Windows 10: Cannot log in

Discus and support Cannot log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to log in to an HP 11-n010dx. When I boot it does boot to the log in screen. I see my friends picture and the prompt to log in. I put his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by copiman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. copiman Win User

Cannot log in

I am trying to log in to an HP 11-n010dx. When I boot it does boot to the log in screen. I see my friends picture and the prompt to log in. I put his password in and it says password is incorrect. Make sure your using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password.reset.

I did noticed in the lower left area of the screen it has 2 accounts. I tried both and get the same results. It was working the other day.I,m still learning about 8 and 10. Any ideas as to what to do?

:)

copiman, Mar 22, 2016

2. cannot log in using my current log in id

Hi Toymesialewis,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which user account you are using? Is it a Microsoft account or a local account?
    • Have you configured any other Microsoft/administrator account on your system?
    • What happens when you enter the password? Do you get any error message/code?
    If you are using a Microsoft account then, I suggest you to reset the password and check if it works.

Refer to the following link to reset the password:

Reset your password

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 22, 2016
  3. cannot log in using my current log in id

Original Title: windows update

I updated windows 10 on my computer and now i cannot log in using my current log in id. The computer defaulted to a user id i used 2 years ago. All of my current documents and settings are under my current log in id which i cannot seem to log into.

toymesialewis, Mar 22, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Cannot log in

Try logging in to the email account....Hotmail or Outlook ....to check password.
    That's what Windows 10 wants...same password as email account.

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2016
  5. copiman Win User
    OK. I will call him and check on it.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but when I try to log in without being connected to the network, it says:

Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device. I did use the last password.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. I will check on email password.

copiman, Mar 22, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    That's because that account your trying to log into, is setup for a Microsoft Account, which NEEDS a internet connection.
    Local account does not. That Microsoft account uses same name and password as his email account.
    Here is a link that might help you .
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
    This will show you the difference's of each account.

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2016
  7. copiman Win User
    Thanks Mike for the info. Still waiting on my friend to call. Laptop belongs to his grandson so who knows. Will post back once I get it.

copiman, Mar 23, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Cannot log in

An internet connection is only required to login with a Microsoft Account the first time. After that the last used and valid password is saved on the computer and you can continue to login without an internet connection provided you know the password that was last used on that computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot log in

1. Cannot log in - Similar Threads - Cannot log

2. Win update now cannot log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win update now cannot log in: After an update I can no longer log into windows. The screen starts out clear, then when I try to log in ( hit enter) the screen blurs and no log in box appears and nothing else happens. I have restarted several times and still the same issue. I can get to safe mode and I...
  3. Acer Desktop inaccessible after 8-14-19 Update -- cannot log in, use keyboard, mouse or...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Acer Desktop inaccessible after 8-14-19 Update -- cannot log in, use keyboard, mouse or...: Yesterday, my computer conducted an update. It took much longer than usual (over 4 hours) but I let it complete the cycle. After it restarted, the usual and expected photo/screensaver was displayed. I could not use the space bar to open the field for entering my access code....
  4. Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows - users logged on to samba NT domain cannot connect WIFI ! but local domain users can.: hi everybody, The problem I'm experiencing is pretty much what is in the subject. ver. 1903 windows are members of Samba (classic NT) domain and users of that domain when logged in cannot connect to WIFI, but if a local user logs in on the same workstation then WIFI gets...
  5. Cannot log in to Window 10 computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot log in to Window 10 computer: G'day, I still cannot log into my computer. I have tried everything I know. I got onto Microsoft Chat. I was advised to phone them on 1 800 6427676. I have been trying to phone for over two hours. The number is constantly engaged. I turn on my computer, I see black...
  6. Cannot log into my Windows 10 PC. I know my what my Microsoft Account log in email &...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot log into my Windows 10 PC. I know my what my Microsoft Account log in email &...: Cannot log into my Windows 10 PC. I know my Microsoft Account log in email & password. I know what I was using for a local account PIN. Apparently, I have several Administrator Accounts. What happened is I tried Dell Computer's temporary solution for the Dell SupportAssist...
  7. WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder - Cannot change files despite being the owner and being logged in as Admin: Hi there, I'm trying to gain write access to the WindowsApps folder. What I did: 1. Property -> Security -> Advanced. 2. Changed owner to my account that is currently logged on as admin. 3. Checked the box below "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects". 4. Set all...
  8. Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place

Cannot log into my PC after installing 1903 by update in place: Help, I am locked out of my own machine. After finally getting 1903 to install, I am prompted to log in as other user. It will not allow me to make a new account, or log in with my microsoft account. It keeps prompting me that my password is wrong. It isn't wrong and I...
  9. cannot log in to computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot log in to computer: When I switch on I cannot type anything into the password box. cannot log in unless I go to forgotten password and change my password every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-log-in-to-computer/206ca10a-983a-48d8-97a2-c2115d4de513
  10. Flashing black screen and cannot log into device

Flashing black screen and cannot log into device: My laptop recently crashed and when it did I powered it off, and when I turned it back on I was greeted with the Your device has ran into a problem we're collecting and repairing, then you can restart, which I tried to do, but it wouldn't restart and I proceeded to the...