Windows 10: View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

Discus and support View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 How to View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 Storage usage let's you see what's filling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Spitfire400, Sep 25, 2015.

1. View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

How to: View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

How to View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

Storage usage let's you see what's filling your local storage and free up some space on your PC.

This tutorial will show you how to view the storage usage of your local storage drives in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on Storage on the left side, and click/tap on the View storage usage on other drives link on the right side under More storage settings. (see screenshot below)

View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 [​IMG]

3. Click/tap on the drive you want to view the storage usage of. (see screenshot below)

4. You can click/tap on System and reserved, Apps and games, Pictures, Music, Videos, Mail, Documents, OneDrive, Other users, Temporary files, and Other to see more storage details about them. (see screenshot below)

5. Each listed item from step 3 above may have additional options to allow you to view and/or manage it. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Spitfire400, Sep 25, 2015

2. Disk Cleanup fails

Hi Friend! If you're having trouble cleaning up your Hard Drive, see if this helps. This is new in W10

Here's tutorial by Shawn Brinks!View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

garybear89, Sep 25, 2015
  3. I have 3 install.esd on my hard drive and they take a lot of space can I delete them?

Can you please use Settings->System->Storage applet and select/double click the System Drive(CView Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 :) to view the Storage Usage. Once you are in the Storage Usage, please go down to Temporary Files and under "Previous Version of Windows" please select "Delete
    previous versions" to remove these files. Please keep us updated if this works for you or not.

PaddyA [MSFT], Sep 25, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

I'm glad it could help Spitfire400. *Smile

Brink, Sep 25, 2015
Thema:

View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10

1. View Storage Usage of Drives in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - View Storage Usage

2. Settings crashes when viewing storage on other drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings crashes when viewing storage on other drive: I have recently installed a new 1T NVME drive on my computer X drive. I also have an existing C drive and Z drive, both of which are NVME. Prior to adding the new X drive via storage settings > manage storage spaces, I could view the available storage on both the C and Z...
  3. How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: [ATTACH]By default, when you add a new drive to an upgraded pool in Windows […] This article How to optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces

freeing storage usage of windows storage spaces: Hi there, I switched from winbtrfs to windows storage spaces. I have 4 drives for them and firstly attached 2 drives, copied data to it and then attached the other 2 drives and optimized the storage to equal the storage usage over the 4 drives. Unfortunately the blocks...
  5. One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage

One Drive shows wrong usage of free Storage: My One Drive Folder is empty except for the shortcut Amarnath's Notebook in the Document Folder. Yet the One Drive is showing 2 gigabytes used storage out of the 5 gigabytes free storage. Why so?...
  6. Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect

Windows 10 Storage Usage Incorrect: Hi I'm getting the notification that my C drive is full I have a ThinkPad T570 with 512gb ssd. the C drive have 269gb. It is getting full for no reason, over a period of a few days it has been getting full without me downloading anything I went to take a look into the storage...
  7. Inexplicable Storage usage

Inexplicable Storage usage: I noticed that my 1TB HDD was becoming alarmingly filled up. A short time ago, it was down to 80Gb free so I started uninstalling all games I wasn't playing. I even went through and uninstalled old programs I never use anymore in the Apps and Features. This brought my...
  8. storage usage

storage usage: reserved storage usage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-usage/c344f71c-b28a-4e6a-a287-5dede390fe4c"
  9. wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES

wINDOWS 10 STORAGE USAGE ISSUES: I don't understand why my WINRETOOLS (D) is always in the red. I have 1.98 gb used out of 2 gb which leaves me with 17 something mb. Why have I almost filled this up? Am I putting too many things in it? and I don't even know what drive it is or what it is for. Ive got...
  10. Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10: How to: Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 How to Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10 [img] Information create virtual drives called storage spaces. These storage spaces typically store two copies of...