Windows 10: Cannot copy files from command prompt

Discus and support Cannot copy files from command prompt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 will not load. I was going to try to reinstall it but wanted to copy some of my documents, pics, and music via C: but am getting an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by K. Lynn Berry, May 10, 2019.

1. Cannot copy files from command prompt

My Windows 10 will not load. I was going to try to reinstall it but wanted to copy some of my documents, pics, and music via C: but am getting an error message 0x80004005 trying to copy the files to USB. I am not able to get into Windows, therefore I have not been able to change permission on my files I am trying to copy. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

K. Lynn Berry, May 10, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, May 10, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

4. dalchina Win User

Cannot copy files from command prompt

using copy/paste in command prompt

Hi, exactly why that may be I can't tell you, as my crystal ball is currently down for unforeseen scheduled maintenance *chuckle.

File Explorer - Copy/Cut and Paste function not working

This suggests a 3rd party program may be interfering.

Try paste into your command prompt in Safe Mode. If that works, try a process of elimination.

dalchina, May 10, 2019
Thema:

Cannot copy files from command prompt

1. Cannot copy files from command prompt - Similar Threads - Cannot copy files

2. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  3. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: To copy a file with a new name in the command prompt, you can use the copy a command followed by the source file path and the destination file path. Here's the syntax:cssCopy codecopy [source_file_path] [destination_file_path]Replace [source_file_path] with the path of the...
  4. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  6. copy file with new name in command prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    copy file with new name in command prompt: Hi all, This is a bit of an unusual question. I use a radio automation program called Zara, and am trying to get it to load certain sweeper files automatically. The files where these are stored have a ZSL extension. I have them stored currently in my music folder in a Zara...
  7. copy file with new name in command prompt

8. corrupt files command prompt cannot fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupt files command prompt cannot fix: I am having win32kfull.sys bluescreen, and then I had a sfc /scannow with command prompt, and then it said windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them, how can I fix it? thanks...
  9. cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) from start menu: I was using Pinnacle Studio when it froze. On rebooting I discovered I had to reinstall my drivers for video and audio. I decided to use SFC /Scannow to check Windows. I discovered I could no longer access cannot access command prompt or command prompt (admin) by right...
  10. Trying to copy with command prompt

Trying to copy with command prompt: I've been trying for hours now, with copy, xcopy and robocopy, to just copy one file from my hard drive to a thumb drive. I can't even get it to copy it from the desktop, to the desktop. I've tried I think 40 or 50 different combinations, based on different articles that I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Cannot copy file using command prompt