Windows 10: CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?

Discus and support CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello everybody, in the last months, with the last Windows 10 updates I've seen how my laptop has become more and more slow. I have Kaspersky... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DRASTOKLOP, Oct 13, 2019.

1. CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?

Hello everybody,

in the last months, with the last Windows 10 updates I've seen how my laptop has become more and more slow.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed in it with a high level detection configuration (deep scan and real protection).

In the last week, I have realized that two processes appeared in the Task Manager, almost continously, with a high load level:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gaEUJ0n320kxa0RzcdnjoQQu4HwPP2Cu/view?usp=sharing

I can understand the high load of the Antivirus. But some years ago (I think it was when passing from W8 to W10 OS) I disabled Windows Defender already.

I have it disabled in Windows Security:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dI6fzlwla2Ctkjiz1TzZKwR9Emt4lhpA/view?usp=sharing

I have also "Enabled" the “Disable Windows Defender” througt the Local Policies and I created also the registry entry /key DisableAntiSpyware with value 1,... both methods explained at this post.

https://www.genbeta.com/paso-a-paso/como-desactivar-windows-defender-completo

And this had worked in the past. But now, despite this and like you can see in the screenshot of the first link, I have the process "Executable Antimalware Software (Windows Defender Antivirus Service) running permanently.

And the worst is that, when trying to deactivate it, the process appears in grey and I can't stop it nor disable it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16eI4YJoT69_R2yjmN1dk4vpwsGEbnNmj/view?usp=sharing

My question is: currently, with the major updates of Windows 10 in the last times and the new features (telemetry, forced updates, etc), is it still possible to disable Windows Defendert totally and permanently ? Because if it's still possible I don´t understand why I can´t.

Or maybe I'm missing something?

I would be very pleased if someone could bring me some light to this issue because I don´t understand what's happening.

Thanks in advance.

Regards from the sunny Spain (European Union)

:)

DRASTOKLOP, Oct 13, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2019
  3. Winuser Win User

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER? [​IMG]

Winuser, Oct 13, 2019
  4. XweAponX Win User

CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?

Thanks a hell of a lot! I didn't know it turned itself back on after disabling it in Settings, this am when I got up it had deleted something important. I can't afford this happening, even with "exclusions", cos it seems that once something gets swallowed into Defender, you can't get it out of quarantine.

I just did this, Can I get in there and shut off the service now, too? Ah, it's shut off now, but I wanna get rid of the little defender icon. Defender is the one thing left over from earlier versions of Windows I totally despise, although I did use it in Windows 8 for the longest time.

XweAponX, Oct 13, 2019
Thema:

CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?

1. CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER? - Similar Threads - TOTALLY PERMANENTLY DISABLE

2. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  3. Total AV Disabled windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Total AV Disabled windows Defender: I have total AV installed on my computer, but it will not enable real time protection. Would it be windows defender is stopping it from working, and if I disable defender would it then work??thankscurly...
  4. Disable Windows Defender Permanently

Disable Windows Defender Permanently: Unlike most reasons for shutting off Defender mine is different. I am using a program called CNC12 from Centroid. Defender running in the background causes errors in the machining process. I cannot install any other antivirus software because it will cause the same issues. I...
  5. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  6. How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "permanently" disable Windows Defender?: Hey friends! I have been trying to disable Windows Defender for 2 days but none of the casual methods on internet works. It just keeps opening up, drives me crazy. I want to close it just because I should be able to do it. What happened to Microsoft? Things were not like that...
  7. Permanently disable Windows Defender

Permanently disable Windows Defender: I have a media server running on my internal network and it NEVER access the Internet. So, I have no AV running on it. You can say that is STUPID if you want, but it's what I want for this machine. I have a shortcut on the desktop to a Powershell script that invokes the...
  8. Permanently disable windows defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Permanently disable windows defender?: How do i permanently disable this? It prevents me from playing cs. submitted by /u/naxelk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1as9p/permanently_disable_windows_defender/
  9. Permanently disabling Windows defender

Permanently disabling Windows defender: System Config: DELL Latitude E6410 Core i3 M380 2.53GHz 4 GB Ram Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) Version 1809 OS Build 17763.134 Is there a way to Permanently disable Windows defender? Off late there are times when my system comes to a stand still. Forget playing a game doing...
  10. Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?: I'm on build 10074 of Windows 10 and cannot find a way to permanently disable Windows Defender. When I go to Control Panel > Windows Defender > Settings, it brings up the new Windows 10 System Settings app which gives an option to turn "Real-time protection" off. However, the...