Windows 10: Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

Discus and support Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. Two of the programs start as expected but for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hairy Scot, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
    Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not.
    I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task Scheduler.
    However it seems that does not always work.

Update:-
    Just tried the Task Scheduler route for Speedfan. Still no go.

What is it about Speedfan that causes these difficulties?

:)

Hairy Scot, Aug 10, 2016

2. Task Scheduler cannot run files at system startup. Is there a bug?

I already knew 'When I log on' worked before I asked this question.

So 'When the computer starts' is simply a bug and thus useless?

Matthew_Wai, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Task Scheduler cannot run files at system startup. Is there a bug?

Thank you for the response. To further troubleshoot, we recommend that you follow the steps provided from this article: Troubleshooting
    Task Scheduler

Keep us posted with the result.

Jennifer Cha, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Hi Shaun, *Smile
    Thanks for the info.
    I took the easy way out in the meantime and switched to HWiNFO.
    I'll have another try with Speedfan a little later.
    Does Speedfan really need to be elevated?

Hairy Scot, Aug 10, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It's been a while since I used Speedfan, but it needed to run elevated to work for me then.

Brink, Aug 10, 2016
  7. Set it up as shown in your tutorial.
    First class!
    Thank you.

PS
    Apologies for once again misspelling your name. *cry

Hairy Scot, Aug 11, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Great news. *Party

No worries. I'm used to it being spelled all sorts of ways. LOL

Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  9. Unfortunately, like lots of people of my generation, I suffer from a mild case of CRAFT. *Wink

Hairy Scot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp - Similar Threads - Cannot Speedfan run

2. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  3. Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan: Been awhile since I've posted anything here... And my computer really hasn't changed one bit. I did upgrade the CPU finally, though just barely. Went from a Xeon w3550 to a x5650. :V Anyways, that's not what this thread is about. I've been using two of the same programs for...
  4. How to uninstall speedfan?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uninstall speedfan?: I installed speedfan, but it failed to run, it just crashes. But now I can not even uninstall it. In programs and features, speedfan is not listed in the program list, but it is install on the system as it can be found when I type speedfan into the search bar on the task...
  5. Can't get to windows startup or run box

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get to windows startup or run box: C:\Users\Des2b\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Startup THERE IS NO Startup Can't get to startup Can't get the windows run box Google search states go to Settings > Apps > Startup. THERE IS NO Startup Can I not go to a detailed view in settings like windows 7...
  6. Cannot make a program to run at startup

Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  7. Cannot make a program to run at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot make a program to run at startup: I've used a program called Startup Manager to manually create an entry for this program called speedfan [img] It also appears in the startup tab on Task Manager [img] But I doesn't work. The program default behavior is to open minimized as an icon in tray (it works...
  8. speedfan not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    speedfan not working after 1803 update: my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on...
  9. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot: I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just fine, but needs Speedfan to run to get the temps and fan speeds. That's the problem. Speedfan has to run from the Startup...
  10. The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.

in Windows 10 Support
    The file cannot be run at system startup but can be run manually.: I need to use Task Scheduler to run a .vbs file with highest privileges at system startup. The following are my settings. The file is not run at system startup but can be run manually in Task Scheduler. Can anyone help? [img] [img] [img] 72008