Windows 10: Can I use Automatic Repair command prompt to copy file to USB?

Discus and support Can I use Automatic Repair command prompt to copy file to USB? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Win 10 PC is booting into the Automatic Repair sequence (bootres.dll corrupt). I am working on repairing this. Is it possible to use the Command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaryGo, Jan 11, 2019.

1. GaryGo Win User

Can I use Automatic Repair command prompt to copy file to USB?

My Win 10 PC is booting into the Automatic Repair sequence (bootres.dll corrupt). I am working on repairing this.

Is it possible to use the Command Prompt to copy a file from a hard drive to a USB drive? I can use the DISKPART program and the disks and volumes all are "healthy".

:)

GaryGo, Jan 11, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Windows won't reset or restore, Automatic repair loop

Hi Bruno,

When the Automatic repair fails, we can suggest using the command prompt from Windows 10 Boot Options menu to run bootrec commands to fix the files the Auto Repair couldn't. Here are the steps:

• On the windows Recovery Option, choose Troubleshoot >
      Advanced Options
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Enter the following commands in the Command Prompt:
    • bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
    • bootrec.exe /fixmbr
    • bootrec.exe /fixboot
    Once the repair is done, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. Let us know the outcome, so we could provide further assistance as necessary.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jan 11, 2019
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

1. Can I use Automatic Repair command prompt to copy file to USB? - Similar Threads - Automatic Repair command

2. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  3. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  4. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  6. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  7. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Automatic Repair Command Prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Repair Command Prompt: I am trying to repair my computer in Automatic Repair on Windows 10. However, when I try to run command prompt in this mode it insists I need an administrator account, which i do not have and was actually going to create with command prompt. How do I work around this?...
  9. Cannot copy files from command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot copy files from command prompt: My Windows 10 will not load. I was going to try to reinstall it but wanted to copy some of my documents, pics, and music via C: but am getting an error message 0x80004005 trying to copy the files to USB. I am not able to get into Windows, therefore I have not been able to...
  10. using copy/paste in command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    using copy/paste in command prompt: Why can't I Paste into the command prompt box? I was trying to type a command into the command prompt box, so I though I'd save time by using "Copy/Paste", however this wouldn't work! Why? 78318

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy user profile on command prompt

2. Using CMD Prompt to Copy Files to a USB

3. command prompt copy user profile to usb