even though all the Furmark tests I've done came back fine :/

Alethioandy, Nov 2, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

10. Hey axe,

Ok, so I did the driver verifier, and Windows wouldn't boot, I was getting IRQL less or equal BSOD's everytime it started trying to start Windows.
    Did it 3 or 4 times, then went into Windows restore, so I used to Command Prompt to turn it off so I could come here to post.
    Attached the DM Log file, assuming that's what you want to see?

Alethioandy, Nov 2, 2016
  11. Think that Verifier was still running when I started my PC again tonight, did another Blue Screen crash, and said something about Driver IO Violation. I've done another DM Log for you axe, hopefully you can make something of it.
    I've gone and deleted the setting for Verifier now, so I'll leave it off unless you ask me to run it again.

Alethioandy, Nov 3, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Check MSI for audio driver updates.

13. BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe

I installed the most upto date audio drivers from the MSI website direct after I did the system restore the other day. There isn't a more recent one since then *Sad

Alethioandy, Nov 3, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    Do you have any other audio device than your HyperX CloudII?

15. Nope, thats the only Audio device I use at all, the Headset which is plugged in via USB.
    There's obviously the built in Sound ports on the motherboard, but I've never used them at all.

Alethioandy, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

1. BSOD's mainly while playing games, various codes, ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSOD's mainly while

2. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3F88c0 while gaming dump file:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cdITI-h5u3Pwu9jk?e=tv7neu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f88c0-memorymanagement-while-gaming/0a479df5-3e07-4b4f-b20d-ca76d607aa94
  3. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  4. Random bsods while playing games over various days

Random bsods while playing games over various days: I have done many fixes, updated all drivers, and other things but my pc continues to bluescreen at random intervals. dump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgMhnEImXryNiwxMZqCndldcqPkG...
  5. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  7. Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.

Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.: Hi, Recently my PC has been seeing BSODs quite frequently. They usually occur while playing games. The bugcheck code varies as well. Attachment 111193 Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 70611
  8. Numerous BSODs while playing various games

Numerous BSODs while playing various games: Hi all, I have been encountering numerous BSODs of different bug check strings since 30th Aug (last Wed). I noticed that the BSODs happen whenever I'm in any game, from Just Cause 3 to Euro Truck Simulator 2. The BSOD would occur after 30mins - 1 hour of gameplay. I've...
  9. BSOD various ntoskrnl

BSOD various ntoskrnl: Hi guys! Made a fresh Win10 install with just basic software (Like whocrashed) I have tried using the Guru3Ds tool to remove all traces of old video card drivers and installed the newest ones without any extra software or bloatware. Have ran Memtest for 24 hours without a...
  10. BSOD playing various games

BSOD playing various games: Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed. Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows...
Tags: