Windows 10: can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

Discus and support can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tester2, Feb 6, 2018.

1. tester2 Win User

can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

hi guys I need your help, I have win10 home on my pc, but I want to install win10 pro on my pc by using same win10 home key for Activation win10 pro.

Is that same key can I use for Win10 Pro Activation, which I have for win10 Home, please let me know.

The reason of make a decession to intall win10 pro is, because I am unable to Disable Win10 Home from last 2 years, I tried all the things still win10 home keep on Updating by itself.

I tried like this things :
    1--I disable Win10 Home in Services ---- still updating win10 home
    2--I tried to set Metered connection ---- still updating win10 home

and I tried many different things, still updating win10 home.

I you know any 3rd party software which will disable win10 home permanently, I will try that software.
    or
    can you let me know, can I install win10 pro on win10 home pc by using same key of win10 home for Activation and Win10 pro must get Genuine.

Hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanks

:)

tester2, Feb 6, 2018
  2. TuRaSa Win User

How to use Win8 Pro key for Win10 Pro upgrade?

i have a Win7 Home laptop, which was automatically updated to Win10 Home by Microsoft push. I had purchased a Win8 Pro key earlier but I had not updated my laptop to Win8 Pro before Microsoft's auto update. By default Microsoft installed Win10 Home. Now
    I am not able to upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro as the Activation screen keeps on telling me that the Win8 Pro key is not valid for Win10 Home.

How can I upgrade my laptop to Win10 Pro using my Win8 Pro key and not needing to purchase a separate Win10 Pro key?

TuRaSa, Feb 6, 2018
  3. scatman# Win User
    Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro to clean install of Windows 10 pro

Hello, all.

This PC came with Win10 Home. I bought the Win10 pro upgrade for $99 from the Windows store, and install it. At that point Win10 pro was installed and activated.

How do I now do a clean install of this Win10 pro (from Win10 home) upgrade?

Thanks.

(P.S. I tried a clean install from a Win10 pro iso. usb, but after this install the PC showed Win10 home again)

scatman#, Feb 6, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Win10 Home key will not activate Win10 Pro... *Sad

dmholt57, Feb 6, 2018
  5. ThrashZone, Feb 6, 2018
  6. tester2 Win User
    if I am unable to upgrade to win10 pro from win10 home with same key.
    Atleast can you let me know, how to disable permanently win10 Home Updates.

I am ready to install 3rd party software, please let me know, which software I have to install to disable win10 home upgrade.

thanks

tester2, Feb 6, 2018
  7. The only guaranteed way to stop Windows Update, is to disconnect the computer from the internet. That means Physically !

storageman, Feb 6, 2018
  8. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key

Hi,
    Even 10 pro can only delay updates although there are methods to delay further with third party
    10 home is no doubt a sad joke of a version

You always reinstall a system image before the upgrade to 10 happened if you have one
    Or clean install 7 or 8 if you didn't make a system image

If this is a new computer that came with 10 home the pro upgrade will get you a little closer easier but for 120.us

ThrashZone, Feb 6, 2018
  9. dmholt57 Win User
    type services.msc in search, scroll down to Windows Update, right click and select properties, disable... then in settings, update and security, set to metered connection.

dmholt57, Feb 6, 2018
  10. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. can i install Win10 Pro on Win10 Home PC, by using same Win10 Home Key - Similar Threads - install Win10 Pro

2. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  3. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro: We had activated copy of Win10 Home, paid for the upgrade to download Win10 Pro, and what was downloaded was Win10 Enterprise which I can not activate. The activation error is not having a valid digital license or product key. How do I get Win10 Pro which I paid for and get...
  4. WIn10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win7 home->Win10 home->Win10 Pro with retail key?: I have a PC that started at Win7 home OEM. It was free upgraded to Win10 home. I purchased a win10 pro retail key. If I use the key, will I end up with a Win10 pro retail? There are benefits to having retail versions....
  6. Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: I cannot access the original restore point to go back to Win10 Home when I put in a DVD restore. It is dated March 29. 2020. I was fiddling around with WSL 2 and I wanted to try out Win10 Pro as a possibility to fix my issues. Now, I just want my email, browser and OS...
  7. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  8. Win10 home Up Grade to Win10 Pro

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win10 home Up Grade to Win10 Pro: Hi I purchased Win 10 Pro From Microsoft Store on Nov2019 .The Product Code was Not Given But Down From Loaded from store . When It was installing or Up grading From Win10 home to Win10Pro Finally Error Showing 0x0. So Far I was not Upgraded And Wasted Time and...
  9. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154
  10. Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME

Win10 Pro oem, installed as Win10 HOME: I have an original CD with 64 bits Win 10 Pro for OEM, with a sticker with key. I did a clean installation deleted the partitions in C: I installed and see that it is the Win 10 OEM Home 1709 After instalation there were the automatic Windows updates from Microsoft....