Windows 10: Can I disable services via command prompt...

Discus and support Can I disable services via command prompt... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Can I disable services using the command prompt if they can't be disable in the services manager, and could some services be installed on the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ltp2, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Ltp2 Win User

Can I disable services via command prompt...

Can I disable services using the command prompt if they can't be disable in the services manager, and could some services be installed on the system for threat uses and intrusions in the computer?

:)

2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Can I disable services via command prompt... - Similar Threads - disable services via

2. Disable GPU in command prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable GPU in command prompt: I use Windows 10 pro , version 10.019041.1My laptop Dell precision m7510 update my AMD firepro w5170m , then it show anther AMD card name , & the screen freezNow I am in blue screen, with code " critical process " , I try all troubleshoots , reset or reinstall or restore...
  3. Unable to access directories via Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access directories via Command Prompt: I need to use Command Prompt, but when I add the directory, I get this error: 'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. I've made sure C:\Windows\32 is included in the Environment Variables under "Path", but I can't...
  4. Changing power via command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing power via command prompt: Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a command that could be entered into command prompt to change the battery settings to "best performance" or to "best battery" . I know that there are ways to change the power plan by using power cfg -s, but I wanted to change the...
  5. Disable Command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable Command prompt: hi there! I am using windows 10 home 2004 where i have created a local user non admin account for my child so that he won't be able to install steam and epic but to my surprise i was steam installed in his account and found that admin rights can easily be bypassed by running...
  6. Can you access msconfig via command prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can you access msconfig via command prompt?: Hi, Is there a command to issue in command prompt that opens msconfig or is there a command that changes msconfig start up to "selective" or "normal"? My laptop is win 10 ver 1909. It's stopped booting into windows after I changed the start up in msconfig from...
  7. Can I disable services via command prompt...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I disable services via command prompt...: Can I disable services using the command prompt if they can't be disable in the services manager, and could some services be installed on the system for threat uses and intrusions in the computer? 136697
  8. How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I make a list of filenames in File Explorer via command prompt?: These are the steps I take in: open the folder that I want to print the filenames of In the location bar, typed "cmd" At the command prompt, I typed "dir > vjoy.txt The command prompt read Access is denied....
  9. IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Geolocation via Command Prompt\Powershell: Hello, I'm looking for a way to check PC's IP Geolocation by using command prompt or powershell (no scripts). I hope there are some experts here who can help me out. I have found a very easy to do it on UNIX systems but my main machines will be Windows 7/8.1/10 based....
  10. I can not open command prompt.

in Windows 10 Support
    I can not open command prompt.: I can not open command prompt. Every time I open it I got error message come up. *Sad The message is said [ The application is not start up right Press OK to close] [img] 25131

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable service via cmd