Windows 10: Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

Discus and support Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone can help? I added an ssd to my Asus laptop and have since reinstalled Windows10. My question is.. can I remove my ssd and reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidJackson51, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

Hi,

I hope someone can help?

I added an ssd to my Asus laptop and have since reinstalled Windows10. My question is.. can I remove my ssd and reset laptop, and then insert the same ssd once again?

Hopefully this is possible.

Many thanks.

:)

DavidJackson51, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Counterflix ad removal

What suggestions did you receive from McAfee?

Did you try the Emsisoft Emergency Kit? How about the Eset Online Scanner?

Did you follow ALL of the steps in https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-counterflix-ads/ and reset all browsers.

Le Boule, Jul 10, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Should SSD's be defragmented

Unlike defragging, Trim on an SSD is just Trim, it doesn't matter which program initiates it the results will be exactly the same. Trim doesn't move files, trim resets storage locations on the SSD that have had data previously stored there. There are two steps required to make a storage location available on an SSD. The first step is to delete the previous data. The second step is to reset the storage location for reuse. The first step is done on-command at the moment it is required. The second step is only performed when either there are no more reset data locations available for use or periodically, hopefully during idle periods. By waiting for an idle period to do the second step, the SSD performance is increased. The second step is the trim operation.

NavyLCDR, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

Windows 10 reset on a Star Wars special edition notebook

There's no need to reset the laptop. Simply create a new user account for you, change its account type to administrator (all new accounts after the first initial one are standard accounts when created), sign out from the original account, sign in to your new account and finally remove the original account. Takes a few minutes, much faster than a full reset.

Thema:

Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition?

1. Can I remove a added ssd for storage, and reset laptop to original condition? - Similar Threads - remove added ssd

2. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD: I have an i5 9th gen ASUS Rog strix /8GB / 1TB HDD with no SSD/ 4GB /GTX 1050I want to add an M.2 SSD.How do I retain and reinstall my original Windows 10 Home from HDD to SSD ?...
  3. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD: I have an i5 9th gen ASUS Rog strix /8GB / 1TB HDD with no SSD/ 4GB /GTX 1050I want to add an M.2 SSD.How do I retain and reinstall my original Windows 10 Home from HDD to SSD ?...
  4. How to retain Original Windows 10 while adding an SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Win10 64 Pro. Pulling SSD. Adding M2 OS SSD & 2.5 Storage SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Win10 64 Pro. Pulling SSD. Adding M2 OS SSD & 2.5 Storage SSD: I have a new zTecpc delivered with a 1TB SSD by mistake, I asked for a 512GB M.2 OS SSD & 2.5" 1TB storage SSD. It came with a clean installation of Win10 64bit Pro and the clean install is on a USB. I contacted them with the issue and got the green light to remove the 1TB...
  6. Reset laptop to original settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset laptop to original settings: How can I reset EVOO 14.1 ultra thin laptop to original setting when received? Thank you, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-laptop-to-original-settings/87c1cf51-b28c-4c36-bb2f-abdb260093b1
  7. SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD Detected as Removable/Detachable Storage: Hello, I finished a new build the other day and spent the next few days installing Windows 10 updates and various drivers. There is one thing that caught my eye that I have not seen before in all of my years with building PCs and Windows OS behavior. The PC that was built...
  8. Added SSD to Old Laptop

Added SSD to Old Laptop: I purchased an Samsung 860 EVO SATA 500GB SSD and installed it in my old ASUS X53U laptop. Cloning the drive was very straightforward and it boots up nicely and seems to be working ok but I have a couple of questions. The BIOS reports LEGACY BIOS but UEFI is an option....
  9. Attempt to Reset the system to original condition has failed. Changes to the system have...

Attempt to Reset the system to original condition has failed. Changes to the system have...: I've experienced this issue off an on for a while now. It occurs on all five of the Surface devices I either own or maintain (Surface 3, Surface Pro 3, Surface Book 2, Surface Laptop & Surface Go). Three devices running Windows 10 Pro and two are running Windows 10 Home....
  10. Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing original administrator from laptop so I can reset it to myself: I purchased this Lenovo Ideapad 320 as a gift for my former girlfriend (as well as myself) and allowed her (being the good guy that I am) to create the initial set-up in which she had the only Admin privilege (which looking back now was not smart). It is set up with...