Windows 10: Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?

Discus and support Can I use Miracast to extend display screens? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop supports Miracast but my desktop doesn't. Can I purchase a Miracast dongle for my desktop and then use my desktop monitors as extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FailedPreMedStudent, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?

My laptop supports Miracast but my desktop doesn't. Can I purchase a Miracast dongle for my desktop and then use my desktop monitors as extended displays of my laptop?

submitted by /u/FailedPreMedStudent
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FailedPreMedStudent, Apr 27, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Does Miracast support 4K?

Hello,

We suggest that you check with the manufacturer of the 4k display device that you are using if it is certified to work with Miracast. If your display device is certified to work with Miracast, then check if your PC device supports Miracast. You may do so
    by following the steps below:

• Click Start, then go to Settings >
      Projecting to this PC
    • Check if your device supports Miracast.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Philips Unveils New, 23-Inch Miracast Display

MMD, the leading technology company and brand license partner for Philips Monitors, announces the brand-new 239C4QHWAB 23-inch Philips Miracast display with connectivity based on the Miracast standard, enabling users to stream mobile content wirelessly from their Android devices - and enjoy an immersive multimedia experience with vibrant colour, brilliant resolution and full HD quality.

From handheld to big screen - entertainment the Miracast way
    Nowadays households have a range of small-screen devices - and it's natural for people to want to share content from their smartphones and tablets with friends and family by streaming videos and photos to a larger screen in the home. With support for the Miracast standard, the 23-inch Philips Miracast display can mirror content from other Miracast-certified Android smartphones and tablets, enabling people to share a real-time high-definition multimedia experience.

Can I use Miracast to extend display screens? Philips_239C4QHWAB_01_thm.jpg

Miracast is activated on the display simply by clicking a button on the keypad in the base. Essentially, it is like HDMI without the cabling: there is no need for cables and connectors, and no need to clutter the clean lines of the living space with a tangle of wiring. Once Miracast is enabled on the display, and a known device is identified, everything - from the general interface to apps and videos - is duplicated in dazzling HD quality on the larger screen.

Users with non-Miracast certified devices don't have to forgo big-screen display performance, either: the Philips display also supports MHL, enabling people to hook up their mobile devices via an optional MHL cable, and watch HD videos come to life with full digital sound.

Display performance that's made for sharing
    The Philips Miracast display has a slim silhouette and offers a viewing experience that is well worth sharing. The IPS LED technology delivers excellent image and colour accuracy with an extra wide viewing angle, making it easy for friends and family to gather round and watch together. The IPS technology delivers clean, sharp images with vivid colours, ensuring maximum quality for the HD viewing experience. The Miracast display is also packed with smart features to deliver optimum display performance whatever the scenario. SmartImage, for example, analyses the content displayed on the screen and adjusts the contrast and colour accordingly. SmartKolor enhances the visual colour range on the display, and SmartContrast delivers rich detail for an immersive viewing experience.

Can I use Miracast to extend display screens? Philips_239C4QHWAB_specs_thm.jpg

Cristian_25H, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?

Brink, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Can I use Miracast to extend display screens?

1. Can I use Miracast to extend display screens? - Similar Threads - Miracast extend display

2. How can I extend my display across two screens?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I extend my display across two screens?: I´m trying to set up a second display on my partners screen and failing miserably!She has an Intel UHD Graphics 610 GPU which I am reliably informed supports dual monitors. I´ve also checked for updates and appear to be on the latest versions.I plugged monitor 1 into the VGA...
  3. How can I extend my display across two screens?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I extend my display across two screens?: I´m trying to set up a second display on my partners screen and failing miserably!She has an Intel UHD Graphics 610 GPU which I am reliably informed supports dual monitors. I´ve also checked for updates and appear to be on the latest versions.I plugged monitor 1 into the VGA...
  4. How can I extend my display across two screens?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  6. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  7. Extended displays preventing use of VR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended displays preventing use of VR: My VR was detected as a display before I disabled it, however, in order to run any VR game or VR Mode within any games settings, my VR needs to be in Direct Display Mode not Extended Display Mode which it is currently locked to with no way to change it. Windows 10 Pro x64...
  8. Is it possible to extend my pc screen that runs through Ethernet with miracast?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to extend my pc screen that runs through Ethernet with miracast?: Hey guys, hope you’re all doing well. Basically Im wondering if I could use my laptop as a secondary monitor for my main pc. My main pc is running through Ethernet, and under the “Projecting to this PC” tab in settings, it says that this device doesn’t support receiving...
  9. Screen Saver extended to multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Saver extended to multiple displays: Hello! I am running a dual monitor setup and wasn’t seem to figure out how to make my screen saver appear on both monitors. When my screen saver is enabled it shows on one monitor and not the other. Is there anyway to have it be displayed on both monitors WITHOUT changing my...
  10. Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"?: Can I use my Smart TV as an "extended display"? If so, how do I get documents / pictures to be viewed there while working in Word on laptop? I can get movies to play on TV from laptop, but am doing this as a "duplicated" screen....