Windows 10: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

Discus and support Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by throkr, Oct 5, 2015.

1. throkr Win User

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system notifications, alongside those generated from modern apps. Notifications are then grouped in the Action Center by app and time. When the Action Center gets a new notification, it will briefly show a notification banner above the taskbar notification area to let you know.

Starting with badges appearing on UWP apps on the taskbar in addition to their Live Tiles and in Action Center. These badges are lightweight notifications that are contextual and specific to individual apps. For example, the Mail apps badge shows you the number of unseen emails (not unread). The Alarms & Clock apps badge will show you that you have an active alarm. The Weather apps badge lets you know when there is a weather alert in the area.

Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 [​IMG]

This tutorial will show you how to completely turn on or off getting notifications from apps and other senders for your account in Windows 10.

*note This will not affect Windows system notifications.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Turn On or Off All Notifications from Apps and Other Senders in Settings
    • Option Two: To Turn On or Off All Notifications from Apps and Other Senders using a REG file
    • Option Three: To Turn On or Off Notifications from Specific Apps and Senders in Settings
    • Option Four: To Turn Off Notifications from Specific Apps and Senders in Action Center
    • Option Five: To Turn Off Notifications for Specific App from Notification

EXAMPLE: App notification in Action Center (bottom) and Notification banner for app (top)

OPTION ONE [/i] To Turn On or Off All Notifications from Apps and Other Senders in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Do step 3 (off) or step 4 (on) below for what you would like to do.

3. To Turn Off Notifications from Apps and Other Senders
    *note This will turn off showing notifications in the Action Center and notification banners for all apps.

When you turn off app notifications, you will not be able to turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps.

A) Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, turn off Get notifications from apps and other senders, and go to step 5 below. (see screenshot below)

4. To Turn On Notifications from Apps and Other Senders
    *note This is the default setting.

After turning on app notifications, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps in Option Three or Option Four below if you like.

A) Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, and turn on Get notifications from apps and other senders. (see screenshot below)

B) If you like, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps and senders in Option Three or Option Four below.

5. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Turn On or Off All Notifications from Apps and Other Senders using a REG file

*note This option is the same as Option One above, but uses .bat files to make the setting change instead.

The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications

ToastEnabled DWORD

0 = Turn off
    1 = Turn on

1. Do step 2 or step 3 below for what you would like to do.

2. To Turn Off Notifications from Apps and Other Senders
    *note This will turn off showing notifications in the Action Center and notification banners for all apps.

When you turn off app notifications, you will not be able to turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_Off_App_Notifications.reg

Download

3. To Turn On Notifications from Apps and Other Senders
    *note This is the default setting.

After turning on app notifications, you can now turn on or off notifications and notification banners for individual apps in Option Three or Option Four below if you like.

A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the REG file below, and go to step 4 below.

Turn_On_App_Notifications.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. sign in to apply.

8. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Turn On or Off Notifications from Specific Apps and Senders in Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Notifications & actions on the left side, turn on (default) or off notifications for apps and senders you want under Get notifications from these senders on the right side. (see screenshot below)

*note If the listed apps and senders are grayed out, then you have notifications completely turned off in Option One or Option Two above.

You will only see apps and senders listed that you had already gotten notifications from.

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Turn Off Notifications from Specific Apps and Senders in Action Center
    1. Open the action center.

2. Right click or press and hold on either the notification or group name of the app/sender (ex: Alarms & Clock) you want, and click/tap on Turn off notifications for this group. (see screenshots below)

OPTION FIVE [/i] To Turn Off Notifications for Specific App from Notification
    *note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 18932 for some Insiders in the Fast ring.
    1. When you get a notification from an app, click/tap on the Settings (gear) icon in the notification, and click/tap on Turn off all notifications for <app name>.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

throkr, Oct 5, 2015

2. Repeated Notifications

To stop repeated notifications :- go to settings then notifications and actions , turn off get notifications from apps and other senders then switch off with restart. Sign back in app notification gone.

Go to settings > notifications & actions and turn on notifications from apps and other senders, switch off then sign back in > NO APP NOTIFICATION.

Hope this helps, Neil

neildulson, Oct 5, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Photo App.

Take control by opening the Settings app and going to the Notifications & Actions section:

• To turn off all notifications from apps, move the Get notifications from apps and other senders slider to the Off position.

• To choose which apps are allowed to interrupt you, scroll down to the section headed Show Get notifications from these senders. Move the slider for an individual app to the Off position to silence all notifications from that app or feature.

