Windows 10: Cannot access controlled folder access

Discus and support Cannot access controlled folder access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 on 8th August Handbrake video converter is unable to write to any folder. I have read this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Milzee999, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Milzee999 Win User

Cannot access controlled folder access

Since installing Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 on 8th August Handbrake video converter is unable to write to any folder. I have read this is probably due to controlled folder access being enabled by version 1903 but when I try to access controlled folder access I get a message saying: "Your IT administrator as limited access to some areas of this app" and the app doesn't open. This is a private PC owned by me and I am the administrator. How can I get access to controlled folder access to see if it is switched on?

:)

Milzee999, Aug 15, 2019
  2. Jsssssssss, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Controlled folder access Problem

I want to use ( Controlled folder access ) for my custom folders like system 32,
    but want to remove the default folders like the desktop folder .
    Found in :
    windows defender > windows defender security center > virus & threat protection >
    virus & threat protection settings > Controlled folder access :

Sometimes I cant save or edit things at the desktop with Controlled folder access On.
    Yet if turned Off ; then I cant protect my custom folders.

Hows protecting the desktop more important than system 32 ?

Asking for advice to get around this by any means, to delete the default list, so only my custom folders remain in the control access list.

OtherWay1982, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Cannot access controlled folder access

1. Cannot access controlled folder access - Similar Threads - Cannot access controlled

2. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  3. controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
    controlled folder access: When trying to open Controlled Folder Access, a window opened that said the IT administrator had restricted access to this page. The computer is my personal PC and I have no IT Administrator. How do I retrieve access to this page?...
  4. Cannot accesses Controlled Folder Accesses

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot accesses Controlled Folder Accesses: Cannot access Controlled Folder Accesses because there is an issue with Ransomware Protection I get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-accesses-controlled-folder-accesses/5481afc3-960d-4447-a2e0-11ac32b07d64
  5. Cannot accesses Controlled Folder Accesses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot accesses Controlled Folder Accesses: Cannot access Controlled Folder Accesses because there is an issue with Ransomware Protection I get this message: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-accesses-controlled-folder-accesses/5481afc3-960d-4447-a2e0-11ac32b07d64
  6. Cannot accesses Controlled Folder Accesses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. controlled folder access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    controlled folder access: My real-time protection, cloud-delivered protection, automatic sample submission, tamper protections all are off. I try to on it. but it doesn't work. It says to on the controlled folder access. but when I try to on that option. it doesn't work. It says, "protects files,...
  8. CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CONTROLLED FOLDER ACCESS: MY CONTOLLED FOLDER ACCESS WILL NOT TURN ON https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/controlled-folder-access/7c2fdde9-b968-47ee-88b5-b8411d7e02b9
  9. Controlled Folder Access

Controlled Folder Access: Trying to use Controlled Folder access on a couple of machines. I am running into an issue where after about a day defender notifications no longer appear in the action center nor are they logged by defender in event viewer. If i look in event viewer at the defender...
  10. Controlled folder access

Controlled folder access: For the last week the controlled folder access is blocking my Quicken program from updating or downloading anything. When I click on the notice it takes me to the allow app but when I open that to choose to allow app nothing is there! I really need to use my Quicken. How do...