Windows 10: Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since...

Discus and support Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RoiteTrom36 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RoiteTrom36, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since...

/u/RoiteTrom36, Jan 15, 2020
  2. A. User Win User

Using Surface Go as an external display for Surface Book 2

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, could you please let us know how exactly you are trying to connect the Surface Book to Surface Go?

If both devices are on the same network, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to configure Surface Go as a portable Monitor and check.

1. Go to Settings in Surface Go.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Projecting to this PC.
    4. Select Available everywhere or
      Available everywhere on secure networks
      in the drop down menu under
      Windows PCs and phones to this PC when you say it’s OK
    5. Select First time only or
      Every time a connection is requested
      in the drop down menu under
      Ask to project to this PC
    6. Turn on the Required PIN for paring, if it is prompted.
    7. Make sure you turn off the switch
      This PC can be discovered for projection only when it is plugged in as you will use your Surface PC as a portable display.
    8. Then click on Yes.
    9. Then try following steps to project display on Surface Book 2.
    10. Click on Action Center.
    11. Click on Connect button.
    12. Select the name of wireless display (Surface Go).
    13. Check the box behind Allow mouse, keyboard, touch and pen input from this device.
    14. Then press Windows + P key and try Extend or other options and check if it is working.

You may also want to refer
    Trouble connecting Surface to a second screen

Connect Surface to a TV, monitor, or projector
    and

Fix connections to wireless displays or docks
    for more details.

We await your response.

A. User, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book - Feb. 13

Source: Updates for Surface Pro and Surface Book (13 February 2018) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since...

Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 - April 5th 2017

Source: Updates for Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 (05 April 2017) Surface

See also:

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since...

1. Can us Surface Book users get together and demand a fix for this? It's been going on since... - Similar Threads - Surface Book users

2. How can I ever talk to a person since the refurbished surface books I keep getting sent...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I ever talk to a person since the refurbished surface books I keep getting sent...: I sent in my original surface book which had a dead fan after less than 18 months and wouldn't stay on. I sent it in and paid to expedite because I am in school and need a computer. I eventually received a computer that was also broken. The screen did not properly attach to...
  3. Why Bitlocker is not fully functional on Surface Book and Surface Go laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Bitlocker is not fully functional on Surface Book and Surface Go laptops: I own five computers, 3 Dell's, one Surface Book3 and one Surface Go2. All of them running windows 10. I set the Bitlocker feature on all my computers. On my Dell computers, Bitlocker is fully managed by me, the owner and administrator. The Surface Book and the Surface Go are...
  4. Why Bitlocker is not fully functional on Surface Book and Surface Go laptops

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Bitlocker is not fully functional on Surface Book and Surface Go laptops: I own five computers, 3 Dell's, one Surface Book3 and one Surface Go2. All of them running windows 10. I set the Bitlocker feature on all my computers. On my Dell computers, Bitlocker is fully managed by me, the owner and administrator. The Surface Book and the Surface Go are...
  5. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: I cannot install chrome browser on my Surface Book https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book/cda81878-dcdf-4625-9a44-7fe9e31ab73b
  6. Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Go 2, Surface Book 3, Surface Headphones 2 and Surface Earbuds: Available for preorder today, new Surface devices and accessories are designed to help you work, learn, connect and play from anywhere [ATTACH] The way we work, connect and learn continues to change right in front of us. Our devices have become our window to the world...
  7. Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Surface Pro or Surface Book Camera not working: [ATTACH] There are many who would use their laptop camera for an online meeting or live streaming or maybe just call their loved ones to for celebration, and if that camera stops working, there is much of trouble. If Surface Pro [...] This post Fix Surface Pro or Surface...
  8. Surface Book

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book: can I download icloud onto my Surface Book and if so how? want to import pics stored there from my iPhone. tried to trf directrly from the iPhone but they are held as optimised files and don't have enough storage to de-optimised if that makes sense. hope you can help....
  9. Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 go on sale today

in Windows 10 News
    Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 go on sale today: [img] The team and I could not be more pumped today. Today Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book go on sale in the US and Canada! It’s been three years exactly since we launched the first Surface and it’s really amazing how far the product family has come in that time. We’ve...
  10. New Surface Book and Surface Dial go on sale today

in Windows 10 News
    New Surface Book and Surface Dial go on sale today: A year ago, we announced Surface Book for customers who sought the versatility of a 2:1 device but yearned for a more familiar laptop form factor. The reception this product received was nothing short of amazing. While the existing product is perfect for most people, there is...