Windows 10: Cannot access the Sound control panel

Discus and support Cannot access the Sound control panel in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got to run out for awhile. If sfc doesn't fix it, you can then run Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DENMON, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Tony K Win User

Cannot access the Sound control panel

I've got to run out for awhile. If sfc doesn't fix it, you can then run Run SFC Command in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials .

If that doesn't do it, perform what I posted in post #4. If by chance after rebooting the driver doesn't reload, install it with the one you downloaded.

I'll check in in a few hours. Of course there are others here to help as well. Good luck.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  2. Tony K Win User

Not the worse thing, but not good either. Do the DISM one I posted.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  3. DENMON Win User
    I uninstalled the microphone since it was under audio... how do I get it back?

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Just got done with a shower and have a few minutes. Thought I'd peek in.

Sorry, didn't think of that. Unplug it and plug it back in. Did you reinstall the Realtek driver?

How'd it go with DISM?

Now that you have your system information, it would help if you filled out your system specs in your profile here by clicking on the Settings button on the top of any forum page, then look in the left column. It does help a lot.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  5. DENMON Win User
    I filled in the info I could. Rebooting the audio didn't do anything. Also, what is DISM again, sorry.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Yes I see. I suggest you use Custom built for the Manufacturer/Model Number. All Series is confusing. Was that the company name of the woman that built it?

Sorry again. I linked the sfc tutorial again. I guess I goofed on the copy/paste. It's Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

Did you reinstall the Realtek driver? If so, did it fix the issue?

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  7. DENMON Win User
    Okay I'll do that; the person that built the PC wasn't under any company. Also I just found a Realtek thing under Sound, video, and game controllers, but I can't get it back. Now the sound is coming from my monitor and I can't change it.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  8. DENMON Win User

I found a *Warning under "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus"!!! Sorry I didn't notice this before.

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Right click that, and post what is in the description.

f14tomcat, Sep 27, 2017
  10. Tony K Win User
    That's ok. Right click on it a post what it says.

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    didn't I just say that?

f14tomcat, Sep 27, 2017
  12. DENMON Win User
    Where can I find the description? I assume under Properties but nothing is popping up. Should I try looking for an update?

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Looks like this, under properties. This is only an example.

Whatever it says. Post it.

Cannot access the Sound control panel [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Sep 27, 2017
  14. Tony K Win User
    If you uninstalled everything there, then all you'll see is "Audio inputs and outputs".

Did you load the Realteck driver?

Tony K, Sep 27, 2017
  15. DENMON Win User
    Ya but nothing happens when I press properties, just like if I was trying to access the sound panel

DENMON, Sep 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Cannot access the Sound control panel - Similar Threads - Cannot access Sound

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I cannot access the NVIDIA control panel: I have uninstalled the driver, reinstalled the driver multiple times, updated the driver, downloaded a device driver uninstall/cleanup tool, reinstalled windows and I still cannot access the NVIDIA control panel. I keep getting the message saying "NVIDIA display settings are...
  5. Control Panel Sounds: not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Control Panel Sounds: not working: Hope the screenshot is clear: [img] In fact the window seems unfamiliar; shouldn't it have check boxes showing which actions have been set? If it's relevant this is Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) - - - Updated - - - OK, sorted thanks. I found a suggestion to update...
  6. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  7. Control Panel Sounds

Control Panel Sounds: Device Disconnect makes a sound while computer is in sleep mode. How do I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/control-panel-sounds/4c65c3d3-48e9-43c9-8531-bb29344b98a1
  8. Cannot open sound settings from control panel

Cannot open sound settings from control panel: Hello, for the longest time I have been unable to open the sound settings in the control panel. My sound works perfectly fine and I can change the speaker and microphone through other methods. I can here sound and my microphone works fine but since windows 10 I am unable to...
  9. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...