Windows 10: Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

Discus and support Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Color of Search Box on Taskbar to White in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by DrSysop, Dec 1, 2017.

1. DrSysop Win User

Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10

How to: Change Color of Search Box on Taskbar to White in Windows 10

Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903.

Information Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows.

Starting with show a search box on the taskbar instead of an icon.

The default color of the search box will be a faded version of the show on the taskbar.

This tutorial will how you how to change the color of the search box on taskbar to white for your account in Windows 10.

Note The downloadable .bat files below will modify the Current and RotateFlight DWORD values to 0 in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting

The downloadable .bat files below will also add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search\Flighting\0\WhiteSearchBox

Value DWORD

0 = Default search box color
    1 = White search box color

EXAMPLE: Default and white Cortana search box on taskbar

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (white) or step 3 (default) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Use White Cortana Search Box Color
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

White_Cortana_Search_Box_Color.bat

Download

3. To Use Default Cortana Search Box Color
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the BAT file below, and go to step 4 below.

Default_Cortana_Search_Box_Color.bat

Download
    4. Save the .bat file to your desktop.

5. Unblock the .bat file.

6. Run the .bat file.

7. You will now notice your screen flicker and a command prompt quickly open and close as explorer is restarted to apply the registry changes.

8. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .bat file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

DrSysop, Dec 1, 2017
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 1, 2017
  3. Shawn Brink, Dec 1, 2017
  4. Win7ine Win User

Change your Region to say "Vanuatu" where Cortana is not available and click on the Search Window, you will be told that Cortana is not available, switch back to your Country and click on the search field again. This will resolve it. May have to do it several times.

Win7ine, Dec 1, 2017
  5. hyber Win User
    hyber, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Color of Cortana Search Box to White in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change Color Cortana

2. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  3. Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Box Automatically changing it's color.: Hi Everyone !Quite recently, I'm getting this issue in my System. I have dark theme enabled by default, and the normal color of my search box on the taskbar is black, but as soon as I :1. Start the system2. Run ANY application literally, any applicationThe search box...
  4. Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Black Theme is one of the favorite themes of Windows 10 users, and if you see anything which is white it gets annoying. Take a case of Taskbar which is usually dark, but when you look at Cortana search [...] This post Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows...
  5. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...
  6. Cortana/Search field color changing from default gray to white

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana/Search field color changing from default gray to white: I thought I would post this and see if anyone has a real solution. Yesterday I noticed that after my morning startup the color of the Cortana/Search field was no longer it's default gray but was now white. I had made no changed to my PC (i.e. no system updates, no new...
  7. Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Color in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana on your taskbar...
  8. Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Text Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in Cortana...
  9. Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Highlight Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching in...
  10. Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10: How to: Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 How to Change Cortana Search Box Background Transparency in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial will no longer work starting with Windows 10 version 1903. [img] Information Searching...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search text color

2. cortana search color to black in win 10

3. reduce size of cortana box

4. cortana white colour dowload,
  5. how to change color of search box,
  6. win 10 cortana search bar color black how to change,
  7. change windows 10 search box color,
  8. change cortana search box color,
  9. how to change the color of cortana search box tp black,
  10. why did the cortana search screen dounle in size