Windows 10: can i temporary use a local account

Discus and support can i temporary use a local account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; im about to reinstall windows and when i use my microsoft acc it always names my user folder the wrong thing.i was wondering can i use a local acc... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by wes104, Sep 18, 2018.

1. wes104 Win User

can i temporary use a local account

im about to reinstall windows and when i use my microsoft acc it always names my user folder the wrong thing.i was wondering can i use a local acc during setup so it names it correctly then add my Microsoft account later that has the activation stuff with it?

:)

wes104, Sep 18, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. can i temporary use a local account - Similar Threads - temporary local account

2. How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?: My wife and I share a new PC which replaced one running Windows 7, so I set up local accounts for each of us. We much prefer having our personal accounts be local and not tied to our regular email addresses or connected to Microsoft for everything we do. However, we would...
  3. How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?: My wife and I share a new PC which replaced one running Windows 7, so I set up local accounts for each of us. We much prefer having our personal accounts be local and not tied to our regular email addresses or connected to Microsoft for everything we do. However, we would...
  4. Temporary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary account: So I have logged into the computer and then it says it has logged me into a temporary account and I watched YouTube videos yet they didn't work and then I saw that I had to go into registry so I just did it so I signed in and out yet I always got the same windows notification...
  5. Can I use a local account to partition AV software for work?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use a local account to partition AV software for work?: Hello! I've discovered that the cloud security software my work requires me to install on my machine (Carbon Black Cloud Sensor) causes some Steam games to throw an application load error when I try to launch them. I obviously can't live like this, so I'm trying to find some...
  6. Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?: I want to use Onedrive in a W10 PC but also I need a local account. Is possible? Thanks submitted by /u/Ok_Intention_4934 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgjxnx/can_i_use_onedrive_in_a_local_account/
  7. temporary account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    temporary account: I was logged into a temporary account quite a while ago and I was able to get out of it but I was presently logged back in so I followed all of the steps I was given and got out of it again and this time I made sure that everything was updated google, windows etc. but I've...
  8. temporary account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    temporary account: My computer has updated and it has put me in a temporary account even though I signed into my account when I turned my pc on. Please can you help me sign out of the temporary account and back into my old one without me having to lose any documents or photos....
  9. can Microsoft Office be used on a local account

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can Microsoft Office be used on a local account: hello new to the forum and windows 10 i recently purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 10 home. i am gradually trying to acclimate myself with windows 10 and while i like it overall like many i am not at all thrilled about the invasive nature of 10 and being forced into a...
  10. Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I use Local Account to log in but Microsoft Account for Store: Title says it all. I like to boot up and log in with no password but I want to use my Microsoft account when I am fooling with store apps. Is this possible? 14892