Windows 10: Can "Cortana" be configured to share NO data with Microsoft?

Discus and support Can "Cortana" be configured to share NO data with Microsoft? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am not interested in having a "personal assistant" who reports my activities and searches back to Microsoft like some kind of Cold War era embedded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Can "Cortana" be configured to share NO data with Microsoft?

I am not interested in having a "personal assistant" who reports my activities and searches back to Microsoft like some kind of Cold War era embedded spy. As far as I am aware there is nothing "Cortana" does that can't be achieved using other existing OS functionality or dedicated software.... Can Cortana be completely fenced in to share NOTHING with MS?
    (If not, I'll give her the sack by turning it off.....)

Follow on question - I really thought I declined all the intrusive functionality when I installed Windows 10. In my first attempt at installation I got a looking glass where the Cortana icon is appearing now on the Task bar. Did I accidentally select the wrong option at install?

:)

Hannele2, Jul 13, 2016
  2. grschinon Win User

Enter on keypad " no. + # "

petrib is correct. It is a shortcut to SIM numbers.

Numbers on your SIM might not be in the position you think. Just because they appear sorted in alphabetical order in the contacts list doesn't mean that they appear in that same order on the SIM. On the SIM they appear in the order in which you input them,
    unless you delete a number in which case the next one entered takes its place.

grschinon, Jul 13, 2016
  3. hahakak Win User
    Enter on keypad " no. + # "

Hello guys :smileyhappy:

There's something make me crazy :s
    When I click a certain number on keypad on any NOKIA mobile
    Then click the symbol " # ", then a number of
    a contact "in my contact list" will be appeared.
    Is there anyone know how is that???
    I feel curious toward this puzzle :smileyvery-happy:
    OK., if anyone know about this topic, please tell me :smileysad:
    Anyway thanks :smileywink:

hahakak, Jul 13, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

1. Can "Cortana" be configured to share NO data with Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Cortana configured share

2. Configuration data corrupt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Configuration data corrupt: Hello, upon startup, I receive a blue screen error “The configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel.” The OK button does not work and I am unable to enter safemode. I have no Windows 10 discs but do possess serial numbers. Any...
  3. Sharing data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing data: I have two computers that I want to share between. How di I set up the network to allow these two computers to share data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-data/8bb5049b-1d6b-4f63-b884-a547b7311b08"
  4. Problem in configuring Cortana.

in Cortana
    Problem in configuring Cortana.: I can't activate this option in my settings. Please help. :([ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-configuring-cortana/067b50ce-253a-4205-b4f2-5a45b153e71d"
  5. sharing data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sharing data: How can I share data on my laptop and desk computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-data/446ac1bd-c982-450f-b60f-8d97767443fb
  6. Boot Configuration Data Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Configuration Data Error: I have a custom built PC it had installed Windows 10 on it. I was using it last night and this morning I woke up to a Recovery Error. It says “Your PC/Device needs to be repaired...The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors...File: \Boot\BCD...Error...
  7. data over usage by cortana.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    data over usage by cortana.: After getting update to latest win 10 version. Alot of data usage is done by the cortana. which makes slower to operate other task on win 10. I think cortana is malware. Need to get rid of that thing....
  8. How to Use and Configure Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Use and Configure Cortana: Got this from How To Geek and figured I'd share before I forget. *Smile How to Use and Configure Cortana on Windows 10 13006
  9. Problems configuring file share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems configuring file share: Hello looking for some help, I have two computers on my network, a desktop and a laptop. I want to be able to share all the files on my secondary hard drive on my desktop and all the files on my main drive on my laptop. So I had the network setup and the drives shared and...
  10. Configure Windows 10 devices to stop data flow to Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    Configure Windows 10 devices to stop data flow to Microsoft: Configure Windows 10 devices to stop data flow to Microsoft Applies to •Windows 10 If you're looking for content on what each telemetry level means and how to configure it in your organization, see Configure Windows telemetry in your organization. Learn about...