Windows 10: Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

Discus and support Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was using an earlier verified answer to detect which driver was causing BOSD and now I am unable to boot the comouter at all. I do recieve the crash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LocalJanitorStan, May 23, 2020.

1. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

I was using an earlier verified answer to detect which driver was causing BOSD and now I am unable to boot the comouter at all. I do recieve the crash message but it does not show which driver was the culprit. Additionally, if I launch in safe mode my password does not work and I have tried using the on screen keyboard with no success. System restore is not the best option for me since a different microsoft account was used for the original purchase of the computer. Is there a better way to turn off driver verifier?

Methods

X safe mode password issues

X cmd prompt "verifier /reset"

X cmd prompt "verifier /bootmode reseton..." seems to be accepted but on restart does not stop the crash.

:)

LocalJanitorStan, May 23, 2020
  2. Dims Win User

Computer does not boot after Driver Verifier: unable to use it

I ran Driver Verifier, selected all drivers and reboot.

Now computer doesn't boot. It enters diagnostic screen with many icons, some of them suggesting to reinstall Windows.

Is it possible to recover?

UDPATE

Driver Verifier is a built-in feature of Microsoft.

UPDATE 2

Finally I got the following regularities:

1) If I select all drivers in Driver Verifier, I get windows just not boot with black screen or entering diagnostic mode.

2) If I select part of drivers, then I get BSOD with DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION. I tried to sord drivers by vendor name and select all before Microsoft and all after Microsoft (excluding MS).

Looks like by some reason I can use Driver Verifier at all!

3. axe0 Win User
    BSOD hidclass.syss with verifier enabled

Hi DocSams,

Could you upload the memory dump, C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp, to onedrive and post a share link. The minidumps provided severely lack in data.

If you haven't yet, please disable driver verifier.
    Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:

4. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

1. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier - Similar Threads - Cannot boot computer

2. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  3. Cannot Verify Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Verify Microsoft Account: After Clicking verify I am greeted with this message even though my internet is working perfectly [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-verify-microsoft-account/36a8ae37-04ae-4f3f-a4ae-2c92177532a2
  4. Driver verifier

Driver verifier: Hi, I have recently used driver verifier to try and find if one of my drivers is buggy, however when i get a bsod it still comes up with messages like critical process died, unexpected store exception etc. I havent got any driver verifier stop code, does this mean my bsods...
  5. BSOD after Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883
  6. Driver verifier boot loop

Driver verifier boot loop: ~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started getting IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  7. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...
  8. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...
  9. Windows Driver Verifier BSOD

Windows Driver Verifier BSOD: So I have an old Alienware Aurora R1 and after about 5 years the liquid cooling tube burst and fried the motherboard. I figured it was time for an upgrade anyway, but I liked the case and didn't want to buy a new PC. So I got an ASRock Z97M Pro4 with an Intel Core-i5 4690K. I...
  10. Driver verify question

Driver verify question: I've been having BSOD crashes for a few weeks now on my 10 year old HP desktop running Vista. I ran the BSOD app, reported and told that my problem was a driver and to run the Verify program and click Intel. I could not find Intel on the list so I checked everything that said...