Windows 10: Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

Discus and support Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Are there registry keys to disable individual app notifications? I'd like to be able to do this from the command-line so that I can do this automated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jfreemont, Nov 22, 2015.

1. jfreemont Win User

Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

Are there registry keys to disable individual app notifications? I'd like to be able to do this from the command-line so that I can do this automated instead of touching each machine.

Here is what I am talking about:

Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key? [​IMG]

:)

jfreemont, Nov 22, 2015

2. Notifications

Hello,

Check your settings. Have you verified App Notification is turned on?

To Turn On or Off All App Notifications in Settings app

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

To Turn On or Off Notifications for Individual Apps

To Turn On or Off Notification Banners for Individual Apps

Smittychat., Nov 22, 2015
  3. How do I turn off the notification that "Defender has detected and is deleting a malware intrusion?"

This would work to turn off all Notifications but I only want to turn off the Windows Defender Notifications and Windows Defender is not listed under the individual Apps.

Mark_Oakes, Nov 22, 2015
Thema:

Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key?

1. Can individual app notifications be turned off using a registry key? - Similar Threads - individual app notifications

2. Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...: From what I see, this seems to be possible on win 10 through settings>system>notifications & actions> where I can adjust each app individually. I haven't found this feature in win 11 though. The similar path of settings>system>notificatons on win 11 leads me to an option to...
  3. Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...: From what I see, this seems to be possible on win 10 through settings>system>notifications & actions> where I can adjust each app individually. I haven't found this feature in win 11 though. The similar path of settings>system>notificatons on win 11 leads me to an option to...
  4. turn off notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
    turn off notification?: How to turn off Virus and threat protection notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-notification/e41c46a2-dd78-4e3e-9311-9c73534173f0
  5. can turn off a noise notification

can turn off a noise notification: I can't turn off a noise notification - it is making a pop up noise every 5 seconds.I've been to settings and turned everything off but it keeps happening - any help is appreciated...
  6. How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn off App Notifications using Registry Editor in Windows 10: If you want to turn off notifications from specific apps using Registry Editor, here is how you can do that. While it is possible to disable Notifications for an App via Settings, you can do the same via Registry Editor in Windows 10. Apps often show notifications in the...
  7. Turning off notifications for specific apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off notifications for specific apps: So I can't help but get annoyed by banners flying out of my desktop as I prefer to keep it clean, so I turn off banners for most of the apps I have, however a few of the apps aren't showing up in the notification centre and they are still making pop up banners notifications,...
  8. Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10

Unable to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys in Windows 10: Hi , I am creating a VBscript to turn off/on "Show most used app" option using registry keys. HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_TrackProgs, But when i am changing the Start_TrackProgs value to "1" it is disabling the...
  9. Turn off notifications

Turn off notifications: How do I switch off the notifications in windows 10 on a laptop that pop up in the bottom right corner, it's like Gmail, YouTube alerts etc 112955
  10. Turn off Notifications about apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Notifications about apps: Hi there. Every 2 or 3 days, I got a notification telling me to turn off apps that reduce performance, etc. How can I turn this off for good? In prior windows version you could tell the system to turn off specific notifications. Where do you do it in Windows 10? I know how to...