Windows 10: Cannot enter safe mode

Discus and support Cannot enter safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things: Use this guide: Startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by raymond1984, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Cannot enter safe mode

Hi, My Asus laptop is stuck in a startup repair loop while trying to fix error 0x80070091, I've tried following things:
    Use this guide: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Use the option 'reset this pc' and tried to use 'system recovery' but all to no avail.
    While in this startup repair loop it also seems impossible to enter safe mode. (I've tried to enter safe mode pressing F5 from the startup settings screen). I guess using the tweaking repair program will solve this error (0x80070091) but obviously I have to enter safe mode first. Any suggestions?

Thx!

Ray

:)

raymond1984, Mar 27, 2017
  2. Sher Amo Win User

cannot enter safe mode

Hi Wind,

A third-party program conflict can be the reason for this error.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • Are you receiving the error code during startup or when running an application?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, we recommend that you check this article on how to perform
    a clean boot in Window 10
    . This helps eliminate software conflicts that occurs when you install a program or an update. You may also determine what conflict is causing the issue by performing this method.

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 27, 2017
  3. Wind Ng Win User
    cannot enter safe mode

I had a problem with my computer with code error 0xc000034.. i try to check on my files using safe mode but each and every time i try to go into safe mode and it fail. it keep on restart and will not show this pic

Wind Ng, Mar 27, 2017
  4. essenbe Win User

Cannot enter safe mode

essenbe, Mar 27, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    It is not easy to fix that system restore error. If you read the first 3 or 4 pages or so of this thread
    System Restore fails: AppxStaging %ProgramFiles%\WindowsApp 0x80070091 - - Windows 10 Forums

you will eventually see that someone solved this by by renaming (or deleting) the WindowsApps folder.

Turning to what you are attempting to do - you are trying to restore the backup copy of the registry.
    You could do that by first booting from an external bootable medium.

You could use Kyhi's bootable DVD/flash drive, which you can find at the top of the Software and Apps section of this forum, which gives you a Windows style environment.

Or you could boot from a Win 10 install medium, and use the command prompt.

dalchina, Mar 27, 2017
  6. iDamn Win User
    I had the same exact problem, where I had created a restore point and when my PC did mess up, I couldn't use the System Recovery because of that exact error. I was frustrated and wanted to boot into safemode. I got into the blue screen before the safemode, and I couldn't enter it because of BSOD.

So as a last resort, I just reset my PC and chose the selection to "Keep my files".

The other way to get to the advanced options screen is just to reboot again and again while it's still booting up. Until the Windows display "Preparing Automatic Startup Repair"

iDamn, Mar 27, 2017
  7. Thanks for all the help so far *Smile

essenbe:

I've checked the tutorial and followed this instruction:

7. To Start Windows 10 in Safe Mode with Networking

A) Type the command below into the command prompt, press Enter, and go to step 9 below.
    *Smile

iDamn:

I've tried this several times. It's takes a while and when finished Windows will tell me that 'there was a problem with resetting Windows'.

Every time I start my PC, Windows automatically prepares for automatic startup repair but without success

raymond1984, Mar 28, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Cannot enter safe mode

What I think you should be aiming for is to restore the backup copy of your registry, having booted using a bootable medium such as Kyhi's disk, as I mentioned above.

Please see attached- if you use Kyhi's disk you can use file explorer.
    Be very careful about the drive letter you are working with - it may not be C:

However, whatever you've tried to do mean time (resetting etc) might have invalidated this. I don't know.

Of course, if you had been using disk imaging routinely, you could have restored a previously created disk image. We strongly recommend this approach.

dalchina, Mar 28, 2017
  9. I kept running into all sorts of problems trying to fix the problem so I just did a clean install. All good now!

Thanks for all the help! *Smile

Ray

raymond1984, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot enter safe mode

1. Cannot enter safe mode - Similar Threads - Cannot enter safe

2. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter safe mode: I can't enter safe mode . I have been trying from many days . Related video: https://youtu.be/8vE0ORHdXWE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enter-safe-mode/72bba3b6-a849-440d-8c33-c4625ccaed5f
  3. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter safe mode: I can't enter safe mode . I have been trying from many days . Related video: https://youtu.be/8vE0ORHdXWE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-enter-safe-mode/72bba3b6-a849-440d-8c33-c4625ccaed5f
  4. Can't enter safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows not entering safe mode

Windows not entering safe mode: I want to switch my graphics card from Nvidia to AMD. For this I need to uninstall the current graphics drivers and install new ones in safe mode. Unfortunately, my windows won't enter safe mode. When I click "startup settings" and select restart, the computer just boots back...
  6. BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, cannot enter Safe Mode, System Restore, nothing.: Hello, I lack the knowledge of computers and hope I receive some help. I had a pc built for my younger sister and it was fine until she received the BSOD. There were cycles of resetting that led to no improvements regardless of whether I chose to enter Safe Mode, clearing...
  7. Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally: I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903. Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any...
  8. Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode

Cannot interrupt windows boot to enter safe mode: I'm at a complete loss. I offered to help a friend unlock their Windows Tablet since they forgot all passwords. The only account available is the non-elevated administrator local account. After multiple failed attempts I had to reset the PC but upon finishing boot up it...
  9. I cannot enter in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot enter in safe mode: I cannot enter in safe mode and I need to take my system to a previous state since I lost some files after an update that I made. These are very important for my work. Could you please help me?...
  10. Can't enter safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't enter safe mode: I have gone through previous postings and while the answer seems close to what I need to, they solution does not work. First of all, I am frustrated by constantly being told my password is bad - yet here I am - finally - bad password and all. What's up with that? Now to...