Windows 10: Cannot log in

Discus and support Cannot log in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am trying to log in to an HP 11-n010dx. When I boot it does boot to the log in screen. I see my friends picture and the prompt to log in. I put his... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by copiman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. copiman Win User

Cannot log in

I am trying to log in to an HP 11-n010dx. When I boot it does boot to the log in screen. I see my friends picture and the prompt to log in. I put his password in and it says password is incorrect. Make sure your using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password.reset.

I did noticed in the lower left area of the screen it has 2 accounts. I tried both and get the same results. It was working the other day.I,m still learning about 8 and 10. Any ideas as to what to do?

:)

copiman, Mar 22, 2016

2. cannot log in using my current log in id

Hi Toymesialewis,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would require more information to help you better.

• Which user account you are using? Is it a Microsoft account or a local account?
    • Have you configured any other Microsoft/administrator account on your system?
    • What happens when you enter the password? Do you get any error message/code?
    If you are using a Microsoft account then, I suggest you to reset the password and check if it works.

Refer to the following link to reset the password:

Reset your password

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 22, 2016
  3. cannot log in using my current log in id

Original Title: windows update

I updated windows 10 on my computer and now i cannot log in using my current log in id. The computer defaulted to a user id i used 2 years ago. All of my current documents and settings are under my current log in id which i cannot seem to log into.

toymesialewis, Mar 22, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Cannot log in

Try logging in to the email account....Hotmail or Outlook ....to check password.
    That's what Windows 10 wants...same password as email account.

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2016
  5. copiman Win User
    OK. I will call him and check on it.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but when I try to log in without being connected to the network, it says:

Your device is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this device. I did use the last password.

Anyway, just thought I would throw that out there. I will check on email password.

copiman, Mar 22, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    That's because that account your trying to log into, is setup for a Microsoft Account, which NEEDS a internet connection.
    Local account does not. That Microsoft account uses same name and password as his email account.
    Here is a link that might help you .
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
    This will show you the difference's of each account.

OldMike65, Mar 22, 2016
  7. copiman Win User
    Thanks Mike for the info. Still waiting on my friend to call. Laptop belongs to his grandson so who knows. Will post back once I get it.

copiman, Mar 23, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Cannot log in

An internet connection is only required to login with a Microsoft Account the first time. After that the last used and valid password is saved on the computer and you can continue to login without an internet connection provided you know the password that was last used on that computer.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Cannot log in

1. Cannot log in - Similar Threads - Cannot log

2. Cannot log in to microsoft account after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in to microsoft account after motherboard change.: So I changed my motherboard and now cannot login as it gives me some weird error Ox8007000e, and also asks for windows password which I have not setup so I leave blank, but it gives me error again tried to set up a password, same result. Support said to activate windows that...
  3. Cannot log in to microsoft account after motherboard change.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot log in to microsoft account after motherboard change.: So I changed my motherboard and now cannot login as it gives me some weird error Ox8007000e, and also asks for windows password which I have not setup so I leave blank, but it gives me error again tried to set up a password, same result. Support said to activate windows that...
  4. After updating to windows 11 cannot log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After updating to windows 11 cannot log in: Hello, I finally decided to upgrade to windows 11 and upon completing the upgrade my computer is stuck on the windows 11 log in screen, it will say other user and when I try my local login it says incorrect. When I try to log in with the option for Microsoft account it says...
  5. After updating to windows 11 cannot log in

After updating to windows 11 cannot log in: Hello, I finally decided to upgrade to windows 11 and upon completing the upgrade my computer is stuck on the windows 11 log in screen, it will say other user and when I try my local login it says incorrect. When I try to log in with the option for Microsoft account it says...
  6. Cannot log in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot log in my pc: One day my pc had a problem and it was beeping and didnt open, so I talked witb a professional and he fixed it but now for some reason whenever I try to log in and when I input the correct Pin it just keep telling me "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in...
  7. Cannot log in my pc

Cannot log in my pc: One day my pc had a problem and it was beeping and didnt open, so I talked witb a professional and he fixed it but now for some reason whenever I try to log in and when I input the correct Pin it just keep telling me "This sign-in option is disabled because of failed sign-in...
  8. I literally cannot log in. Help me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I literally cannot log in. Help me.: Hello. A few nights ago I was playing a game and shut off my computer. The next day I wake up and it says I need to wait 2 hours to sign in again. Its happened before, so I left my PC on and came back 2 hours later. Then about 3 hours later, I come back, and it didn’t work. I...
  9. I literally cannot log in. Help me.

I literally cannot log in. Help me.: Hello. A few nights ago I was playing a game and shut off my computer. The next day I wake up and it says I need to wait 2 hours to sign in again. Its happened before, so I left my PC on and came back 2 hours later. Then about 3 hours later, I come back, and it didn’t work. I...
  10. I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...

I cannot log in to One Drive - there's an error....Also I cannot get Start to open or use...: I cannot get Start to open any more. I cannot log into to One Drive. This is what shows up. In not a techie and need help. Very frustrated!Troubleshooting detailsIf you contact your administrator, send this info to them.Copy info to clipboard CopiedCorrelation Id:...