Windows 10: can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily?

Discus and support can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The yellow text is norwegian and translates to: this setting is controlled by the administrator. I am the administrator on this computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rubbe_, May 23, 2020.

1. /u/Rubbe_ Win User

can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily?

/u/Rubbe_, May 23, 2020
  2. huffman Win User

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on.

I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off.
    The way I prefer (because I am older than dirt) to have instructions in steps like 1, 2,3 etc.

HELP please

thank you

huffman, May 23, 2020
  3. Jsssssssss, May 23, 2020
  4. can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily?

WINDOWS DEFENDER is turned off

Hi Ahmed,

Since you're not able to turn on Windows Defender as well, we'd like to know if you have made any changes recently prior to this issue. In the meantime, you may follow the steps below on how to turn on Windows Defender manually:

• Type Windows Defender in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Go to Settings and make sure that the Turn on real-time protection recommended option is turned on.
    Same thing with the other members who are having the same issue, we suggest that you check if the service was setup to
    Automatic in the Services option. Please follow the steps that we've provided last
    September 3, 2017.

Let us know how if you were able to turn it on properly by changing the Startup type to Automatic.

Eileen Gal, May 23, 2020
Thema:

can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily?

1. can someone help me with turning off windows defender temporarily? - Similar Threads - someone help turning

2. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: My PC is windows 10, 8 GB of RAM, CPU cooling, and I forgot the rest. My Keyboard and Mouse haven't been connecting nor my monitor. This has been happening for the past 4 months and I have watched every video on YouTube but they were no help. Someone please help me solve this...
  3. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me?: I need help the faster as posible please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me/d4888b79-6281-49f3-b4f1-4b419c8a7b68
  4. Can someone help me with Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can someone help me with Windows Defender?: So I try opening Windows Defender because I was going to check my computer for any viruses or unauthorized application and I see nothing there: So I go to windows services and see if I might have just disabled it and I only see "Windows Defender Firewall" running nothing...
  5. Can someone help me with this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me with this?: So, I reset my PC because I kept getting blue screened, and there are now these broken shortcuts on my desktop that I can't get rid of. Can these be removed, and how? submitted by /u/osu_watuurmelon [link] [comments]...
  6. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can someone help me?: I was playing Apex Legends today and I noticed I was lagging which I thought was really weird, so I checked my task manager and both my GPU and Ethernet were at 100% usage. I lowered all graphic to minimum and and the problem didn't go away. I also tried to open Valorant and...
  7. Can someone help me?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can someone help me?: Hi Everyone, I would to inform to you and ask for you help in this situation. I was trying to download this game, but it says "UPDATE YOUR DEVICE TO INSTALL THIS GAME". I went to Update and Security in the Settings and I check for updates but there wasn't any. Can a kind...
  8. Temporarily turn off protection.

Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  9. Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender

Temporarily Turn OFF Windows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...
  10. Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender

in Windows 10 Support
    Temporarily Turn OFF Winows Defender: I know I have seen how to turn Defender on or off temporariy. I have searched on the internet but NONE that have seen tell me how to turn it off or on. I have the Security Center on my Task bar but I can NOT see anything in there to allow turning Defender on and off. The way...