Windows 10: Cannot change sign in screen background

Discus and support Cannot change sign in screen background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Not even asking for help just why. Windows 11 maybe you'll get background images working? What is wrong with you? How many technical manuals do I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jriririir, Jan 3, 2019.

1. jriririir Win User

Cannot change sign in screen background

Not even asking for help just why. Windows 11 maybe you'll get background images working? What is wrong with you? How many technical manuals do I have to read to change the background? Best lead I saw before giving up had something to do with the registry editor, I don't really know anything about all of that. Should I though to change the damned background image? wtf worthless

:)

jriririir, Jan 3, 2019

2. Changing the background scene on the sign-in screen

Hi,

Windows 10 lets you use the lock screen picture as the background picture of the sign-in screen. For you to change the picture on your sign-in screen, you need to change your
    Lock screen picture first, see steps below:

• Go to the Settings, then Personalization.
    • Under Background section, click on the drop down and choose
      Picture
    • Select Lock screen, under Choose your picture section, click on
      Browse and select your desired picture.
    • Make sure to turn on the Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 3, 2019
  3. How to change sign-in screen (NOT lock screen) background?

Yes you can change the sign-in screen background.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots

from this guide

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then
    Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then
    Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. Cannot change sign in screen background :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot change sign in screen background - Similar Threads - Cannot change sign

2. Sign In Screen Background Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign In Screen Background Issue: Dear and respected MS Community and Experts,Please be kind and provide me with a solution to a problem i've been trying to solve for some time now but to no prevail yet, the problem is that in lock screen settings i have chosen a picture to be displayed and also put ON the...
  3. Sign In Screen Background Issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Screen Background Issue: Dear and respected MS Community and Experts,Please be kind and provide me with a solution to a problem i've been trying to solve for some time now but to no prevail yet, the problem is that in lock screen settings i have chosen a picture to be displayed and also put ON the...
  4. Changing on-screen backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing on-screen backgrounds: Okay, remember that I am a tech "dinosaur".With Windows 7, I could go into "backgrounds"and CHOOSE which pictures I wanted as my background, on my monitor/display.The pictures that I UN-checked would not be used, by my "display.IN Windows 10, however, I cannot find sucha...
  5. Cannot change lock screen background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change lock screen background: So recently i was following a tutorial to make my windows 10 look more like windows 7. my cousin has windows 7 and i didnt want him to feel left out so i did what i could to make it look like 7. I got classic shell and then when personalizing it to make it feel like 7 I...
  6. Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in

Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in: When I booted up my Toshiba Windows 10 this morning, the normal sign-in screen with the default changing-image Microsoft background was replaced by a blown-out image of a "Windows sign-in" box pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/q86fIRk.jpg. Typically, you click somewhere on...
  7. Cannot change the sign in screen image

Cannot change the sign in screen image: Also, I check the option "show lockscreen background picture on the sign-in screen", but it doesn't show the lockscreen image in my sign in screen (after restart or power up the computer), it showed the color which I picked my accent color...
  8. Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing

Lock Screen and Sign-in Background not changing: Hi, I will try to explain the problem precisely I have the "Show lock-screen background picture on the sign-in screen" enabled, and they have the same background which is good, but the problem is I can't change the background, I have set the "Background" setting to...
  9. I cannot change my lock screen background

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot change my lock screen background: After installing one of the feature updates (I believe it was the Fall Creators Update, build 1709), my lock screen background cannot change to a custom picture. I am limited to the six inbox pictures that come with Windows 10. If I try to browse for a picture of my own, or...
  10. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change for @ sign