Windows 10: Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

Discus and support Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am not even sure the mail app is not already part of startup. It is not listed in my Task Manager Startup tab. Because I am completely ignorant on... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DavidG, Oct 5, 2015.

1. DavidG Win User

Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

I am not even sure the mail app is not already part of startup.
    It is not listed in my Task Manager Startup tab.
    Because I am completely ignorant on this subject any replies are appreciated. *Confused

:)

DavidG, Oct 5, 2015

2. can feeds be added to windows 10 mail?

Hi Cecil,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

The requirement you are looking for is currently not available in Windows 10
    Mail app.

I suggest you to post feedback on the requirement you are looking for using
    Feedback App. You can also input some of the ideas on the enhancements, additions and requirements to be made to the operating system using
    Feedback app. We will make sure the feedback given by you will be considered, worked on and released in future builds.

Write to us for further assistance regarding any windows related query, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 5, 2015
  3. cecilbdog Win User
    can feeds be added to windows 10 mail?

my feeds didn't move over to the new mail app..

cecilbdog, Oct 5, 2015
  4. Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup?

If you look in Settings and then the Privacy option, then scroll down to background apps

If Mail or Calendar are in there then they should be running at startup and constantly running
    Not sure if you can get the apps to startup in the traditional sense of showing running on taskbar

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2015
  5. DavidG Win User
    I see Calendar and People listed separately in Privacy - background apps but not Mail. In Windows 8.1 all three of these were one app in the Windows store.

So I just looked at my Windows 10 store and typed in MAIL in the search box. Mail & Calendar are listed as the same app. I found some links a the bottom of the page that might interest everyone.

Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup? [​IMG]

Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup? [​IMG]

DavidG, Oct 5, 2015
  6. DavidG Win User
    Thanks Paul I would give you some more rep but it won't let me right now. I am going to hold off on marking an answer to see if there are other opinions.

DavidG, Oct 5, 2015
  7. Hopefully someone else might know more on adding them

I am sure I read somewhere that they are splitting Calendar and Mail into separate apps (cant find where I read it now)

In background apps I see Mail & People, Calendar not shown

Too many issues with this app collection

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2015
  8. DavidG Win User

I agree, did you see the "report this app to Microsoft" link in my second image?
    Mail & calendar support and website links also.

DavidG, Oct 5, 2015
  9. I did thanks *Smile, it is getting a hammering in ratings in the store

what I have also been doing is going into the feedback app and searching for notifications, any of them relating to mail I add my vote on to them (the more votes the more seriously they might look at the app)

paulsalter, Oct 5, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can the Microsoft Mail App be added to Startup? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Mail App

2. Microsoft Mail App:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Mail App:: My mail app is not working correctly . I tried to delete it and it won't totally delete... I reinstall it and it says I own it... They keep asking my to buy Microsoft 365 as I don't have it... I really don't need it only I would like the mail app that comes with it ... any...
  3. Microsoft Mail app

Microsoft Mail app: Hello. I'm having an issue with the Microsoft Mail app. It's worked fine for two years, but yesterday it disappeared from my taskbar unexpectedly. When I loaded it up again, it did not load my emails and then disappeared form my screen again a few moments later. I've...
  4. Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.

in Browsers and Email
    Adding email addresses to W10 Mail App.: I have just resurrected an old W10 version 1909 machine for a family member to use for email and browsing. I set up the Mail App for email and she can receive, send and reply to emails just fine. However, if she tries to send a new email she has to type in the complete...
  5. Microsoft Mail app

Microsoft Mail app: Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with this, I'm going around in circles .. Scenario; Start desktop PC, Windows 10 starts normally. Open Windows 10 Mail and Calendar app to view mail. Mail app opens, it shows mail in inbox list, but no recently synced mail. Click on other...
  6. Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail

Adding gmail accounts to Microsoft mail: Hi, After updating to Win Pro 10 64 v.1809 build 17763.316 (from v. 1803), I could not sync with my gmail accounts anymore. I deleted them. I am now unable to add them back. I tried multiple solutions - including the one given in august 2018 on this forum - but I am still...
  7. Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is reportedly testing ads in Windows 10 Mail app with Insiders: With the release of subscription-based productivity software Office 365 back in 2011, Microsoft introduced a ton of great features to it and its related apps. The Office 365 subscription removes ads from Outlook’s website and allows users to access several advanced features....
  8. Adding email to mail app

Adding email to mail app: I am trying to add another email to my mail app on my HP envy laptop but it keeps coming up with a error "something went wrong, error code...etc" I have added other emails with no trouble but I cant figure why this one wont work? My business partner has set it up on there...
  9. Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is testing ads in Windows 10’s default Mail app: Microsoft has always been showing useful ads in Windows 10 and the company now seems to advertise third-party apps and services in the default Mail app. Ads in Windows 10 Mail app is not a new thing as a little while ago the company displayed a small ad in the lower left...
  10. Mail App adding folders

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App adding folders: Can you create folders in the Mail App? Thanks 8315