Windows 10: Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage

Discus and support Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I cannot get Storage Sense to release much needed 'available' storage in the two most important ways, Downloaded Files,and Compress. I have run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Jul 1, 2019.

1. clayto Win User

Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage

Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage [​IMG]

I cannot get Storage Sense to release much needed 'available' storage in the two most important ways, Downloaded Files,and Compress. I have run it numerous times, resulting in the same amount of GBs continuing to be displayed as available. Why is this? Cleaning the Downloaded Files folder seem to be a straightforward request, but it stays at or about the figure shown above. Compressing the OS, may be more complicated as I have already done it. Despite my Folders and Files being shown as compressed in Explorer, the amount shown as available also remained much the same after compression, which only released about 2 GB, not the 8 to 10 expected.

The other less useful targets are cleaned OK but this only releases a few MB. What do I have to do to get Storage Sense to do its job when I select Clean Now?

:)

clayto, Jul 1, 2019

2. Storage Sense

Hello Microsoft Community,

I enabled Storage Sense on my Windows 10 PC to automatically free up space on my computer. However, I just got a notification that Storage Sense needs to be enabled by "removing unused cloud-backed content on your PC", but Storage Sense is already enabled.
    How can I set Storage Sense to clean my PC every week? And what is "unused cloud-backed content"?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

TechNow389, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Storage Sense

Nice one Dude. Added to the list.

I am happy you made this, it has been on my ToDo list for ages but the real life has been messing with my plans preventing any time consuming hobbies like video making Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage :)

Kari, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Dude, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage - Similar Threads - Cannot Storage Sense

2. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  3. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense: My storage sense are now 37.2gb from 222 gb and how i free space back to 35.3gb from 222 gb? The storage sense fills up space because of windows update installation. I got use system restore won't free space back to 35.3 gb from 222gb but free up space a bit. I use system...
  4. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Customization
    Storage Sense: When Storage Sense is set to run on a scheduled basis every month for example, what files are deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/41d260f8-9231-4d50-a64d-c99e924ab100
  6. Storage Sense

Storage Sense: In my Windows 10 system, Temporary Files contain system restore points-9 GB and Windows update Cleanup-6 GB, Is it safe to delete such temporary files? plz Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/981146e3-b38f-4e3c-88e3-c7bdb6a67b91
  7. storage Sense

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    storage Sense: If I set storage sense to clean every day? It doesn't seem to do anything Am I missing anything in my settings? or does it work only when you reach full capacity on the drive? thank you and stay safe 155349
  8. Storage sense

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Storage sense: Not able to turn on due to Administrator blocking it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-sense/de41c85d-6ad8-4362-8c75-8176c32925de
  9. Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot get Storage Sense clean now to release storage: [img] I cannot get Storage Sense to release much needed 'available' storage in the two most important ways, Downloaded Files,and Compress. I have run it numerous times, resulting in the same amount of GBs continuing to be displayed as available. Why is this? Cleaning the...
  10. Amount of storage and Storage Sense

Amount of storage and Storage Sense: I'm running version 1803 in Windows 10. I have 775 GB free and 144 GB being used. Several times a day I get a notification that Storage Sense wants to free up space as I'm running low. Every time I allow it to "clean up" my computer it tells me it couldn't free up any...