Windows 10: Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

Discus and support Can I disable defender since I have McAfee? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am getting the error "Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780" one of the answers (thread is locked) is to Disable defender.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joseph Stateson, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

I am getting the error "Security Center failed to validate caller with error DC040780"

one of the answers (thread is locked) is to Disable defender.

I have subscription to McAfee, both antivirus and firewall and it is up to date.

Running services.msc and in elevated mode, all controls are grayed out for both Defender antivirus as well as the firewall.

I don't think I need more than one antivirus. This is Windows 10 pro with latest 1909 feature.

:)

Joseph Stateson, Nov 30, 2019

2. Conflict between McAfee and Windows Defender

Did you ask McAfee support (McAfee) and/or in their forum (McAfee Support Community)?

Try to

In case Windows Defender is still not disabled after doing the above steps, either

disable Windows Defender manually (see the Answer-marked post of GreginMich in

this
    thread)

or

use a REG file (see Option 2 here: Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 )

Jsssssssss, Nov 30, 2019
  3. How do I remove/disable McAfee and Defender so I can run AVG?

I noticed on my computer I have both mcafee and defender...defender doesn,t appear in the list of programs, I believe it is part of the operating system..Does anyone know how to disable it. I understand it isn,t a strong protector...Mcafee does appear
    in my programs and I could delete it. I would like both of them to go away so I could put on AVG....

any suggestions

Moved from Windows

Original title: virus

shulakantor, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

McAfee and Windows Defender

When a different antimalware protection product is installed, Windows Defender is disabled to make sure the two products do not interfere. In other words, McAfee tells Windows that McAfee is now protecting the system, and Windows therefore turns off Windows
    Defender.

There should be an uninstall entry for McAfee if you'd like to remove the trial. Go to Start | Settings | System | Apps & features to find McAfee's entry. Once you click on it, there should be an Uninstall button that'll kick off the uninstall steps.

Regards,

Aaron

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranty, and confers no rights.

Aaron Hulett - Former MSFT, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Can I disable defender since I have McAfee?

1. Can I disable defender since I have McAfee? - Similar Threads - disable defender since

2. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?: I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …” every time I turn it on. I’m running McAfee Toral Protection and as expected Windows tells me that ‘No action is necessary’....
  3. Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I run Windows 10 Defender while running McAfee?: I keep getting emails from Microsoft telling me that my PC running W10 is not protected “Real-time protection was turned off on the Windows device …” every time I turn it on. I’m running McAfee Toral Protection and as expected Windows tells me that ‘No action is necessary’....
  4. I have Mcafee installed, I still get updates for defender

I have Mcafee installed, I still get updates for defender: Is there an explanation to why windows defender continues to update. When I have Mcafee installed.Regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-mcafee-installed-i-still-get-updates-for/6d708adc-e57f-4b9d-ab72-d9b1c3276e2e
  5. I have Windows defender but disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Windows defender but disabled: There are no options to enable it and don't do scans. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-but-disabled/91579f47-ac37-4f43-84aa-c4eda0d5370a
  6. I have Windows defender but disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have Windows defender but disabled: There are no options to enable it and don't do scans. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-but-disabled/91579f47-ac37-4f43-84aa-c4eda0d5370a
  7. I have Windows defender but disabled

8. Windows defender. Can i completely disable it?

Windows defender. Can i completely disable it?: Hi. I want to ask you if i can completely disable the windows defender from the windows 10 system. And if i can is it hard? Can i restore it? How i can do it please? 177095
  9. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?: I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found out I don't need an additional program. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?...
  10. I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?

I Have Windows Defender, Do I Need McAfee?: Why would I need McAfee Anti-Virus Software if I have Windows Defender 10? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-windows-defender-do-i-need-mcafee/a79c61aa-faec-43be-a2dd-55bf443df762

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if you have mcAfee total protection do you need microsoft defender

2. do you have to use the free mcaffee on windows 10

3. windows 10 do i need mcafee

4. do i have mcafee installed