Windows 10: Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

Discus and support Can Windows (old) folder be deleted in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If you like, you could use the "Take Ownership" context menu from the tutorial below to make it easier to take ownership of them, and hopefully be able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WolfCreek, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

If you like, you could use the "Take Ownership" context menu from the tutorial below to make it easier to take ownership of them, and hopefully be able to delete afterwards.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Sep 16, 2015
  2. PJLLB Win User

Thanks. I ran the reg file and implemented the take ownership. I then rebooted in safe mode + command prompt. I was able to delete a few files, bot mostly I'm still getting "Access Denied."

PJLLB, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can Windows (old) folder be deleted

1. Can Windows (old) folder be deleted - Similar Threads - old folder deleted

2. Can't delete old Windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete old Windows folder: Hello, I bought a new NVME driver, and placed it in the primary slot. The old NVME with Win10 installation is now in the second NVME slot.I installed Windows 11 on the new driver.I didn't format old driver because I still need a lot of files on it. But I would like to free...
  3. Can't delete old Windows folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete old Windows folder: Hello, I bought a new NVME driver, and placed it in the primary slot. The old NVME with Win10 installation is now in the second NVME slot.I installed Windows 11 on the new driver.I didn't format old driver because I still need a lot of files on it. But I would like to free...
  4. Windows 11 deleting Old windows folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 deleting Old windows folder: Hi, I have windows 11 installed and wanted to know if I were to delete the old windows folder for windows 10 will it affect my computer when I have to reset it or factory reset it....
  5. Windows 11 deleting Old windows folder

Windows 11 deleting Old windows folder: Hi, I have windows 11 installed and wanted to know if I were to delete the old windows folder for windows 10 will it affect my computer when I have to reset it or factory reset it....
  6. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  7. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  8. Deleting old windowsapps folder

9. Old Windows folder delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...
  10. Cant delete windows old folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cant delete windows old folder: I have a 20GB file on my desktop called windows old. It won’tlet me delete manually. I have tried disc clean up, clean system files but thePrevious Windows installation(s) does not appear. The location is C:\Users\Newsmall laptop\Desktop. The file was created on 30 ‎October...