Windows 10: can i delete cortana from system?

Discus and support can i delete cortana from system? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have wise 365 pro which allows me to delete certain programs including Cortana. I don't use it at all and is a waste of resource*Shock 78180 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pathfinder, Feb 26, 2017.

1. can i delete cortana from system?

I have wise 365 pro which allows me to delete certain programs including Cortana. I don't use it at all and is a waste of resource*Shock

:)

Pathfinder, Feb 26, 2017

2. Cortana not working

I've deleted Cortana icon from opening menu and now I can't get Cortana back and working. I didn't think it was completely deleted from the computer. How can I get it to work again?

clare in nevada, Feb 26, 2017
  3. Terrysan Win User
    How can I delete Cortana?

I want to delete Cortana and haven't found the best way to do so. Thanks

Moved from: Windows Insider Program / Apps on Insider Preview / Windows Feedback App / PC

Terrysan, Feb 26, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

can i delete cortana from system?

Brink, Feb 26, 2017
  5. hi bro..i didn't click that link because I already have a small program that disables it permanently. thx anyways..so I shouldn't delete it right?

Pathfinder, Feb 26, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    There's no need to try and delete or uninstall Cortana since it's easy to disable without the need of 3rd party programs.

Trying to do so would most likely cause unknown issues.

Brink, Feb 26, 2017
  7. I will follow your advice and leave it be then. before I got this pc, I kept hearing of how Cortana learns of your activities and sends spy like data to Microsoft..thats why I distrust Cortana.

Pathfinder, Feb 26, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's true that Cortana learns of your habits and such so that it can better perform as your personal assistant.

Luckily, it's easy to disable if one doesn't want to use this feature.

Brink, Feb 26, 2017
  9. thank you, cheers bro

Pathfinder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. can i delete cortana from system? - Similar Threads - delete cortana system

2. Can I delete from C:\Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I delete from C:\Drivers?: I went to check my storage and saw that a lot of the storage taken was from Other. I clicked on it and saw that most of the storage from Other was from C:\Drivers. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to optimize the storage in C:\Drivers? Can I delete certain...
  3. Can I delete from C:\Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I delete from C:\Drivers?: I went to check my storage and saw that a lot of the storage taken was from Other. I clicked on it and saw that most of the storage from Other was from C:\Drivers. I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to optimize the storage in C:\Drivers? Can I delete certain...
  4. Deleted Cortana folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleted Cortana folder: I deleted the Cortana folder in C:\Windows\SystemApps and now the search/run function is gone too along with Cortana. I wanted just Cortana to be removed not search. How can I get search back? submitted by /u/OmniCosmos [link] [comments]...
  5. I can not delete anything from PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can not delete anything from PC: My computer does not allow me to delete files. It gives me an error: "Windows Cannot Access the Specified Device Path or File. Not Appropriate Permission Error."...
  6. Can I delete duplicate system files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete duplicate system files?: I had moved my files from my OS drive to my DATA drive, because it had more space, and forgot to deselect the system files, and I cannot undo what I did. Is it safe to delete them? 132512
  7. I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.

in Cortana
    I can not learn cortana how i say hey cortana.: If i go to cortana setings. And press "Learn how i say "Hey Cortana"". [ATTACH] Every thinks work pretty good but after i should say frst phrases it close and doesnt work. Normali cortana can hear me and do every think that i told her but when i want to learn her that it...
  8. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"
  9. Deleted Cortana Shortcut

Deleted Cortana Shortcut: Yeah, I did that. Now I can not start Cortana on my Windows 10 desktop... Um, what is the target for Cortana? Or how can I make a new Cortana shortcut? 28511
  10. Cortana problem: I deleted the info tags

Cortana problem: I deleted the info tags: So when you open Cortana there were tabs for weather, sports, news, etc. Well I deleted all of them except weather. I am trying to add them back but don't see where to add it. Anyone know how? 14350