Windows 10: Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

Discus and support Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xuebao61, Oct 11, 2016.

1. xuebao61 Win User

Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed at the correct executable, moved the short cuts up a directory and then back to the Programs folder. I have restarted my machine since then, and I'm not quite sure where I'm going wrong.

:)

xuebao61, Oct 11, 2016

2. Can't add shortcuts to all apps in start menu

Hello,

I understand your concern. please follow the below simple steps, and check.

Refer to the suggestion provided by Shawn 'cmdr' Keene [MVP] replied on August 5, 2015 from the below link
    How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

How to ADD a shortcut to "All Apps" menus in Start Menu W10

Do let us know the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Oct 11, 2016
  3. #Jersern Win User
    Can't add shortcuts to all apps in start menu

Hi there,

I'm having some difficulties trying to add shortcuts onto my all apps drawer and all help will be greatly appreciated! Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu :)

When I add a shortcut into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, the short cut appears as a pinned tile on the start menu and not as a shortcut in the all apps drawer. How could I rectify this?

Cheers!

#Jersern, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

There are two places that I've used successfully.
    For an individual user: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    For all users: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

How are you creating the shortcuts? I make them on my desktop then copy (or cut) and paste them into Programs.
    Perhaps it helps that my account is an administrator?

There's a tutorial on this: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

5. xuebao61 Win User
    I do it the same way you seem to, and my account is also an admin. I had actually look at the linked article before as well. I'll try doing it through the ProgramData method.

xuebao61, Oct 11, 2016
  6. xuebao61 Win User
    I just retried it by making a new shortcut. It worked. No idea why it didn't before.

xuebao61, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu - Similar Threads - Cannot add shortcuts

2. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  3. Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?

Add a group for app shortcuts on the start menu?: The start menu has groups of apps on the right side, e.g., Productivity, Explore, etc. How do I add a group of my own choosing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-group-for-app-shortcuts-on-the-start-menu/a88f905f-d124-4ae8-a862-50aacdc38d71
  4. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  5. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home: My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start...
  6. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  7. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986
  8. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  9. Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken shortcut on Start Menu program list: I found a broken shortcut on my account's Start Menu program list, located all the way on the bottom. [img] Right-clicking and uninstalling doesn't do anything. I tried some of the solutions found online and most of them don't work. Is there any way for me to fix this...
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...