For more fine-grained control over how an individual app can display notifications, click the app's entry in the Notifications list.

Source & more =>
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-dis...

PA Bear - MS MVP, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Thank you throkr. You just gotta love the constant changes. *Smile

Brink, Oct 5, 2015
  5. I have all these settings turned on and still no sound or banner. Have 2 computers with Windows 10 and the same problem on all two of them. I'm going back to 2010 Office Outlook to read my mail. At least I can get the sound using Outlook.

osubuckeye, Oct 5, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Oct 5, 2015
  7. throkr Win User
    Definitely ! *Smile (tutorial already updated : thumbs up !)

throkr, Oct 5, 2015
  8. Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10

Hi, I have isolated apps missing from the 'get notifications from these senders' list. Most apps are listed under here so they can be turned on or off but things like cortana and Facebook are missing. Any ideas or fixes that can be run and downtown break other things? I'm mainly wanting cortana to be available in the list, she works fine in start menu and I do have tidbits switched on but she just not show in the action center

Thanks, Wayne

Scottyboy99, Sep 9, 2016
  9. Hi I have Contana and Face Book both turned on, but I only get notified when it finds a new post etc, it does otherwise show up in the New Notifications, or if I have something marked on my Calendar then again it will appear.
    Sorry I cant help you more

hTconeM9user, Sep 9, 2016
  10. Thanks. It's weird because I don't have the option to turn then on. I got calendar and all the rest but just those two missing. Oh well, not end of the world

Scottyboy99, Sep 9, 2016
  11. It could be the way windows 10 was set up by the manufacturer as my Acer came like that all I had to do was update it and switch them all on.
    On the Toshiba I had it was different some were greyed out

hTconeM9user, Sep 9, 2016
  12. Edwin New Member
    @Brink:

I'm not sure if this is new to Build 14915 or if you've covered this, I haven't seen it anywhere.

'Prioritize Notifications':

Edwin, Sep 12, 2016
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 12, 2016
  14. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Sep 12, 2016
  15. Thanks everyone! I feel a bit stupid now that I realise that I simply didn't scroll down far enough on the notifications and actions page. However I have also discovered that the settings in the Facebook app are simply badly worded and that you do in fact turn off whole categories of notification when you say that you don't want more notifications like one that you have just been given. I thought it meant that you could only stop notifications related to a particular post.

ricecrispies, Feb 13, 2017
Thema:

1. Turn On or Off Notifications from Apps and Senders in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Turn Off Notifications

2. App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders": I accidentally click "turn off all notifications for *", e.g. Stretchly, and now it's not reversible. I can't find that app in notification settings. Is it possible to modify registry to get it back? Or any other workarounds?...
  3. App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App not showing in "Notification from apps and other senders": I accidentally click "turn off all notifications for *", e.g. Stretchly, and now it's not reversible. I can't find that app in notification settings. Is it possible to modify registry to get it back? Or any other workarounds?...
  4. "GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS": Under Settings>System>Notifications & Actions>Get Notifications From These Senders there follows a list of native apps and desktop apps. How is it determined which apps appear on this list? I have two Win 10 PC's with the exact same version and pretty much configured the same...
  5. Turn off notification Sound for app not listed under "Get Notification from these Senders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off notification Sound for app not listed under "Get Notification from these Senders": All the "how-to"s all mention about where to change the setting, but they never mention about Changing The Notification for the App not listed under the setting. Can anybody tell me how to turn off the notification sound for ONE specific program? Thanks...
  6. Deleting apps from Get notifications from these sender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting apps from Get notifications from these sender: I want to delete apps in Get notifications from these sender. But I'm stuck at Step #4 could someone guide me what to do next. 1. Backup file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db". 2. Install application: DB Browser for SQLite. 3....
  7. Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders'

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders': Hello dear Users, I have installed an App from ASRock for configuring the fan control in my system (ATuning.exe). The App has an Autostart function, because it is updating/refreshing the fan control settings after every restart of the system (or login of a user). When...
  8. Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notifications from Mail app in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Mail app Notification Banner and Sound in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch...
  9. Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Sound from Senders in Windows 10 The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows applications and system...
  10. Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Notification Banners from Senders in Windows 10 [img] Information The Action Center in Windows 10 collects and shows notifications and alerts from traditional Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer notification

2. how do I add apps to the Get notifications from there senders in windows10

3. How do I get my apps listed in the notifications and action section of senders

4. get notifications from these senders