Windows 10: Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

Discus and support Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nelle, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Nelle Win User

Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start menu does not work. So as when I turn on the night light in settings, it reverts back to off when I exit settings. Help. I don't know what to do.

:)

Nelle, Oct 30, 2018
  2. pinakel Win User

can not hide app list in start menu

Using windows 10 build 17063

I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu'

But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app list from Strat menu. How do i hide app from start menu ?

Is thr any registry tweaks or other option to hide app from start menu ?

Thanks

pinakel, Oct 30, 2018
  3. pinakel Win User

I format the pc again. Then hide the app list, before installing any app/softwares

Thanks for your help

pinakel, Oct 30, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

One possibility is that you're using Start in full screen mode.

There is registry setting, but is in binary mode and is used for other settings too…

tutorials | 66248-hide-show-app-list-start-menu-windows-10

AndreTen, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home - Similar Threads - Cannot hide app

2. How to show or hide Recommended list in Start Menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Recommended list in Start Menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you do not want to show recently opened files and apps, you can hide the Recommended list or section in Start Menu on Windows 11. You can disable the Recommended section in Start Menu using Windows Settings. The Start Menu of Windows 11 has a Recommended section,...
  3. Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alphabetical Listing of Apps on Start Menu: The alphabetical listing of all apps on the start menu has disappeared and now all i have is an all apps button which then displays icons on the main screen and not the start menu...
  4. Issue With Start Menu Apps List

Issue With Start Menu Apps List: I run Windows 10 and have an issue with the Start Menu List of Apps the list of apps/ programs in alphabetic order that appears on the left side of the screen next to the Start Tiles. Some shortcuts are contained in folders that I want to move out of the folders, place them...
  5. Hiding a specific app from start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hiding a specific app from start menu: Hello Redditors, I am having a little situation where after installing Adobe Creative Cloud on my computer an app called "Notification Manager for Adobe Creative Cloud" appeared on my Start Menu. I have checked in both "all user start menu" and "current user start menu"...
  6. Customize Start Menu App List

Customize Start Menu App List: Greetings, I've already tried asking this in Microsoft Answers. I have created an "Adobe" folder (below) in the Start Menu app list, to put Adobe apps in: %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Adobe I have moved Acrobat Reader and Photoshop Elements into the...
  7. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...
  8. Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu

Cannot add shortcuts to Apps list in start menu: So, I've been trying to add a few things to the app list in the start menu for a while now. Every site I've gone to says to put the shortcuts in "%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs". I have done that multiple times, checked to make sure the shortcuts were pointed...
  9. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...
  10. Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photoscan meno hide by windows info