Windows 10: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Edwin New Member

Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10

All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into folders with the folder name in the alphabetical list.

Starting with Windows 10 build 14942, users can hide or show the app list (aka: "All apps") in their Start menu.

When you set to hide the app list next to the pinned tiles in Start. An All apps button will be displayed on Start to open the all apps list.

This tutorial will show you how to hide or show the app list in the Start menu for your account in Windows 10.

*note This doesn't apply to full screen Start.

EXAMPLE: Hide or show app list in Start menu

Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Personalization icon.

2. Click/tap on Start on the left side, and turn on (default) or off to Show app list in Start menu on the right side for what you want. (see screenshot below)

3. When finished, you can close Settings if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Edwin, Oct 7, 2016
  2. Niwrek Win User

Show app list in Start Menu function Windows 10 pro

Thank you for your response. I think I clearly mentioned that it does work on my desktop that is running Windows 10 home. So yes, I know where this option is (as I mentioned in my post) but the problem is that this option doesn't seem to be available in
    Windows 10 Pro.

Anything that can be done about that?

Niwrek, Oct 7, 2016
  3. Show app list in Start Menu function Windows 10 pro

Try checking the details on this
    link
    to see if you're doing the right steps.

SimpleMindz, Oct 7, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

I tried it, but I prefer the OOBE*Wink

Cliff S, Oct 7, 2016
  5. BmLava Win User
    Hey, can i do that from registry? thanks in advance.

BmLava, Apr 10, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello BmLava, *Smile

The setting is set in the Data binary value in the registry key below, but it is a binary value that other settings use as well.

Code: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$windows.data.unifiedtile.startglobalproperties\Current[/quote]

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide or Show App List in Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hide Show App

2. How to show or hide Recommended list in Start Menu on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to show or hide Recommended list in Start Menu on Windows 11: [ATTACH]If you do not want to show recently opened files and apps, you can hide the Recommended list or section in Start Menu on Windows 11. You can disable the Recommended section in Start Menu using Windows Settings. The Start Menu of Windows 11 has a Recommended section,...
  3. App list doesn't showing in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App list doesn't showing in the start menu: Even after turning on the option the app list doesn't merge with tiles . Please help me to resolve problem providing some screenshots [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 start menu shows no app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu shows no app: [IMG]I don't know what's happening here but when I use my pc, it goes BSOD and says "system service exception" then, after I restart my pc, this problem happens...
  5. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  6. Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 start menu no longer lists apps in alphabetical list: I just recently had an update which resulted in my start screen no longer display my apps in an alphabetical list. I do I recover that format ? Version 1809 of Windows 10 Build 17763.195 Thank you in advance, June...
  7. Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot hide app list in Start Menu Windows Home: My laptop is very new but when I started tinkering around, I found out that I cannot hide app list in start menu. The settings is there, but when I switch off the button and exit settings or go to another screen, the switch turns back to on. Anything I switch in the start...
  8. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  9. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...
  10. can not hide app list in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    can not hide app list in start menu: Using windows 10 build 17063 I go to setting > personalization > start, now I off 'Show app list from start menu' But Whenever I exit the start personalization windows or go to other setting it automatic turn on 'Show app list from start menu' So i can not hide app...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Where is the Cortana app hiding

2. where is show app list in start menu