Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in?

Discus and support Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may possibly sound like a stupid question but can I mute the system notification sounds when I have headphones plugged in? Last night I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RoboScorpion, Aug 6, 2015.

1. RoboScorpion Win User

This may possibly sound like a stupid question but can I mute the system notification sounds when I have headphones plugged in?

Last night I was happily watching a video with headphones when an e-mail came in; Windows blared a load BING at me and I jumped out of my skin! *Shock *Shock *Shock

Thanks all *Smile

:)

RoboScorpion, Aug 6, 2015
  2. EditeDzelme Win User

headphone mic problem

HP Probook 6450b. When headphones mic plugged into jacks: it does not work - the system sound is not muted and no sound from mic

EditeDzelme, Aug 6, 2015
  3. JohnDoeUC Win User
    Speakers Stopped Muting When Headphones Plugged In

This only addresses a problem with no sounds not muting the speakers when headphones are plugged in. There is a defect in sound protocol.

JohnDoeUC, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

You can turn down system sounds. Right click on volume icon, open volume mixer and either mute or lower system sounds.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. damienf Win User
    Solved How to turn off notification sound when headphones are plugged in

Open Settings – select System – Notifications & Actions – scroll down to Show Notifications from these apps – select Realtek HD Audio Manager (click app do not toggle off on) – Turn toggle off “Play sound when a notification arrives”

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? [​IMG]

Problem fixed

damienf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? - Similar Threads - mute system notification

2. Can`t install any .msi file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install any .msi file: Can`t install any .msi file. Shows this message: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/cant-install-any-msi-file/6635c606-200c-48c1-889c-5733f08becc9
  3. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...
  4. Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware crreating too much read/write i/o activity: At times my disk use goes up to 100% because of the antimalware that comes with Windows Defender. I believe it conflicts with an application that I use. Also is there still chkdsk ? Thanks...
  5. How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do i prevent external HDD to go in sleep in windows 10 ?: I am using windows 10 in my laptop and desktop. I am having a problem with my external HDD. Windows automatically disconnects my external HDD after 30-40 minutes. I have tried all but still it disconnects with a sound. In windows 7 all same steps worked for me but I don't...
  6. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  7. how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...

how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to...: how do i get my task bar back on the bottom of my screen again, it seems to have moved to the side of my page ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-get-my-task-bar-back-on-the-bottom-of-my/91d92472-3313-42ec-9302-421a68b67fcd
  8. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?: So my laptop is never slow on normal usage, but when I play heavy games like CS:GO it really lags. The framerate drops so much, to the point where I can't even move in the game without bumping into enemies and objects. Now, I know I don't have a gaming laptop (see the...
  9. Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up

Desktop icons doesn't show up until I restart explorer.exe on task manager on start up: Hello I've had this problem for over a month now and I do not know what has caused it Every time I start my computer up or restart (sleep not affected) my desktop icons are all gone If I go on file explorer and check my drives, everything is still there but if I try to...
  10. Battery not charging, even when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery not charging, even when plugged in.: Hi! My HP laptop for the last two years won't charge. Originally I thought it was a simply faulty power cord. But after switching it out, my computer would still be plugged in, start charging, and then stop suddenly, only to start up again at a random time. I removed my...