Windows 10: Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

Discus and support Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using an earlier verified answer to detect which driver was causing BOSD and now I am unable to boot the comouter at all. I do recieve the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LocalJanitorStan, May 23, 2020.

1. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

I was using an earlier verified answer to detect which driver was causing BOSD and now I am unable to boot the comouter at all. I do recieve the crash message but it does not show which driver was the culprit. Additionally, if I launch in safe mode my password does not work and I have tried using the on screen keyboard with no success. System restore is not the best option for me since a different microsoft account was used for the original purchase of the computer. Is there a better way to turn off driver verifier?

Methods

X safe mode password issues

X cmd prompt "verifier /reset"

X cmd prompt "verifier /bootmode reseton..." seems to be accepted but on restart does not stop the crash.

:)

LocalJanitorStan, May 23, 2020
  2. Dims Win User

Computer does not boot after Driver Verifier: unable to use it

I ran Driver Verifier, selected all drivers and reboot.

Now computer doesn't boot. It enters diagnostic screen with many icons, some of them suggesting to reinstall Windows.

Is it possible to recover?

UDPATE

Driver Verifier is a built-in feature of Microsoft.

UPDATE 2

Finally I got the following regularities:

1) If I select all drivers in Driver Verifier, I get windows just not boot with black screen or entering diagnostic mode.

2) If I select part of drivers, then I get BSOD with DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. I tried to sord drivers by vendor name and select all before Microsoft and all after Microsoft (excluding MS).

Looks like by some reason I can use Driver Verifier at all!

3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD hidclass.syss with verifier enabled

Hi DocSams,

Could you upload the memory dump, C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp, to onedrive and post a share link. The minidumps provided severely lack in data.

If you haven't yet, please disable driver verifier.
    Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:

4. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

1. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier - Similar Threads - Cannot boot computer

2. Did driver verifier, PC wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did driver verifier, PC wont boot: So I had a problem with blue screens and followed similar topics with solutions. That led me to do a driver verifier now my PC wont boot at all and are stuck at a blackscreen. Tried to advanced startup but doesn't work either....
  3. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  4. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  5. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Secure boot, PIN only, driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot, PIN only, driver verifier: I encrypted my drive with BITLOCKER PIN while not saving the recovery key and had secure boot enabled, then I restarted and enabled driver verifier with all options on all drivers. I cannot get into my computer anymore. : Help....
  7. Secure boot, PIN only, driver verifier

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Secure boot, PIN only, driver verifier: I encrypted my drive with BITLOCKER PIN while not saving the recovery key and had secure boot enabled, then I restarted and enabled driver verifier with all options on all drivers. I cannot get into my computer anymore. : Help....
  8. Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode: Hi, everyone, In search of a problem that was causing Win 10 to lock up on my XPS13 9343, I enabled driver verifier. Predictably, this is now generating BSODs. This is the expected diagnostic behavior, I gather. The problem is, I have not been able to to get into Windows in...
  9. The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors

in Windows 10 News
    The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors: [ATTACH]The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors message appears […] This article The operating system cannot be booted because of important system driver errors first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Driver verifier boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver verifier boot loop: ~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started getting IRQL NOT LESS OR...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. verifier can not boot

2. cant boot pc after driver verifier

3. Driver Verifier cannot boot