Windows 10: Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in?

Discus and support Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may possibly sound like a stupid question but can I mute the system notification sounds when I have headphones plugged in? Last night I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RoboScorpion, Aug 6, 2015.

1. RoboScorpion Win User

Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in?

This may possibly sound like a stupid question but can I mute the system notification sounds when I have headphones plugged in?

Last night I was happily watching a video with headphones when an e-mail came in; Windows blared a load BING at me and I jumped out of my skin! *Shock *Shock *Shock

Thanks all *Smile

:)

RoboScorpion, Aug 6, 2015
  2. EditeDzelme Win User

headphone mic problem

HP Probook 6450b. When headphones mic plugged into jacks: it does not work - the system sound is not muted and no sound from mic

EditeDzelme, Aug 6, 2015
  3. JohnDoeUC Win User
    Speakers Stopped Muting When Headphones Plugged In

This only addresses a problem with no sounds not muting the speakers when headphones are plugged in. There is a defect in sound protocol.

JohnDoeUC, Aug 6, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

You can turn down system sounds. Right click on volume icon, open volume mixer and either mute or lower system sounds.

swarfega, Aug 6, 2015
  5. damienf Win User
    Solved How to turn off notification sound when headphones are plugged in

Open Settings – select System – Notifications & Actions – scroll down to Show Notifications from these apps – select Realtek HD Audio Manager (click app do not toggle off on) – Turn toggle off “Play sound when a notification arrives”

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? [​IMG]

Problem fixed

damienf, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can I mute system notification sounds when headphones are plugged in? - Similar Threads - mute system notification

2. Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not working, sound comes out of speakers when plugged in: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron 15 500 Gaming laptop with an audio issue. When plugging in any headphones, there used to be a popup that asked which device I just plugged in, which doesn't happen anymore. I have reinstalled the Realtek audio drivers by uninstalling with Driver...
  3. Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in

Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in: Hi, I've had this issue on my laptop for the entire time I've owned it, and I've tried to fix it multiple times but still nothing. Sound does not play out of the right headphone speaker, even though windows thinks that it is. This issue is present on all headphones so it's...
  4. Sound problems when plugging in headphones

Sound problems when plugging in headphones: Since buying a new laptop and updating to windows 10 I have had a problem with the sound, the problem being that when I plug in a set of headphones I manually have to go on playback devices to set my headphones as default and also on the volume mixer to select my headphones...
  5. Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.: I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones (3.5mm jack, Sony) the audio plays through my speakers and not my headphones. This would happen before (with audio playing...
  6. Sound mutes when changing desktops

Sound mutes when changing desktops: Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any...
  7. Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in

Speakers playing when headphones are plugged in: I have an HP laptop with windows 10. When my headphones are plugged in, the speakers are still playing. When I go to sounds, the only device listed is the speakers. How can I silence the speakers when the headphones are plugged in. 97425
  8. Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...

Annoying Static Sound Even When Muted...: I have ASUS X540LA Windows 10 64 bit Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.104). I am getting a static sound even when muted. The sound isn't coming through my earphones but is still heard from the pc even with the earphones plugged in. I hear what I expect to hear, and nothing...
  9. No system notification sound

No system notification sound: Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound. [img] 73216
  10. No bass when i plug in headphone

No bass when i plug in headphone: I need help guys, when I play music through my laptop speakers, it plays well with bass but when connect and earphone or headphone to my audio jack, the music quality decreases and the bass of my headphone has extremely low bass. I don't know if it has to do with me updating...