Windows 10: Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

Discus and support Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Using the Dark theme. Problem is, when I press the Start Button and start typing anything, it all turns bright (white/light gray). Issue is described... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmigaRoots, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

Using the Dark theme. Problem is, when I press the Start Button and start typing anything, it all turns bright (white/light gray). Issue is described perfectly here:

How to change color of search menu in Start to black?

I tried the suggestions there (region change / registry) but they didn't work. It seems, only enabling a High Contrast theme can change this but it's an overkill workaround.

Any ideas? Thank you.

(Windows 10 1903 x64 Pro)

:)

AmigaRoots, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

How to change the color for the Cortana settings menu?

Hi Rohit,

As per your description, I understand that you would like to change the color of Cortana settings page.

I would like to inform you that it is not possible to change the color of Cortana settings page. However you may change the color of the Taskbar and the Start menu.

Step 1:
    Right-click on desktop and then click Personalize.

Step 2: In the left-pane, click
    Colors to see various settings on the right.

Step 3: On the right-side, turn on the option labelled
    Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center. Make sure that the first option labelled
    Automatically pick an accent color from my background is turned
    off

I also suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

Hope the information helps. Please do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search)

1. Cannot change Start Menu results color? (aka Cortana search) - Similar Threads - Cannot change Start

2. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  3. Tweak start menu search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tweak start menu search results: I use search constantly and keep my machine well indexed. Search generally works pretty well, but sometimes the results are very.. counter intuitive. For example, without fail, if I search "Desktop" the Best Match is always Remote Desktop Connection, rather than Desktop which...
  4. no cortana search results

in Cortana
    no cortana search results: no cortana search results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-cortana-search-results/a8802319-d2a3-432d-a63b-cd0b4a5885c2
  5. Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot type in Start Menu, Cortana Search, Settings, etc.: Hello. This has been an issue for me for a while now, and I've gotten sick of ignoring it. As the title states, I'm unable to type in the start menu, cortana, or anywhere in Settings/System info. However, I CAN type in Windows Explorer, cmd, run, and nearly everything else....
  6. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  7. Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search

in Cortana
    Not getting web results in Search or Start Menu search: Hi; on some Windows 10 installations (and indeed, even on my other user account), I get web search results when I press the Start key on my keyboard and then type into the search box. For example, "32 F in C" will yield 0° C. This isn't happening on one of my accounts. As...
  8. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/Start Menu search results zoomed out accidentally: My 1 year old child was mashing the keyboard and now I can't get the search results to show normal size anymore. It's currently unusable. See screenshot. [img] 80241