Windows 10: Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

Discus and support Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nelle, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nelle Win User

Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start menu does not work. So as when I turn on the night light in settings, it reverts back to off when I exit settings. Help. I don't know what to do.

:)

Nelle, Oct 30, 2018
  2. pinakel Win User

can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Oct 30, 2018
  3. pinakel Win User

I format the pc again. Then hide the app list, before installing any app/softwares

Thanks for your help

pinakel, Oct 30, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

One possibility is that you're using Start in full screen mode.

There is registry setting, but is in binary mode and is used for other settings too…

tutorials | 66248-hide-show-app-list-start-menu-windows-10

AndreTen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home - Similar Threads - Cannot hide app

2. Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Files pinned to the Apps listed: In my search window, the only files that show up when I right-click one of the APP icons are OneDrive files. In earlier versions of WIN10 I could also see the local files I had opened with those apps. How do I restore that? Thanks!...
  3. My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh

My Start Menu App List Won't Refresh: Several game apps appear on my start menu, but do not offer an "Uninstall" option when I right click on them. Similarly they don't show up under PowerShell. In fact, when I click on the app tile, a program doesn't even open. It seems the program is not there (not...
  4. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu: So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed...
  5. Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu

Unable to add to All apps list in Start Menu: I can place a new folder or custom shortcut in the correct start menu location (current user or all users) but it will not appear in the All apps list. If I go to the folder or shortcut and right-click Pin to Start it will appear as a tile in the start menu, but still will...
  6. Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.)

Kill the letters! (Start menu apps list.): One final hack/adjustment and I will be at peace. So far no-one has come up with a way to remove the stupid letters from the start menu apps list... have they? Please do NOT suggest third part apps. I value the right click menu features on the Start button and all the...
  7. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  8. Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start

in Windows 10 Support
    Any way to hide the All apps list in the AU Start: I've just installed the AU on test PC and see that the "All apps" list is expanded by default. Is there a way to have it contracted by default? 62853
  9. question about "all apps" list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    question about "all apps" list in start menu: When programs appear in the all apps list of the start menu I usually click don't show this in the list option, well now none of the apps are ever showing there, imagine that lol, is there anyway to get them to start showing again? 22952
  10. Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10: They're still not getting it! What so many users would like, (among other things), is a customizable single column list Start Menu! (I would like to pin my choices to a single list, PERIOD! No tiles, unless I choose, no alphabet letters, no 'Most Used', no 'Recently...